Create an account

Poll: Include map in initial Xonotic release?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
87.80%
36 87.80%
No
12.20%
5 12.20%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CTF] Dance

(06-04-2010, 11:55 PM)FruitieX Wrote:
(06-04-2010, 12:10 AM)GT_Gene Wrote: And swinging with hooks under the map, what is more annoying?

Why do we even have a hook? Because it's fun to break CTF even more? Tongue Nope, no idea.

Don't play on servers that has the hook enabled. Besides, the kill trigger is quite high up (many hook fans already complained, guess I'll lower it for those who *really* want it). Just don't play on those servers.

Off hand grapple hook + CTF = CRAZY
CRAZY = Awesome, just be careful you don't play too much or you'll find yourself exhausted. The most exhausted I've ever gotten in-game was off-hand grapple hook CTF in 2.4.2. Two or three hours of that and you'll need a nap.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(06-01-2010, 05:25 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: I definitely like the new look. My only problem is the red and blue color. Either there is too much of it making it kinda boring or it seems too bright.

Fixed in latest git. No screens yet, didn't have time to compile :/
Hoping it looks as good in game as it does in radiant Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(06-07-2010, 04:35 PM)-z- Wrote: I hope you added the logo Wink

The.... logo? :o

Xonotic logo. Discourage map plagarism today!
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Should this new level still be called "Dance"? The re-texturing has eliminated the one part of the original that tied it together with that name.

(06-24-2010, 12:24 AM)accident Wrote: Should this new level still be called "Dance"? The re-texturing has eliminated the one part of the original that tied it together with that name.

Considering what I think is in progress:

(05-30-2010, 12:45 AM)FruitieX Wrote: Oil rig at night would be awesome :o
First screen is exactly what I'd want in that case Smile

I think the name will change.

(06-24-2010, 12:24 AM)accident Wrote: Should this new level still be called "Dance"? The re-texturing has eliminated the one part of the original that tied it together with that name.
Which part is this? Moreover, how are any names connected to the maps? Downer? Stormkeep? Space elevator? Soylent? Egg and bacon? Imogen?

(06-24-2010, 01:57 AM)tankmiche Wrote: Considering what I think is in progress:

I don't understand how the quote proves that the name will change...
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I think the name "Dance" refers to the wooden floor, that I guess you can see as a dance floor, but I could be wrong Wink

(06-24-2010, 03:03 PM)nifrek Wrote: I think the name "Dance" refers to the wooden floor, that I guess you can see as a dance floor, but I could be wrong Wink

Exactly.

The level has the name "Dance" and it has a surface that looks like a hardwood, sprung dance floor. If that wasn't intentional, it's a hell of a coincidence. All that's missing is tap shoes for the players.

Now, if someone were to make a level with a mirror ball in it and name it "Disco"...

(06-24-2010, 01:13 PM)Roanoke Wrote:
(06-24-2010, 01:57 AM)tankmiche Wrote: Considering what I think is in progress:

I don't understand how the quote proves that the name will change...

It's no proof, sorry for the lack of explanation: it is an opinion and a suggestion.
If the map is being changed to look like an oil rig on an asteroid I think the name should change to reflect its new setting, as I understand it's a pretty new idea.

But well, the decision is FruitieX's and I haven't thought of a name, of course...

The oil rig at night is a separate project, I think.

(06-25-2010, 11:00 AM)Roanoke Wrote: The oil rig at night is a separate project, I think.

Oh, if that's the case nevermind!
I thought the map was undergoing a major remake...

Will the remake have the same ambient music as the original dance?
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Play it and find out Tongue

(06-26-2010, 09:10 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: Will the remake have the same ambient music as the original dance?

Everything is of course still open, and if that ambient music is GPL, why not.
Someone send me the sources and the song itself if it indeed is GPL, and I'll check it out. :p

Someone just pointed out to me the latest screenshots of this dance remake.
Most of it looks great, except 2 things...

I'm not sure why the boxes in the flag area were added. Is it to make flag grabbing more difficult? It seems like they may make defending more difficult because you'll bump into those constantly as you're trying to defend. It already gets a little cramped in that area with more than 2 players fighting.

The biggest point I have is that the outer edge around the map was turned into a full pathway, seen here...
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/29xg...nqk1s4.jpg

I think that is something that may dramatically affect gameplay on this map. The outer edge of the map was purposefully made (I think) to be dangerous and slow to traverse. If that edge is turned into a full pathway, then that is where most people will end up traveling on the map. The current (old) version of Dance has basically 2 fast paths (middle pathway and upper dance floor) and 2 slow and dangerous paths (around the edges of the map). The changes made now result in 4 fast paths.

Maybe I'm wrong. It needs testing to make sure, but that immediately stood out to me as a flaw.

You have a point, however, attacking from those paths is the worst idea ever - it's like fish in a barrel. You have little room to maneuver, so your angular momentum can never be too large, so if defense isn't sleeping on the job it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I like the boxes to be honest, makes it more interesting and there is enough room to fight, should make capping the flag in team-games require a little more teamwork on publics, or some good solo skill.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Oh definitely won't affect capping, the boxes are set to the side of the void, so unless someone has a strategy to cap by jumping in the void, boxes will not affect capping. They are there for decoration, as long as one jump can surmount them, whatever.

Indeed, map is nice, I have to be honest and say i've never played it hardly so can't comment on item layout like ammo boxes, but nothing screams WRONG from when I played it
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,656 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,496 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario