Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapon Damage

Something I, and my friends have noticed is that most weapons are incredibly weak. Most of the time, even with the rocket launcher at 80 Dmg, it takes like 3 direct hits to kill someone. and the 100 armor spawn is generally a bad idea. it would take a ludicrous amount of damage to kill someone.
I'm no balance expert, but I really think that health regeneration should stay the same. Also, the amount of readily available armor and health in maps is way too much for the current damage! I don't want to be a pessimist, or annoy you with anything, but the way we move is already hard enough to hit anyone(i wouldn't have the fast movement any other way, baby) but making everyone have soo much health soo little damage... well you may or may not get the point.!!
But upping the weapon damage by at least x1.5-2.0 (tinker with it) for all weapons along with the rocket launcher may be a good idea. The health is optional in my opinion, maybe it could take 2 hits to kill a tank in armor instead of 5.
Please consider either reducing the value of health and armor, or increase the value of the weapons.

In nexuiz, health/armour stacks to 999. That was fun.

I think the idea is that skills > damage. Makes combat a little longer and a little more challenging if you have to actually hit the other guy repeatedly rather than just once or twice.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

(11-17-2010, 08:30 PM)Sepelio Wrote: In nexuiz, health/armour stacks to 999. That was fun.

I think the idea is that skills > damage. Makes combat a little longer and a little more challenging if you have to actually hit the other guy repeatedly rather than just once or twice.
Yeah I share Sepelio's view here, once ones skill increases having to land a few more hits for the frag doesn't seem like a bad thing.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Gam0rdude Wrote:I don't want to be a pessimist, or annoy you with anything, but the way we move is already hard enough to hit anyone(i wouldn't have the fast movement any other way, baby) but making everyone have soo much health soo little damage... well you may or may not get the point.!!

Part of the reason the game is so fast (especially on servers with 0 rocket delay) is the ability to stack up health and go for long runs with the laser or huge RL jumps. IMO it's really something that becomes less and less of an issue as you get more skill, because you soon learn to move fast, stack well and hit a fast moving target.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(11-18-2010, 04:04 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: IMO it's really something that becomes less and less of an issue as you get more skill, because you soon learn to move fast, stack well and hit a fast moving target.

I agree. You have to take into consideration that also the weapons fire pretty fast so that you can easily hit your target multiple times in a short timespan, especially if you use weapon combos. Skilled players hit more often - it would be very unsatisfying if you'd die from two hits, because that would mean you'd be dead by less than two seconds.

Also with longer "fighting" phases you give less skilled players the chance to decrease the health/armor level of skilled players at least a bit because they may get a chance to hit once or twice as well. That way they could eventually kill a more skilled player once after several attempts. I can tell from several matches with dim or Waldi that this is very motivating indeed (note that it usually takes me about 30 or 40 attempts Big Grin)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Actually agree with the OP. Some of the weapons could do with being a little bit more stronger imo, before I felt the rockets were about right.

I think the health should still be max 200/200 for health/armour, I don't care if it's the same as other game's having any more indeed make's it really hard to be able to kill someone.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

for me2!
Little more damage would be nice!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,807 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Updating damage indicator on damage instead of creating another indicator rafallus 1 2,123 10-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,672 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,657 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Splash damage VISUALLY bleeding through surfaces Lee_Stricklin 5 6,778 09-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,554 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Machinegun damage [AP]Sniperz 18 17,058 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,153 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot