Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and Goodbye

Now that it's time for me to leave, I've just noticed I never made a post to introduce myself, so before I say goodbye...
Hello! It's-a Me, Mario!

I'm not much of a forum dweller, so most of you may not know me here. I manage the SMB servers and am an extended member of the Xonotic development team.
My biggest contribution so far has been monsters (which will be available to mappers and servers in the next Xonotic release), along with many other smaller features and fixes.

Now for the bad news;
I'll be leaving for a trip with my family around the Mushroom Kingdom (Australia). The travels are expected to last for at least 6 months, after which we'll either be settling down or continuing travels for another 1 1/2 years.

Administration of the SMB servers will be handed over to Floxy, who has proven to be a trustworthy and reliable player.
The servers will stay up to date, thanks to the generous Melanosuchus, who has helped implement many great and fun features into the game.

Until next time, everybody, and don't forget...

[Image: 230.png]

Good bye, and gl hf traveling! Smile

Good luck / have fun and make good choices! Big Grin
<3

Goodbye and thanks for all the work you put in!

Goodbye and have fun.

Danm. See you.

Enjoy your journey ! Big Grin

See you in some months o/

Thank you for all you did for Xonotic, hope to see you again in a couple of months/years! Enjoy your travels, sounds promising to me :oD
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

If you really cared you'd get satellite internet to keep in touch You got all flat land with no signal obstructions and one big rock. Big Grin Tongue
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You'll be missed! I had great hopes for your contributions to the project. But real life takes the priority. Good luck on your endeavors, and let us know how it goes!

I'm-a Back!

Travels went very well, through deserts and tropical coasts, then back again (we ended up setting up camp only a day's drive from where we used to live).
Home is now a nice little community called Ponyland (which doesn't actually have any real live ponies).

Lots of fun was had; sitting in cars, trekking with camels across the red sand dunes, sitting in cars again, swimming in naturally heated springs, finding out half the country has been fracked...

It's good to be back, I currently have a MacBook for basic development, and will have my main machine within a week.
In the meantime, I've been updating my methods to fit with GitLab & preparing some new features (spoiler: board games).
Hoping to be able to get the game ready for release ASAP with the lightning gun and everything.

It had to be said.
[Image: 230.png]

OMG awesome! Welcome back!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(11-04-2014, 02:27 AM)Mario Wrote: I'm-a Back!

Travels went very well, through deserts and tropical coasts, then back again (we ended up setting up camp only a day's drive from where we used to live).
Home is now a nice little community called Ponyland (which doesn't actually have any real live ponies).

Lots of fun was had; sitting in cars, trekking with camels across the red sand dunes, sitting in cars again, swimming in naturally heated springs, finding out half the country has been fracked...

It's good to be back, I currently have a MacBook for basic development, and will have my main machine within a week.
In the meantime, I've been updating my methods to fit with GitLab & preparing some new features (spoiler: board games).
Hoping to be able to get the game ready for release ASAP with the lightning gun and everything.

It had to be said.

Make sure you smoke some alligator skin and bone some hippie chicks.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [April fools] Goodbye SpiKe 10 3,881 04-02-2020, 04:39 AM
Last Post: FAF
  heyyo sup and hello! sab 1 1,706 03-17-2019, 03:26 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Hello and thank you. ruin 4 3,412 04-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  A quick "Goodbye" from an old friend Debugger 7 3,915 03-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Finko
  Hello to creators and players! William22 11 8,199 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Faraday
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,213 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello, Privet, Shalom and Salaam Aleikum Xonotic Community! MaXus999 7 6,814 01-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Last Post: ...
  Hello and a question VolumetricSteve 3 3,892 09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,713 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656
  <3 Xonotic and hello icenine 2 3,559 03-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m