Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

Indeed, this looks great! But maybe the red elements should be a little more orange so that it fits to the logo. And will there be a filter for the ranking list that it´ll show your position beside other players (if you´re not in the top 10)?

[Image: yui00iu1ha0dclpx2o2_thumb.jpg]
WIP, hope soon Smile

Breaking the silence, as always...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

mr cubeowl , i would like to say this is the most popular forum nerd thingo ever and deserves two wings up from me

yay!

good on ya mate !

t

:^

also unfar , heheheh , u rock man! Big Grin

To finish it i have to learn how to make a better textured backgroud, add more eyecandy details and play with the light. I'am learning to use blender and I created some very good scenery but still have problem to export as obj with mtl files.
I have a lots stuff to learn, mapping, gimp for texturing, blender, coding...
It needs time :-) Enjoy those screenshots.

[Image: tOWFoZA]
[Image: tOWFoZQ]
[Image: tOWFoZw]
[Image: tOWFoaA]

Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

Code:
r_letterbox 1

This reminds me a bit of a Mentalspace+Dismal mix.

Nice work Leelo, keep it up Smile

Looks awesome Antibody and [-z-]!

Nice job as well Leeloo Big Grin. One thing that you could improve on is the texturing. It looks like you are using a lot of patches which can be tricky to texture but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you can open up the patch surface inspector. Natural and axial would be two useful ones for that map

(07-01-2011, 11:28 AM)Revenant Wrote: ... but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you ...

thats correct Smile
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(07-01-2011, 11:28 AM)Revenant Wrote: Looks awesome Antibody and [-z-]!

Nice job as well Leeloo Big Grin. One thing that you could improve on is the texturing. It looks like you are using a lot of patches which can be tricky to texture but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you can open up the patch surface inspector. Natural and axial would be two useful ones for that map

I worked on it yesterday and it was a pain to fit texture brushes and textures patches. i got good results. I tried CTRL-SHIFT+s but it does anything but i used "s" that is the patch and brush texture inspector may be this is the same thing.
(07-01-2011, 10:15 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

Code:
r_letterbox 1

This reminds me a bit of a Mentalspace+Dismal mix.

Thank you, it was what I was looking for.
The map is a remake of an old custom map for Q3A made by someone called Stei. I thanks this guy for the idea of that map. It was cool to play it and it is more cool with xonotc 'cause the better fly aircontrol.

Wow, nice design, Leeloo! Keep it up, it's gotta be a nice map to play Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

If the patch and brush texture windows are combined into one now, then yes that is the same. Im probably thinking about an older version or something

(06-30-2011, 05:04 PM)Nestel Wrote: [Image: yui00iu1ha0dclpx2o2_thumb.jpg]
WIP, hope soon Smile

Confused I just hope if there's a ctf version, it will be balanced this time around Tongue
bye / bad luck and have boredom

I built something in the Radiant this afternoon:
[Image: heavymetal1m.png]
I´m going to make a Xonotic-version of my Nexuiz-map which you can see in my introduction-thread.

What do you think about it?

Looks good so far, keep it up Smile

I like it so far too, yes Smile

(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: I have a lots stuff to learn, mapping, gimp for texturing, blender, coding...
It needs time :-) Enjoy those screenshots.
Well you can join us on #project-fabmap at quakenet if you need help, we are specialized working with blender for nexuiz / xonotic, also knowing how to export as obj files heh

thanks to qbit who found out how.
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

(07-02-2011, 06:45 PM)Squigger Wrote: Looks good so far, keep it up Smile
Will do. Smile

upgrading techassault.

[Image: roz7jsxw9fu4etibdido_thumb.jpg][Image: dqycjau4wzren5ou5ljz_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice! TechAssault always looked too simple and detail-lacking for me. Thanks Smile

Looks good, but I wonder about those green and red screens in the first picture. You should be careful with mixing colours, contrasts CAN be good but it often can be a flop. Green and red don´t fit very good, I think you should use different hues of red. Furthermore the screens need some content: like a map of a planet, some writings and so on. I hope this constructive criticism helps you.Wink

And I can recognise those green screens too Tongue Anyway, good job.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

why not, this is where they broadcast the weather Tongue

(07-05-2011, 02:13 AM)Maddin Wrote: Furthermore the screens need some content: like a map of a planet, some writings and so on. I hope this constructive criticism helps you.Wink

Im no textureartist but if some is able/willing to do it i will add it.

(07-05-2011, 02:23 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: And I can recognise those green screens too Tongue

It was late at night and i just want to get it finished. Smile

I am able to make such textures but I have too many other things to do at the moment, sorry.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,093 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,291 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe