Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

They would be Urban Terror maps, a few of them can be found here: http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/games/urba...aps/q3ut4/

You may also have the rest in your dlcache if you've played on there before.
[Image: 230.png]

Thanks, Mario. This seems to be a very different set of maps from those on Urban DM. The maps hosted in Urban DM had city names in them such as:

paris
honkkong
beijing
etc.

I did hunt around and found some of them here: http://maps.goreclan.net/q3ut4/

However, they rely on Urban Terror's factory textures so unless I repack them, it's not so practical to host these files for Xonotic. Besides, I am not sure about their copyright either.

The other thing that's needed is the items in these maps aren't compatible with Xonotic, so like the server I was talking about, Urban DM, I had to add this to mapinfo:
settemp_for_type all g_weaponarena most

Where is this model saved i want to use it in my own map

I like Bread Smile

I am hosting a quick 15min Tournament Free For All. I was wondering if there was some way I could join as a spectator from my Laptop and project the game status?

I will be playing in this game too, so I would need something that will work with out me holding tab or something.

Any thoughts?

In the console type:

+showscores

This will keep the scorelist on the screen. It might be hard playing with that on your screen though Smile

http://xonotic.org/tools/cacs/#0a/0/showscores
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Sorry I wasn't more clear about this.
I will have two computers, one will be hooked up to the projector, the other will be what I am gaming on.
+showscores looks like something I could use.

Is there a way I can write some kind of script to follow people randomly and every 30 seconds showscores?
Id like to give non-players some entertainment Smile

Thanks

Related question:
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/se...-mode.html

(one could probably try to get the QC code from these mods running in the darkplaces engine.)

(12-09-2010, 11:35 AM)chooksta Wrote: http://ompldr.org/vNmM4Yw/07-07-09_1645.rar , someone make my car plz thx.
ill need to drift still , ty

lol , d1 drift xonotic mod!

(google d1 drifting if ya dont know what im on about)

:^

that site does not let me download the mod. says website is offline.

(11-09-2015, 08:53 PM)RON1997 Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 11:35 AM)chooksta Wrote: http://ompldr.org/vNmM4Yw/07-07-09_1645.rar , someone make my car plz thx.
ill need to drift still , ty

lol , d1 drift xonotic mod!

(google d1 drifting if ya dont know what im on about)

:^

that site does not let me download the mod. says website is offline.

this thread is 5 years old man Tongue

I have always been inspired by the face pace of CPMA/OSP. However I found it very hard to learn the trick/strafe/bunny jumps. Even Defrag Q3 is really complex to setup and get running.
So am wondering, does Xonotic have any newbie friendly beginner tutorials to help learn bunny hopping & strafe jumping?

You can find basic information about how the mechanics of bunny hopping, strafe turning and weapon aided movement tricks work here. The benefit of strafe jumping and circle jumping is limited in Xonotic vanilla gameplay (also due to acceleration cap for strafe jumping at a certain velocity), which is why I didn't include it in the Newbie Corner. However, you'll find a nice explanation of both in Hero's strafe jumping lesson, which I happen to reference there :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(12-01-2015, 07:05 AM)Halogene Wrote: You can find basic information about how the mechanics of bunny hopping, strafe turning and weapon aided movement tricks work here. The benefit of strafe jumping and circle jumping is limited in Xonotic vanilla gameplay (also due to acceleration cap for strafe jumping at a certain velocity), which is why I didn't include it in the Newbie Corner. However, you'll find a nice explanation of both in Hero's strafe jumping lesson, which I happen to reference there :o)

Heheheheh, i remember Hero's video, i made russian subs for it Big Grin
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Thanks. That page (https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis...r#movement) is good as it lists recommended practice points on the maps: Xoylent Afterslime Stormkeep Runningman Glowplant etc.

Which map has large area or long easy routes to practice bunny hopping?
Or any strafe pad practice maps?

There should actually be some defrag-style practice maps included to help practice bunny hop & strafe jump, etc.

The game itself offers a couple of CTS (Complete the Stage) game mode maps, you can check those out (create a server, select CTS game mode, select map).

There are a couple of Defrag Servers where you can practice, too, though I can tell by own experience that many maps played there will require you to be close to proficient in order to complete them, especially with regard to circle jumping. That can be quite frustrating.

A good (stock) map to practice plain bunny hopping and strafe jumping / strafe turning could be Courtfun, you have long, wide corridors and generally a lot of space. Another good map for learning bunny hopping could be implosion, which doesn't have annoying turrets :o) Both are CTF maps. The flow of Catharsis (also CTF) is very nice as well, but you will barely be able to bunny hop in straight lines there, I'd recommend to run around Catharsis once you're feeling familiar with strafe turning.

I'm uncertain as to what you mean with strafe pad practice maps, but you can use for example space-elevator (another CTF map) for bending jump pad flights in the air, if that is what you meant.

To help you find out if you're using a good technique, you can enable the acceleration bar even outside race/CTS game modes, which shows you how much you accelerate (or decelerate). You can find it via the HUD settings if you enter the HUD Editor, double-click on the acceleration bar and set it to "enable always" or similar.
My Xonstats Profile

I like the Quake-movements (bunny hopping, etc) and fast speed.
I thought to try Xonotic and realised how easy it is to get into bunny hopping. We can just HOLD DOWN spacebar and your player will continuously jump upon touching the ground. One less action to maintain/coordinate. We can just concentrate on holding LEFT or RIGHT strafe and mouse turning.

I was bunny hopping through all the standard Xonotic maps and it feels good.

Two queries, did vanilla Quake allowed continuous jumping from HOLDING DOWN spacebar? Is this just for Xonotic?

Also, is it possible to show df_hud_cgaz in Xonotic?

Just Xonotic that has the continuous jumping.

I believe you can also set it to 'manual' also if you wish, so you have to press the jump key each time, rather than continuously hold it.

I'm not sure about the df_hud_cgaz, someone here will know though Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

It might help if you could clarify what you mean with "df_hud_cgaz", as I have no idea what it is supposed to be. Only clue I could find doing a quick research is some kind of acceleration meter that shows you how much speed you gain/loose. If you meant this, then Xonotic has it, too - at default settings you'll see it in CTS / Race mode. You can enable it for all game modes via Settings window > Game tab > HUD > HUD Editor > Physics Panel.
My Xonstats Profile

DF_HUD_CGAZ is a panel in the hud (that colourful line across the screen) that shows you which angles to turn while strafe jumping. It's not necessary in vanilla Xonotic because you can reach top strafe speed (somewhere around 900) quite easily without proper strafe jumping technique and you don't need to do that much even if you just blaster yourself to speed. For Xonotic's defrag however where there's no strafe limit, speedometer should be enough. You see from your rate of acceleration if you're turning your angles correctly, just like in any other game that has strafe jumping. I've never heard of an equivalent panel in Xonotic, but I haven't looked for one and I don't think anyone really needs it.

Here's me strafe jumping in Reflex. See those slight moments where the speedometer isn't going up? That's me throwing the angles blindly and not getting them right instantly. All these slight delays where I'm not accelerating add up time to my runs and DF_HUD_CGAZ is mostly used to get rid of those delays. It's an "aim assist" of sorts for strafe jumping angles.

Hey guys,

Just wondering on how I could get in touch with the developers folks behind Xonotic. The "Team Xonotic/Contact" link seems to be broken (page not found), so maybe there is another way? We really love the game and the way it plays, it's one of a kind. It actually has been for many years - but then, it hasn't changed much either in quite a few years. I'm quite curious to hear what the current development plans are, and if you are all set, or would like to get additional help. I'm in academics, so I wouldn't be able to do much actual work on Xonotic itself, but we have our own project, currently using Irrlicht as the 3D graphics front end, from which we could build a great collaboration, if you're interested.

Cheers,

npc239

You can contact the developers via #xonotic on freenode IRC. Check out the project's progress on gitlab (for example: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir/activity). This project isn't dead at all, but it lives from contributions people do in their spare time, which makes progress rather slow :o) This also means that if you are willing to contribute, you are most welcome. You're also free to choose what to actually improve/implement/fix (however merging to master will be subject to core team decision).
My Xonstats Profile

Hi Halogene,

Thanks for your quick reply! I'll read through the project page, we'll be in touch Smile

Cheers,

npc239

Any help on the development side would be greatly appreciated npc239.
[Image: 38443.png]

Hi,

Ive been watching youtube videos of some duel gameplay.
But those are games on maps that are NOT in the game i downloaded?

Huh Huh Huh

I have version 0.8.1 and there are no maps in there with names like Downer , Bloodrun or Aerowalk ???
I was online on some servers and downloaded all kinds of .pk3 files but didnt see one of the above.
WTH is going on here?
Why is this?

These are custom maps and don't come with the release version.
You should find them on Duel servers. Smile

Locate your config folder, if you're on Windows: user/saved games/xonotic/data

Now go to dlcache folder (that's the place all your maps are downloaded to), pick the maps you like and copy them to user/saved games/xonotic/data

Now you should see these maps on your create game menu. If you're on some other OS, do tell and wait for someone else to help you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,631 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,178 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,396 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,002 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,829 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,092 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,131 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,687 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,672 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin