Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your mouse?

You know, I used to have PS/2 ball mouse that had sweat and blood stained on it (don't ask me how that happened). The cool thing about it was I had ripped it open and rigged the pins to spin continuously if I lifted it up to compensate for the little desk space I had at the time and was able to do some crazy trick shots in UT99 because of it. I'd still use that thing if it didn't break on me.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(09-22-2010, 02:30 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote:
(09-20-2010, 07:48 PM)maxp00n Wrote: who's your daddy? BOOM trifecta
And what a kickass plywood mouse mat.

you know it... the jealousy pours in...
Internets. Serious Business.

I'm using a generic Logitech IR-tracked thumb ball. I think it's called the "Trackman Wheel" or something like that.

advantages:
It doesn't strain my wrist nearly as much as mice do.
It takes up less desk space than a mouse mat.
It's affordable and ubiquitious.
I don't have to be Lee_Stricklin to throw the cursor.
It has none of that cordless nonsense, so doesn't need recharging.
It works fine with Linux.

drawbacks:
It only has three buttons, counting the one on the scroll wheel. I "need" MOAR buttons!
I'm told that newer devices' optical tracking is much better for gaming.

so on:
I want to try a finger-operated ball when this wears out since I'm told that it's even better in the ergonomic sense, both for speed-accuracy balance and reduced strain. Can any one recommend a good finger ball for Xonotic with more than three buttons, a corded version and Linux drivers? Does any one here have experience with that Kensington ball with the rectangular case?

whats a mouse?

http://omploader.org/vNWd5ZA/helpline.wav

I use a wireless Logitech M705 mouse. It's one of the most comfortable and durable mice that I have ever used so far. It feels right in my hand and it is extremely energy efficient (about 1 year of battery life of nearly 24-7 usage, w00t!)

lee , where did tha blood come from?

:p

:^

(11-15-2010, 04:12 AM)chooksta Wrote: lee , where did tha blood come from?

:p

:^

Good question. Probably busted open a scab or something while I was playing UT99 and didn't realize it until I made a mess. I accidentally killed the keyboard I was using at the time when I was cleaning it off. The mouse got thrown out after one of the sensors broke.

I use a Roccat Kone or Logitech MX518 / Mionix Naos 5000 G
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Logitech MX518 now for me I think..had MX510 before, never tried anything different since I bought logitech MXxxx, the best! Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(11-25-2010, 07:30 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Logitech MX518 now for me I think..had MX510 before, never tried anything different since I bought logitech MXxxx, the best! Smile
You can't be a noob when using MX518 Big Grin

(11-25-2010, 01:33 AM)BARTUC Wrote: I use a Roccat Kone or Logitech MX518 / Mionix Naos 5000 G

Used to have an MX518. Didn't really like it as much as the ball mouse I had before it and ended up giving it away to my cousin when I got my Lachesis (which I scored for $40 on ebay new). I think it had something to do with it being a palm mouse or being too smooth and not twitchy like I'm used to that made me look for another mouse.

Logitech SBF-96 here...
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

(11-26-2010, 03:06 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Used to have an MX518. Didn't really like it as much as the ball mouse I had before it and ended up giving it away to my cousin when I got my Lachesis (which I scored for $40 on ebay new). I think it had something to do with it being a palm mouse or being too smooth and not twitchy like I'm used to that made me look for another mouse.

Are you talking about the Roccat ???

(11-27-2010, 08:29 AM)BARTUC Wrote:
(11-26-2010, 03:06 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Used to have an MX518. Didn't really like it as much as the ball mouse I had before it and ended up giving it away to my cousin when I got my Lachesis (which I scored for $40 on ebay new). I think it had something to do with it being a palm mouse or being too smooth and not twitchy like I'm used to that made me look for another mouse.

Are you talking about the Roccat ???

Logitech MX518, the Roccat I would have to import (actually hit up Ebay, but still). Kinda sucks because Roccat seems to be Europe's answer to Razer and if I'm correct, are going to be officially supporting Linux.

Here's the article about them supporting Linux.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...&px=ODY1Mw

(11-27-2010, 11:58 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Logitech MX518, the Roccat I would have to import (actually hit up Ebay, but still). Kinda sucks because Roccat seems to be Europe's answer to Razer and if I'm correct, are going to be officially supporting Linux.

Here's the article about them supporting Linux.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...&px=ODY1Mw

Ah ok sorry Smile, I was thinking you was talking about the Roccat
Btw Roccat is a good response to Razer and i personally like the Roccat ( kone and kova ) instead the Razer ( lachesis for example ) ... very good tecnology both ways.

[Image: microsoft-sidewinder-mouse.jpg][Image: mssidewindergm3.jpg]
quite good not to small xD
not to big...

The sidewinder is a great mouse too Big Grin ... love it

That thing looks like the Hand of Nod.

[Image: nodbarracks.jpg]
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Dunno if this is concidered digging but I hope not.

I'm using Razer DeathAdder Respawn Edition (3500DPI).
It is hell of a mouse, probably the best Mouse out there atm. if you are a low-sens player. Got mine little bit cheaper than it would normally cost (got it for 50€ normal price at Saturn and Media Markt is about 60€). Before i had a Razer DeathAdder with 1800DPI it was awsome aswell.

If someone is searching something similar with less price, I suggest Microsoft IE 3.0 (about 35€), but it is a little bit less suited for low-sens (it hits it's critical speed at 1,0m/s where the DeathAdder goes up to 4,4m/s, but you can tweak it for 1000Hz mode where it can make 1,5Hz this is enough for most players, unless you are using a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery low-sens).

Other alternatives are:

SteelSeries Xai/Kinzu
Microsoft WMO 1.1a
Logitech MX518
Logitech G5

Peace

(08-23-2010, 11:33 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: Razer Diamondback as i am left handed. I quite like it but would prefer something cheaper when it bites the dust.

I have a Diamondback too and now and then i use the Razer Orochi, its also dual-hand usable, its a tad smaller then usual mice but a tad bigger then laptop-mice and it can be used WITH and WITHOUT cable (bluetooth) so its the perfect match for my alienware m11x laptop Wink
[Image: Razer-Orochi.jpg]
Real signature is still in production!

Photo 
I have Mionix 5000. IMHO it's the best if you are right handed and have a palm grip.

Razer copperhead. It gotz lasers and stuff
Why always the fighting?
*clack*

Gigabyte GM-M6880. Comfort and quality for only $20.

Attached Files
.jpg   MSGIGAGM-M6880-1.jpg (Size: 31.11 KB / Downloads: 90)
[Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: contentteller.php?ct=news&action=file&id=106]

Best mouse evah! Smile
[Image: IUBFH.png]

Contact me on irc channel:
#Dietunichtguten @Quakenet

A beat up razer copperhead. it died and i revived it countless times xD Fits my clawgrip well and its usable with both hands.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your Hotkey/HUD Configuration Mirio 119 171,222 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
  Ace of Thumbs Script for Mouse Wheel Instagib Sniping Peach 2 2,160 07-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Cupatru
  Using Mouse Acceleration JoeMaro 4 7,166 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Last Post: JoeMaro
  Capturing your favorite Xonotic moments Antibody 10 9,478 09-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Make your own crosshairs a la Cortez666 Soelen 15 17,792 01-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo