Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

mech's would be cool, but it's up to tZork or morphed if they make it in game (unless you can, which would be cool)

btw, try and make a first person view for it as well, like a cockpit.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

A new model, built in NetRadiant and converted to obj with Q3Map2. (Thanks divVerent and C.Brutail for their help with Q3Map2!)

[Image: scaled.php?server=687&filename=nucleoxfa...res=medium]

What's that?

A fan! Doesn´t it look like one?

It definitely does, no worries Smile

Huh that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.
http://hansa-jet.de/wp-content/uploads/wogri_profil.jpg

I don't know why, but I think that montage is super fun.

How do you convert to obj w/q3map2?
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

Create a new entry in the build menu and add the following lines:
[q3map2] -meta -v -patchmeta "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -convert -format obj -shadersasbitmap "[BspFile]"
You can find the obj model in the maps folder.

Got the problem, guys! You remember last map I ve been making (circles) thaat with plants and trees? I updated today xonotic lastes version 0.5 autobuild and lost all the files from data (the only place I ve saved the map). The problem is that the map is gone now (even though There is still in recent files in Netradiant) How to get it back?

So dumb of me, but mabye there is a solution for this stupidity. Sad

CuBe0wL: I know I sent you my map some time ago (it was very buggy) but that's something at all. So if there is no solution for retreiving the map I 'd like you to send my that buggy version again (ofc if you haven't removed it so far)

You 'd be happy if you saw the version I'd been making before this terrible thing. It had almost no leaks at all Smile

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Edit: Ok, mabye the situation isn't that bad but any help'd be appreciated (put a lot of work in this shit).
Anyway: I luckily found one of the previous versions of this map. (which contains many bugs and mistakes but after all it's better then nth)

I recommend you to save your files in the user folder not the installation folder of Xonotic! Wink Anyway don´t be sad that the map is probably gone, you´ll build a lot more which aren´t used either. Tongue It´s not meant offensively, it´s just the fact that a mapper is always experimenting before releasing something. I have tons of unfinished maps which nobody, except me, has ever seen.

Ok, enough talking, back to the topic!

http://imgur.com/a/EUvI1#0

Just finished a massive batch of menu updates in the past 5 days or so, had to really crunch as fast as possible for the upcoming release... otherwise I would've done more -- but, any comments/suggestions? Any settings I missed which you guys really want?

BTW translators, guess what you get to do with a deadline of ~2 weeks? *trollface*

uhm uuh what's so different between this menu and what we had before (visually, at least)?

those gamemode icons look awesome.
Also 'Player setup' window is now much better.
Oh... And this new server info is cool too. Yey!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

All of the menus in the picture there had some cleanup/fixes done, plus new features... player setup tab is probably the biggest, and second largest changes are in the settings dialog.

Also, i'm actually not really happy with how the gametype list is right now -- the icons are great, but I really wanted to expand upon the functionality of the gametype list (show more info like team number or description about the mode)... unfortunately, I really don't have time for this right now, so it'll probably remain like that for now unless I can perhaps add some quick hacked in features before the translators get a hold of it.

Wow, those menus have been overhauled like mad. Good work.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yay, real server information. Now I can see if there's any USA players there without connecting Tongue

Also, what's with the model settings? If you turn the body fading up, will a rocket hitting one still blow up? Or are these setting for local server?

Loving it!

And sprite settings!

[Image: capture2012-01-28at23643PM.png?t=1327779480]

Imgur Gallery

Woa, looks fun!

Is it a race map?
What glas texture did you use?

Woah! That looks cool.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

its a small dm map, and i made that glass shader myself. the purpose of the existence of this map is to show it off Tongue

Imgur Gallery

Again, a new model:
[Image: scaled.php?server=69&filename=spotlight1.jpg&res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=641&filename=spotlight...res=medium]

It´s a spotlight created in NetRadiant and converted to a obj file.

I like how you're pointing out what the model is. Smile

Great job.

Very nice. It was time for some props like this Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,105 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,759 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe