Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

Hello everyone,

For those of you who aren't on IRC almost every day like I am, I'd like to start a thread about the new things I've added to stats recently. I'll start with the most recent change!

My most recent change is the accuracy graph on the player info page (stats.xonotic.org/player/<id>). It shows a player's average accuracy for a given weapon along with the accuracy for that weapon for up to the past 20 games. It works in FF and Chrome, though I prefer how it looks in FF better. Here is what it looks like:

[Image: accuracy_selector_01.jpg]

This graph replaces what was once a big table of numbers containing the accuracy and damage details. After receiving feedback about how most of the information in that table is never really used effectively, I made this user-selectable graph. If you click a different weapon than the one that is highlighted, the graph will update (hopefully) seamlessly.

One thing to note is that a weapon won't show up under the graph until you've used it five or more times in the past 90 days. I do this to keep the stats area tidy and relevant and the graph clean.

This is still a feature in progress - I still have much planned for it. I will be putting labels on the graph and "hover" information so you can see which games created the particular data points.

I hope you all enjoy!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

That looks suspiciously like my graph!

Good work good news Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Very cool feature! Well done! Smile

Neat! Though you should reverse the X axis order and start with 1 (so its 20, 19,..., 2, 1 past game - as in 1st past game, second past game etc...). It took me a while to figure out what was on that axis before I read your post.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

I'd actually like to get rid of those bottom labels entirely, as I don't think they are intuitive with either ordering. The graph just shows the past 20 games where you've used the specified weapon. So theoretically you could have a series of games (which I'll just start from 1 to illustrate) like this:

Code:
[(1, used MG), (2, did not use MG), (3, used MG), (4, used MG), (5, did not use MG) ... (20, used MG)]

In games 2 and 5 you didn't use the machine gun, so those are omitted from the graph altogether.

So what I'd like to have is "hovers" or tool-tips over the data points showing you the details of the data point in question. I haven't figured that out correctly yet.

I also would like to mention that the data behind the accuracy graph is also available for your perusal, albeit in JSON format. For people wanting this, navigate to the following URL, substituting <player_id> for your player ID: http://stats.xonotic.org/player/<player_id>/accuracy.

By default this URL shows nex accuracy for the past 20 games in which you've used the nex. There are other parameters as well:

Quote:weapon = which weapon to display accuracy for. Valid values are 'nex', 'shotgun', 'uzi', 'rifle', and 'minstanex'.
games = over how many games to display accuracy. Can be up to 50.

...so to see, for example, your minstanex accuracy for the past 30 games, you can visit:

Quote:http://stats.xonotic.org/player/<player_...x&games=30

Have fun!

This looks very nice! Well done, Antibody!

When you come to think about it, this entire system is a masterpiece. It can track a player and collect all important information without forcing the player to make an account. I have not seen any other game do it this way.

Thanks Blush

Stats get me wet in a special way, so xonstats is really neat for me. Especially ELO and player skill ratings. I'd love a plugin for duel servers that displayed you and your opponents ELO and showed gains/losses after a duel was played. Perhaps I could craft it myself when I'm not so busy with finals and have time to learn QC. :>

You can't do "plugins" with QC, on the other hand rcon2irc has detachable modules and seems suited for this task, too. It's written in Perl, perhaps you know the language already?

In any case I'm not sure what data would be needed to compute ranking changes. The XonStat server does not recompute ELO after every match. I'm not sure how Antibody feels about servers consistently making several API calls at the end of each match to query every player present, either? Perhaps extending XonStat itself could be the most elegant/light way to provide ranking estimates that way.

XonStat actually does compute Elo after every match. What it doesn't do is compute ranks after every match. Ranking is done in the morning time - 8 AM Netherlands time, to be exact Big Grin.

To get point increase/decrease notifications I've considered adding an "elo delta" field to the game stats table in the database. This field would contain the positive and negative Elo values for each player, for each game (each player already has a game stats row for each of their games). This would allow me to display Elo change on the website on the game detail page.

As far as showing this in-game, divverent and I have talked about creating a very simple API for xonotic to query player data. This would get us a lot of things like match-making and team-rebalancing, but Elo change could be something else provided. This type of integration isn't to be taken lightly, though, and I think we'll need a good amount of design around it. That means this type of integration is a ways off. Website integration is doable in a shorter timeframe, but I don't have any estimates of when I'll get to it.

Hello everyone! I was busy this morning adding lots of goodies to the recently-introduced accuracy graph. Check out the changes!

Old and busted:

[Image: 0505_accuracy_before.png]

New hotness:

[Image: 0505_accuracy_after.png]

Enjoy your goodies!

Idea: At any point along the average bar it should show the average percentage -- Right now, there's no way to explicitly see the exact average on the graph (other than estimating it based on its position).

Other than that, show more weapons... and... yeah, that's all. Big Grin Fuckin amazing work Antibody Big Grin

[Image: ww0qd3be0ubou5j.gif]

Really nice Antibody, thumbs up!

Antibody

Could you add "remember me button" feature? XLR stats has one. A button on single player stats. When I would click it, I would get small cookie from you and next time I visit stats, I get shortcut to my stats page:

[Image: 0FHjb.jpg]

Looks awesome Big Grin

An idea:

Could you not just show the accuracy, but also how much percent of someone's total shots fired was fired with what weapon. With that you can't see how someone aims, but it tells you a lot about his playing style. You can see whether someone is only using nex-mortar, just explosive weapons, a mixture of them all, or is just a machinegun whore Tongue
I would love to be able to see in the stats how someone plays.

Only what might be needed is showing how much someone's use of a weapon differs from the average.

I only guess you will get kinda strange values with overkill players Tongue

That´s right Mepper. Afaik, a Overkill shotgun fires six (or something like that) bullets. As I use the shotgun VERY often it would be my most used weapon beside Mortar and Nex.

Maybe overkill game should be filtered out. Or get an own weapon usage graph.

And another thing, which would give more info about playing style, especially in ctf, is the average shots fired per minut. This would show if someone shoots every moving thing, or is just very fast and ignores enemies. But I guess this would be hard to implement.

Wow! This feature is cool!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

There's a slight bug: the percentage tooltip that appears when you mouse over the data points is not updated when switching between the average and actual value if the points are close enough that the tooltip does not disappear.

EDIT: also, the page source has a tiny little problem:
Code:
[<a href="http://stats.xonotic.org/search"" title="Advanced search">+</a>]
The double quote has been doubled.

EDIT2: This 404's but is included? http://stats.xonotic.org/assets/css/boot...onsive.css

EDIT3: Also, you're awesome, no heavy jquery and whatnot <3

I removed the doubled double quotes and the 404-ed CSS file. The hover issue I can't fix. That looks like the way flot (the charting library I'm using) grabs hover events. Probably the radius of one hover overlaps another, but I don't really know.

Also I added hovers on both the average line as well as the accuracy line, while removing the little dots on the line itself. I found this to look a bit cleaner.

As for the "My Stats" idea: I like the idea a lot, and I'll see what I can do. Thanks to all for the constructive feedback! It makes me feel good about the things I work on for fun.

How is the CTF ranking calculated by the way?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Mr Antibody
XLR Stats can generate a signature of selected player. You can paste it everywhere. GREAT WAY to promote game by users - you can use it as signature on forums and so on.

More here:
http://gs2.snt.utwente.nl/xlr/xlrstatsde...1&config=1

Click "generate signature" button.

I found a bug...
If there are <20 games played the graph shows the x axis incorrectly (starting at 20 and ending at somewhere between 1 and 20 depending on how many games there were). Check this out on any fresh players page. Other than that its great! ;-D
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,028 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,741 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody