Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.8.2 released!

(04-05-2017, 06:13 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 05:05 AM)Cinnamon Juice Wrote: Wait wait wait.... where's CTS (defrag) gamemode?
Maybe I did the install wrong or something but I can't see it anywhere :|

Both race modes are hidden from the menu.

g_cts 1

Cheers. How come it was hidden? Same reason as why you hid the mutators?

Servers that run the CTS gamemode also run the XDF (Xonotic DeFrag) ruleset, it is considered the standard mod.
From the menu, we can't switch to XDF for the same reason Overkill can't be shown - custom settings and configuration files need to be executed, potentially messing with the player's local config.
[Image: 230.png]

Hm, seems like bots have been improved, they are now timing megas and power-ups. Or was it just an accident?
[Image: 62200.png]

(04-06-2017, 12:38 AM)Mario Wrote: Servers that run the CTS gamemode also run the XDF (Xonotic DeFrag) ruleset, it is considered the standard mod.
From the menu, we can't switch to XDF for the same reason Overkill can't be shown - custom settings and configuration files need to be executed, potentially messing with the player's local config.
Hm. It's probably just because I'm new here, but the regular ruleset seems better than the XDF one and I'm not sure why people want to make movement more difficult instead of making the maps harder.
I dunno, I only play on the maps that Packer has posted here (tacos, dekry_gomapping, and badclimb) and they seem to work fine with the regular ruleset.

(04-06-2017, 08:06 AM)boomboom Wrote: Hm, seems like bots have been improved, they are now timing megas and power-ups. Or was it just an accident?
Yeah I've noticed this as well. Good to see. Also most maps have improvements on the waypoints (except Boil, the waypoints still seem to be broken on there)

(04-07-2017, 07:50 AM)Cinnamon Juice Wrote: ruleset seems better than the XDF one and I'm not sure why people want to make movement more difficult instead of making the maps harder.
XDF physics are difficult to learn, but there are addicting.  They also don't cap your speed like the default, so... some of these maps are impossible with the default Physics.  I'm a little unclear on what you're asking for.

(04-07-2017, 07:50 AM)Cinnamon Juice Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 12:38 AM)Mario Wrote: Servers that run the CTS gamemode also run the XDF (Xonotic DeFrag) ruleset, it is considered the standard mod.
Hm. It's probably just because I'm new here, but the regular ruleset seems better than the XDF one and I'm not sure why people want to make movement more difficult instead of making the maps harder.
I dunno, I only play on the maps that Packer has posted here (tacos, dekry_gomapping, and badclimb) and they seem to work fine with the regular ruleset.

You get more feedback on circle and strafe jump on XDF than you would on regular physics. Additionally with regular physics, if you hit ~900 qu/s or whatever the cap was, you've pretty much run out of things to do for a strafe only map once you get to that speed (stuck holding fwd because strafes don't accelerate is no fun). 
Hard maps mean more restarts before being able to improve a time, which isn't exactly everyone's idea of fun either.

(04-07-2017, 08:43 AM)-z- Wrote: XDF physics are difficult to learn, but there are addicting.  They also don't cap your speed like the default, so... some of these maps are impossible with the default Physics.  I'm a little unclear on what you're asking for.
(04-07-2017, 09:06 AM)Antares* Wrote: You get more feedback on circle and strafe jump on XDF than you would on regular physics. Additionally with regular physics, if you hit ~900 qu/s or whatever the cap was, you've pretty much run out of things to do for a strafe only map once you get to that speed (stuck holding fwd because strafes don't accelerate is no fun). 
Hard maps mean more restarts before being able to improve a time, which isn't exactly everyone's idea of fun either.

Ah ok. Is there an official XDF thread or post? (all i can find is some guy ranting about XPMA(?) and XDF confusion)
It'd be nice to get a rundown of the changes in XDF physics, and maybe reasoning behind why those changes were made.

(04-09-2017, 07:37 PM)Cinnamon Juice Wrote: It'd be nice to get a rundown of the changes in XDF physics, and maybe reasoning behind why those changes were made.
afaik, XDF is rooted in the Quake DeFRaG mod, and aims for compatibility with the maps from that mod.

If you want to see the details of the settings, check out physicsXDF.cfg

Someone else, may be better suited to talk about this than I.  These physics are difficult to learn, but have high returns for your endorphins when you hit it.  Very addicting for people with OCD, and/or masochists.

very very very big rokit launcher ))))

(04-01-2017, 01:15 PM)Antibody Wrote: On behalf of the team I'm happy to announce that Xonotic 0.8.2 is now available! No, this isn't a joke. I repeat: no, this isn't a joke. YASSSS!

The full blog post covering the details is here

As always, happy fragging!

Very impressive.

just downloaded yesterday and i like changes looks very good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,352 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,261 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,174 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,915 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,654 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,331 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,294 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta