Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sound Designer offoring small services

hello,
I am a sound designer, with more then a few commercial projects completed. most of my work has been focused on instrument recreation, and melodic synth sounds.
here are a few examples:

Tetris:
this is a cover of the tetris theme I did to display a heavily detuned supersaw sound patch I made with sytrus (it also shows off an 8 bit nes style preset i did, but that one is not so complex): http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8977371

Harmless:
this is a set of audio examples from a soundbank I made for Image-line's harmless VST plugin. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8977397

my more recent (trance only) music (if interested) can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/bulmanchris

I have not set up a page for the other genres I do.
please note, I do not update my soundclick page very often. most of the stuff on there is very out of date, and was only uploaded to pass an idea or two off to a friend.

I have in the works, my own virtual guitar amplifier, which comes in vst and standard EXE format. I am developing it myself. early early (with a half assed GUI) versions of it were released here: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/forums/vi...hp?id=7688
and some very talented guitarists were kind enough to create some audio demonstrations for it.
I am here to offor some services, audio wise, should you guys need it. I cant promise anything right off the bat (because I dont know exactly what kind of sounds and/or music would be needed), but I can offor some effort and friendlyness.

If you want to know what is needed best get on irc and talk to the lead dev's.

you myspace songs are shick! Anything close to theme would fit the game perfectly! I'm sure your skills will be very well received! Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Seems like you jumped right in and didn't read anything...there is a music related thread here. No need to post a new thread. And that virtual amp you do doesn't have anything to do with this. Seems like you trying to promote your stuff here which makes a bad impression (at least on me)

(04-05-2010, 04:27 AM)Andrey Wrote: Seems like you jumped right in and didn't read anything...there is a music related thread here. No need to post a new thread. And that virtual amp you do doesn't have anything to do with this. Seems like you trying to promote your stuff here which makes a bad impression (at least on me)

Andrey, aren't you jumping to conclusions?
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

We might need some sounds for weapons, if some of them will be changed.

(04-05-2010, 03:21 AM)Cuinnton Wrote: If you want to know what is needed best get on irc and talk to the lead dev's.

you myspace songs are shick! Anything close to theme would fit the game perfectly! I'm sure your skills will be very well received! Smile
thanks. I really like the idea of forking nexuiz, so I want to support as much as I can. I would have posted some of my other (more comical) song remixes, but I'm trying to figure out how to get around the legal isues (i do things like, ke$ha remixed in metal styles).
(04-05-2010, 04:27 AM)Andrey Wrote: Seems like you jumped right in and didn't read anything...there is a music related thread here. No need to post a new thread. And that virtual amp you do doesn't have anything to do with this. Seems like you trying to promote your stuff here which makes a bad impression (at least on me)
actually, the virtual amp has alot to do with this. it shows skill in audio engineering. most people do not have the ability to make such modeling systems. it is a very big plus for audio engineering.

(04-05-2010, 08:33 AM)Aleator Wrote: We might need some sounds for weapons, if some of them will be changed.
I've never actually done weapon style sounds before, but I can try (very willing to learn).

Welcome to the forum d3drocks! Good to hear that you want to contribute with the project!

In this thread we are running a discussion about the style of music for Xonotic, which is not completely defined yet but there you will find some orientation. Also please take a look at our Licensing / Legal page with our requirements for accepting music contributions. Just ask if you have any doubts.

I hope we can work together in the making of some tunes for this game Smile

(04-06-2010, 10:57 AM)mand1nga Wrote: Welcome to the forum d3drocks! Good to hear that you want to contribute with the project!

In this thread we are running a discussion about the style of music for Xonotic, which is not completely defined yet but there you will find some orientation. Also please take a look at our Licensing / Legal page with our requirements for accepting music contributions. Just ask if you have any doubts.

I hope we can work together in the making of some tunes for this game Smile

hey. I am completely OK with the GPL, its just that alot of samples I have are licensed under restrictive terms. I have found ways around this, but it means individual samples cannot be put in the project sources. they must be rendered as a track.
when it comes to sound effects such as gunshots or what not should I decide to contribute them, they will be created from scratch.

EDIT: oh yes, in case people were wondering for collab purposes. the audio tools I use are:
Pro-tools 8
Cubase 5
FL-Studio 9 XXL (some of my synth presets ship stock with FL actually)
Melodyne Editor
Stephen Slate drums
Miroslav Philiharmonik orchestra
Line-6 pod-x3
various other vsts, keyboards, and guitars...

Okay, in the meantime I'll try to set up a database with GPL compatible soundbanks just to make things easier for you and other contributors.

About the sound effects, please go ahead. You can use this forum discussion and wiki page as a reference for the desired artistic style, which is still being developed.

If you need anything just ask.

Thanks a lot, we will be looking forward to this.

(04-06-2010, 04:01 PM)mand1nga Wrote: Okay, in the meantime I'll try to set up a database with GPL compatible soundbanks just to make things easier for you and other contributors.

About the sound effects, please go ahead. You can use this forum discussion and wiki page as a reference for the desired artistic style, which is still being developed.

If you need anything just ask.

Thanks a lot, we will be looking forward to this.
no problem. every now and then I release creative commons licensed samplepacks and .rex loops, for resume purposes. I will be sure to drop links to them around these forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lava Sound Ch4mp 5 5,263 06-11-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Beagle
  Sound packs weapons and items Beagle 5 6,039 05-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Music Music and Sound forum section discussion unfa 19 27,583 07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Powerup sound lasting through respawns unfa 5 6,830 07-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Music Different ambient Noises (sound loops) unfa 0 3,000 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: unfa
Music 4 wind ambient sound loops for Xonotic unfa 0 3,004 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Music Another portion of Forcefield sound loops. unfa 1 3,966 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Wink Extra sound effects for notable frags/games unfa 0 3,253 12-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Music Got a sound for plasma artilerry :D unfa 7 8,361 10-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Music Some new ambient sound porepositions. unfa 1 3,580 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: s1lence