Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Concept Futuristic rifls

.jpg   riflelong1.jpg (Size: 23.64 KB / Downloads: 275) Just showing off work and my skills at modeling.

.jpg   gun2a.jpg (Size: 19.91 KB / Downloads: 269)

.jpg   rifle5.jpg (Size: 24.27 KB / Downloads: 271)

.jpg   rifle4.jpg (Size: 21.1 KB / Downloads: 271)

Hello and welcome!
Nicely done weapons, though they look a lot like some cool water-guns Big Grin But that's ok, they are untextured.
Add more detail to them, and keep us reported how you progress!

Ps: next time please upload smaller thumbnails Wink
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(07-12-2010, 09:40 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Hello and welcome!
Nicely done weapons, though they look a lot like some cool water-guns Big Grin But that's ok, they are untextured.
Add more detail to them, and keep us reported how you progress!

Ps: next time please upload smaller thumbnails Wink

Maybe he wants to nerf the machine visually and hope that who ever is doing the weapon balance takes the hint lol.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Even smaller Thumbnails? Are you kidding me?

Anyways, welcome to the forums. Looks cool, keep it up.

Interesting work - I like your clean and futuristic style. However, they seem horizontally squashed, perhaps make them longer? Or is that just distortion of the thumbnails?

Also, it would probably benefit you to model towards a certain weapon, rather than just modeling guns. The nex has been redone, fireball is taken, which leaves about 13 weapons not yet modeled. You can see the current models for these weapons in game (nexuiz or xonotic, but nexuiz 2.5.2 lacks the TAG seeker iirc.)

I look forward to seeing your models in game.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(07-12-2010, 11:06 AM)Fisume Wrote: Even smaller Thumbnails? Are you kidding me?

Yes, even smaller, as there might be people who use mobile devices. No need to download more than needed.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

F1rst16 this is some great work. I am the art coordinator for this project. What program are you using to create these models?

I agree, very nice work and very cool thing to introduce yourself to this forum. Also agree that they do look a bit like cool water pistols, but that should be easy to fix with minor modifications and detailed textures.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-13-2010, 03:29 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: F1rst16 this is some great work. I am the art coordinator for this project. What program are you using to create these models?

I use a program called 3d blender. modeling and animation.

Ya I'm familiar with Blender. Anyways you should get on IRC, so we can talk about the models that are needed.

(#xonotic on freenode, he means, and he goes by Dib, Diabolik, and DibTop)
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Am I looking at the same models you guys are? >.>
[Image: optsig.png]

(07-14-2010, 09:31 AM)Chryyz Wrote: Am I looking at the same models you guys are? >.>
Subtextual question has subtext!

I agree, don't need even smaller thumbnails, it's already hard enough to see them. Wireless users can go use a real computer. Or make thumbnails link to large shots.

(07-13-2010, 01:58 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: Ya I'm familiar with Blender. Anyways you should get on IRC, so we can talk about the models that are needed.

Can you give me a link to were the irc is. I cant find it.

Ya sure. If you use Mozilla Firefox you can just use chatzilla, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16/ . If you're on windows, http://www.mirc.com/ or http://xchat.org/ . If you're on mac, http://colloquy.info/ . If you're on linux, http://xchat.org/ .

What OS are you running? I guess a step by step guide would make sense if you don't know what IRC is in the first place.

IRC stands for the "Internet Relay Chat". You use IRC clients (can be a browser plugin or a standalone client) to log on to a IRC network. You will find the relevant channel on the QuakeNet IRC network and/or the Freenode IRC network. For connecting there is no registration (as in creating a password protected user account) required, you just pick a username in the client and connect to the network. Basically you use the IRC client to connect to this network and then type "/join #xonotic" and hit enter - there you go.

If you have questions on this, post them here and someone will be helping you.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Here's an explanation of IRC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ&hd=1

(07-12-2010, 05:47 PM)Roanoke Wrote: ...fireball is taken...

Who is redoing this? I would love to help with that one, it's my favorite. Big Grin

Quote:07-15-2010

I think he hasn't visited the forums after this thread! Sad
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

We need to see it from 1st person perspective, just like we would see it in the game. The rear of the weapon will barely be seen, but the top/front of the weapon will be in view all the time. That is the most important part of the weapon to focus on.

(Phoenix Wright-style objection)
No, all of the weapon is important. People are going to see it from all angles when it's floating on its spawn, and also when a player is holding it and shooting at you.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

You don't get his point.
You don't see the weapon from up close very often if it's not from the 1st persion view angle, so it has to look good from that one angle. If it looks bad from this but good otherwise, then it has to be fixed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleax - a clean and futuristic texture set Maddin 7 15,758 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  Character Design - Concept Art Invunche 8 10,008 03-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Taiyo.uk
  Concept Art - LJFHutch LJFHutch 30 31,165 03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Last Post: .Danny.
  SeanJM's Concept Art Thread SeanJM 14 13,720 01-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Taiyo.uk
  [Font] Concept 5 (Don't ask about v2-4) sev 10 11,510 12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Open source 'futuristic' FONTS teams 3 4,904 09-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Last Post: naryl
  Player concept: Kage (Xonotic Ninja) soleo 5 7,482 07-02-2010, 06:05 AM