Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

(09-11-2011, 10:06 AM)Fisume Wrote: [Image: trailer_previewtca1.png]

33% finished.

Nice work! These might have a great use in promoting Xonotic Smile

(09-14-2011, 10:58 AM)[CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] Wrote: I'm updating mentalrespaced at the moment.
So here is a screenshot of some work I already did.

You can stand on this logo and you can shoot through it.

I'm not sure if it's the best idea.
So tell me if you think it's bad.

I think it is a great idea.

Just make sure that people can tell that it is a hologram so they know that they can shoot through it.

cool picture , bro

Smile

t

:^

Is that logo on the platform with the strength?

Anyway, it looks nice! And if it is on the strength platform, it is nice to be able to shoot through it. But shooting from the other side through has to be possible too, you don't want a guy with strength on the platform killing everyone on the ground.

But it seems like you don't have any troubles making futuristic/science fiction maps. I do really look forward to rocketfly in your map!

You are able to shoot through it from both sides.

Edit: And it's on the strenght platform but I think that I will add things like that to the other platforms too.

I also added a new screenshot. It's not final/unfinished yet. Just that you can see what im going to create.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

please not mentalspace
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

O_0

That looks nice...

But don't make everything like that, it is awesome, but too much of the same awesome isn't awesome any more. If you understand what I mean.
I can't really look to how the map is made, an e is NOT and a. (For all the slow thinking people Tongue : Mepper/Mapper.)

You should have other people for mapping bussines, but I can say it is nice.

But my dear Cortez, this is NOT Mentalspace. Mentalspace hasn't got this little stairs on the high platfors. This is or the platform with the nex or the one with the rl. You crearly didn't play this map enough!

Tongue

Very good job with this map, mate. Looks like nice space map (we have only two or three space maps in Xonotic). I will be very glad and delighted if U don't put the nex in this map (You can exchange it with rifle or sth). Don't let others complaining bother You. Do Your job.
Keep it up, dude.

I know what you mean Justin but i also think the nex fits good to this map.

And releasing two versions of this map just because one weapon...?!

(09-14-2011, 02:13 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: please not mentalspace

This looks like mentalrespaced. Ew. :|
Edit: It is. T_T

(09-15-2011, 02:25 PM)Mirio Wrote:
(09-14-2011, 02:13 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: please not mentalspace

This looks like mentalrespaced. Ew. :|
Edit: It is. T_T

this doesnt make any difference.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

It does!!

Mentalrespaced is much better, that is the real rocketjumping/flying level.

So here is a new Screenshot of my work.

The red/blue base will get red/blue light, the other platforms yellow and green light.
I think it will help to orientate oneself. As an example: You want the grenade luncher. In the new mentalrespaced version you know it's on the yellow platform.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

looking good. think it look quite telytubby...ish as well.

YESS!!! Mental Space remake.

I like that map Smile Small, but looks good!

Ehm.....

On the yellow platforms, if I'm not mistaken, should be the nex and the rl. The mortar should be on the base. Which weapon did you replace for the mortar?

I in fact think the weapons were placed well, and no need to change it. Electro, hagar, and mortar on base. RL and nex on platforms, with a lot of health and armor (used for flying Big Grin)

I did not change the weapons position!

Also i did the red/green light a bit darker.

I'll post screenshots of my work every now and then so you can tell me what you don't like and what to change.

Can we have a lightsabre?
(09-01-2011, 05:03 PM)nowego4 Wrote: [Image: 3xz0km68cy6u90v6ph73_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 0mkpxj9rrs7x2x1icrv_thumb.jpg]

Need black lava too.

Slimepit revives!
[Image: slimepit1.th.jpg]
This will be the next map I build after I finished bio_labour.

Looks nice Maddin.

Maybe you should add more lamps to the ceiling.

Maybe, but I think this darkness fits good and will create a nightmarish atmosphere. Someone said it before: The engine is called DarkPlaces and we are building bright and happy looking maps, strange isn´t it? So that´s the reason why it´s darker than other maps. Less is more!

Yes. That's true.

I think it's quite OK to make mentalrespaced bright because in my opinion it's more a funmap without atmosphere.
For maps like Slimepit you are correct I think. A mixture of bright and dark maps would be good...

Just don't try adding anything rusty to it!
By the way, do those bulged-in floor lights have light entities above them? Seems so because of glowing aura on the floor around them, which doesn't look well.

(09-17-2011, 05:32 AM)Maddin Wrote: Slimepit revives!
[Image: slimepit1.th.jpg]
This will be the next map I build after I finished bio_labour.

One of the very best maps from the previous game is going to make a return. Sweet!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,105 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,760 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe