Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] View MOTD without connecting

Yesterday I asked whether it was possible to view a server's MOTD without connecting, for example directly from the server list like you can view active players.
Apparently it's not possible yet so I'm suggesting it here Smile

I really like the idea but the Devs can only summon themselves which only happens if the earth and mars are aligned in a certain way.
And if they then appear other stuff seems more important.

I think we should have a suggestion-collection-thread for when this rare celestial event happens.

what is a motd???

(04-02-2019, 02:39 PM)Snowball Wrote: what is a motd???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=motd

You would need to imitate that. The PHP content would need to tune in on port 25565 (not port 80), and return the correct reaction.

You may think that its supportive to utilize Wireshark to catch instances of the bundle information. At the point when I did that, I saw that each byte sent by the customer was a different TCP exchange. (Ugh) Seems to me you'd need to gather the information dependent on the sending IP address and port, so you can deal with simultaneous exchanges.

pcb quote

Holding the "i" key will show the MOTD again, if you have rebound it look for "server info" in Settings>Input, or the console command is +show_info
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Arc with or without overheat/cooldown Smilecythe 7 6,698 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Aim-training dummy bot (fast bunny jumping without fighting back) Ferk 2 5,387 11-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [SUGGESTION] 3rd person view blocking crosshair when looking down basaltdragon 1 4,104 07-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] [SOLVED] Machine gun view rocknroll237 6 6,066 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] Forum suggestion: View Unread Posts Aleator 5 23,118 03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Aleator