Create an account

Poll: Would you like to be able to change your vote?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.82%
9 81.82%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Ability to change votes in game

This sub-forum is for suggestions, right? Well this is a suggestion. I understand that there are more pressing matters that need to be attended to at the moment but that doesn't mean that other things should be left undiscussed. We can still talk about it and the developers will take care of it when they can/want to.

Sorry, but implementing this is just modifying one character (not one line, one character) from "0" to "1". It's so easy, a caveman could do it. We've spent longer talking than it would take to press backspace and hit the "1" key.

(03-29-2010, 05:24 PM)Erusavion Wrote: This sub-forum is for suggestions, right? Well this is a suggestion. I understand that there are more pressing matters that need to be attended to at the moment but that doesn't mean that other things should be left undiscussed. We can still talk about it and the developers will take care of it when they can/want to.

Sorry, didn't mean to be aggressive. I just voiced my opinion. Smile

(03-29-2010, 06:22 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Sorry, but implementing this is just modifying one character (not one line, one character) from "0" to "1". It's so easy, a caveman could do it. We've spent longer talking than it would take to press backspace and hit the "1" key.

Not only.. as i said one would also have to check first if such a chance would allow bad effects like spamming. If so one would have to find a way around that. If not, then ofc the change itself is easy.
Real signature is still in production!

Didn't we already say that this is in the code anyway? The server just has to activate it? So what's the big deal? =P

I really thought i was kinda clear enough.. I'm not sure if one can misuse that option to SPAM (iirc the server displays a message to all players when someone gave a vote).. so if one has checked that this is NOT true (maybe i'm just remember something the wrong way) OR writes some code to prevent misuse THEN it can be enabled without problem..

I wasn't replying to you esteel. I was just saying that it's not a big deal to implement.

Yeah, but someone needs time and do it Smile

I just checked, it doesn't seem like the server tells people who voted what, unless this is an git feature.

What? We're not talking about the server telling people who voted what, we're saying that it should allow people to change their vote.

(03-31-2010, 10:18 AM)Erusavion Wrote: What? We're not talking about the server telling people who voted what, we're saying that it should allow people to change their vote.

(03-30-2010, 10:57 AM)esteel Wrote: I'm not sure if one can misuse that option to SPAM (iirc the server displays a message to all players when someone gave a vote).. so if one has checked that this is NOT true (maybe i'm just remember something the wrong way) OR writes some code to prevent misuse THEN it can be enabled without problem..

Unless vote notification is a git feature, modifying one character is all it's going to take to make votes changeable.

Oh, I didn't really understand your post. Now it makes more sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Change HUD for 0.8 machine! 6 7,015 01-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Change the clockwatch position/look raffi98 5 6,126 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Last Post: sev
  [SUGGESTION] Change x86 march flag to "pentium3" edh 17 20,562 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to adjust the size of the flares in the Low settings Shadowman84 2 4,304 02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,337 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [SUGGESTION] Console during map-change -Lo- 27 25,627 06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: XV22
  [SUGGESTION] A suggestion regarding the pants-to-glow change MirceaKitsune 0 3,309 03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune