Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samual's Personal Development Roadmap

I can't help but think of Star Wars every time I hear Blaster XD. Perhaps "Pulse" instead. And Shockwave is decent, but would get shortened to "Shock" anyways, so we could just call it that.

Shotgun could always go to scattergun, scatterblaster or scattershot.
Rocket - Airburst?
Laser should probably go to pulse.

I still don't understand how stealing names from other games/movies will make Xonotic any better.

Nice plan, Samual.
But additionally, I think it's better to plan them with (rough) time scheduling.
The time makes not only you but other developers to develop more efficiently.

So, you're going to remove the machine gun, and add the lightning gun?
Will the lightning gun be a weapon like the quake 3 lightning gun?
If so, than why remove the machine gun? Quake Live has both the chaingun AND loghtning gun. unreal tournament has both the link gun secondary AND a minigun. also, could you please explain what you have planned as the crylink secondary? I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to do.

Machine gun is perfect for killing Raptors. Takes a while to kill but its fun as hell especially when the raptor pilot thinks they have destroyed your tank and you jump out and tommy gun them to death.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Crylink secondary is brilliant as it is.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

If you remove Machine Gun vehicle guys will be pissed.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

With all due respect, look at all the fucks I give for vehicle gameplay right now. Vehicles REALLY need re-implemented and re-designed, and I cannot have that on my plate right now, so I do not care about it in the slightest. I will deal with that after 1.0, possibly as a goal for 2.0.

Now, I'm removing the Machine Gun because it WILL be redundant in usage with the Arc. Yes, that means the Arc will behave similar to the Machine Gun. No, it will not be like the Quake 3 Lightning Gun. Xonotic balance is not like Quake 3 balance, it is not like Unreal Tournament balance, it is a different approach to weapon design. As for what I have planned for Crylink secondary, it will be used for movement (specifically speed boosting). You'll see soon enough more details about that.

(08-10-2013, 07:38 PM)Samual Wrote: With all due respect, look at all the fucks I give for vehicle gameplay right now.

Hey its your game do as you wish but removing the MG will hurt the current vehicle game play and the player base is big enough on the vehicle servers that it shouldn't be ignored. Untill you have played it you don't realise how good the MG is in vehicle gameplay when it come to the Raptor. Remove it and players with Raptors will dominate.

So what happens to Overkill MG?

They adapt, I suppose.

(08-10-2013, 07:38 PM)Samual Wrote: With all due respect, look at all the fucks I give for vehicle gameplay right now. Vehicles REALLY need re-implemented and re-designed, and I cannot have that on my plate right now, so I do not care about it in the slightest. I will deal with that after 1.0, possibly as a goal for 2.0.

Now, I'm removing the Machine Gun because it WILL be redundant in usage with the Arc. Yes, that means the Arc will behave similar to the Machine Gun. No, it will not be like the Quake 3 Lightning Gun. Xonotic balance is not like Quake 3 balance, it is not like Unreal Tournament balance, it is a different approach to weapon design. As for what I have planned for Crylink secondary, it will be used for movement (specifically speed boosting). You'll see soon enough more details about that.

Fair enough, the machine gun probably is the least interesting weapon in the game anyways. Do what you wanna do, it's your game, do what you think is best for it. Personally I don't care for vehicles at all xD. It's nice to hear the crylink secondary will get changed, because I never really saw a good use for it. The primary is way easier to use and gives about the same results.

You can use current Crylink secondary for "Crylink running", which is a very cool movement trick that machine showed me who learned it from speccing thimoshia I think. I was planning to implement this on the upcoming update of the Newbie Corners (currently stalled due to vacation/broken PC). Crylink running is indeed very awesome.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

How does that work? You shoot it in front of yourself?

(08-14-2013, 02:55 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: How does that work? You shoot it in front of yourself?

Yes you shoot the ground in front of your feet for example.

Needs rocket flying..sigh
[Image: 227.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic port/reboot in Godot - roadmap ballerburg9005 47 7,875 10-19-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Xonotic vs Quake 3 development comparison LegendGuard 4 4,252 09-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
Exclamation Xonotic Roadmap cushinga 2 1,018 03-18-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: cushinga
  What was easy for you in development? (Darkplaces and QuakeC programming) LegendGuard 2 2,608 08-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  development and life cycle of a game community BuddyFriendGuy 9 10,728 04-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Exclamation Development Infrastructure Update divVerent 16 22,862 12-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  The fate of Xonotic development MirceaKitsune 35 34,161 09-26-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Xonotic Game Engine, Mapping, Development - General Developer Questions p14r 6 10,218 08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: p14r
  q3map2 issues/development vulture 18 26,630 03-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Garux
  Limiting factors in Xonotic development & solutions MirceaKitsune 15 14,461 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Last Post: poVoq