Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

More serious now:
[Image: distortion_style.jpg]

What is that jump-pad? Is it brushwork?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

It's a joke, because what I'm doing cannot be seen...
Ok, you can look at a spectrogram, but that won't let you feel the music.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

AA: Yes. Brush-work and patch-work. Im proud of it considering netradiant beeing inconvinient for modeling.

Unfa: That looks sick! Very very complicated! Is it new soundtrack by Hans Zimmer himself? Give us a sample!

JUSTIN: If can consider yourself a hero then!

unfa: That looks even more complicated then programming! How can you you mange that many images, text and bars at the same time?
EDIT: Thats lmms, right? just installed it, will try to make some noise with it!
WDIT2: one thing i certanly dont like about making music is that you cant listen to music while doing it.

(07-17-2013, 08:49 AM)aa Wrote: WDIT2: one thing i certanly dont like about making music is that you cant listen to music while doing it.

One thing I don't like about mapping/modeling is that you can't properly watch p0rn while doing it Confused

@Justin, looks great so far!

Finally, teamscores will be shown on XonStat Big Grin

[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

aa Wrote:Unfa: That looks sick! Very very complicated! Is it new soundtrack by Hans Zimmer himself? Give us a sample!

unfa: That looks even more complicated then programming! How can you you mange that many images, text and bars at the same time?
EDIT: Thats lmms, right? just installed it, will try to make some noise with it!
WDIT2: one thing i certanly dont like about making music is that you cant listen to music while doing it.

The track you see on this screenshot is here Smile

Yes, this is LMMS 0.4.14.

If you want to, you can grab LMMS's project files for some of my tracks here.
Happy noisemakin' and if you have fun with it - don't listen to critique too much Wink

Can't listen to music while making it?
Well, in some way you can and you have to Big Grin
But not to a finished product all the time - the excitment about what it's going to be when finished makes me never bored while doing it. I have a vision or I just expieriment - to me it's an adrenaline run.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

long time without posting anything
https://www.dropbox.com/s/atvfi3vswvgkt0...425-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywg6j38flz8j10...249-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a05qq6ft9lpop...316-00.jpg
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

The first screenshot reminds me in a good way of a UT99 level the way it flows. It was one of my FAVORITES for LAN games. Coming along nice!!!
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

I didn't really start this with Xonotic in mind–probably a bit high poly. You can see my meager attempts at texturing on the ammo pod–which would need to be redone anyway to accommodate team color.

Anyway, it's built as a break-barrel design bullet weapon that could theoretically be tweaked to support reload animations. The carrying handle could easily be removed to clear up the FPS view.
[Image: model_1_7_21_2013_by_nowego-d6egdx0.jpg]

Impressive, a design similar to that (or even that one if polygon count is reduced) looks as if it could serve as the fireball or maybe even a lightning gun.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Nowego4:

.png   Nowego4.png (Size: 77.61 KB / Downloads: 247)
I like this design a lot, I just feel that the part that is used to support the gun's back with one's shoulder is at a strange angle.

The last screen was the instrumental layer of the track (now it's even more complex).
And here are the vocals for the track.
I'll let you know when it's released.

This is Arodur 2.
BTW: Sorry for being offtopic, as this is not directly related to Xonotic. Unless you wanna play D'n'B songs in the game...

no you shouldnt
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

<OFF THE TOP>Cortez is secretly a Caesar of Roman Empire. A bad, bad Caesar.</OFF THE TOP>

How can you work only in top and perepective viewport, Maddin? Or you have some hotkeys to toggle them quickly? I would suggest adding textures and color differences as well as item placement before relesing first version of your map. Good luck!

The orthographic view is toggled with CTRL+TAB, didn't you know that Justin? And it can be rebinded to somthing more suitable, for example TAB.

It´s the standard layout and as aa said the view can be toggled with Ctrl+Tab, I don´t feel comfortable with two more viewports wasting my space. This is just personal preference though... as always.

I will change the textures that people have a better orientation. This is something I expected, for me it´s easy to navigate as I built the map and know my way around but others how don´t know my map will get confused. We had the same problem on my map Sunset. An interesting part here if you ask me... Wink

The item placement should work as it is now, still there is potential for improvement of course. But the issues can only be found by releasing an alpha version and let people test the gameplay.

So far, stay tuned!

(07-23-2013, 03:41 PM)Maddin Wrote: Got a bad day again Cortez?

nope, but you didnt sound really convinced. Thats why i posted it.

(07-23-2013, 12:04 PM)unfa Wrote: I like this design a lot, I just feel that the part that is used to support the gun's back with one's shoulder is at a strange angle.

It's meant to cup the forearm when being shot from the hip (hence the handle on top). Unfortunately, Xonotic doesn't support this pose very well.

(07-24-2013, 12:31 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(07-23-2013, 03:41 PM)Maddin Wrote: Got a bad day again Cortez?

nope, but you didnt sound really convinced. Thats why i posted it.

Though just saying "no" without explaining anything doesn´t help anybody. Seems like you don´t have that much knowledge of human nature. In the future explain what you mean and elaborate!

Maddin I think you should release it, it's a good architecture and layout, it just needs some polish some areas was a bit weird iirc.

It's gonna rotate (probably)
[Image: rotation.jpg]

Edit: Nice gun, Nowego4 but:
There seems to be too many things attached to it.
I know that its multitask weapon but paint roller on the top of it? (paint splashes as a secondary). Wink
The arm support looks like prosthesis. I think that's funny. Tongue
The end of the cylinder (where bullet/water/paint comes out) looks strange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,093 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,288 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe