Create an account

Poll: MW3 or BF3 ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
17.86%
5 17.86%
Battlefield 3
42.86%
12 42.86%
I don't care / Whatever / I dunno
39.29%
11 39.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MW3 or BF3?

So, it seems like MW3 is announced. And BF3 has been announced for a while. And both of these games are going gold about the same time - in the end of this year. What do you think, which one is going to be the greater FPS-release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3?

I'm too lazy to post information links. Tongue I'm sure everyone who wants more information can search for it by him/herself.

Which one is going to win? Which one shall be the biggest FPS-release of the year 2011? What's your choice?

Discuss.

I imagine they will both sell a ridiculously large number of copies.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(05-14-2011, 08:52 AM)theShadow Wrote: I imagine they will both sell a ridiculously large number of copies.

Yup, and they are "rivals", and propably the most-waited games of the year. That's why I made this poll. Smile

I did hear someone talking about how modern warfare is copying battlefield 3, but that's just a rumor

Imgur Gallery

(05-14-2011, 09:22 AM)theShadow Wrote: I did hear someone talking about how modern warfare is copying battlefield 3, but that's just a rumor

"Copying" is a very wide notion. And I don't believe in that "copying" thing - of course both games share the same theme etc. but gameplay are unique and different. And if someone claims something about copying, he/she has to prove it. If no evidence, then stfu. Big Grin

Xonotic. Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

FruitieX, You think it will be released in 2011? I'll vote for Xonotic too then.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Modern Warfare 3 easily, since COD established itself as the most successful brand in the gaming branch. I personally will buy MW3 because

1st, I always loved the COD singleplayer
2nd, it will have missions in Germany (Hamburg and Berlin)
3rd, I didn't like the Bad Company 2 multiplayer AT ALL and from what I saw BF3 is gonna be alot like it.

Sure, there are of course also bad things about the game. The community is crap, but I dont play the new CODs because of the community.

I would definitly give Battlefield 3 a try because I loved BF2, but since it isn't even working on Windows XP (DirectX 10 is required) I won't be able to do so.

Battlefield 3/dont really care. Shogun 2: Total War for me Smile
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

I hope this wasn't a serious question. MW3 will not only be the sequal to a really bad game, but will be the latest installment in what can simply be referred to as Madden FPS, be developed by a skeleton crew with almost no members having been involved in the previous two MW games, and will likely not have mod support and a shit ton of nickel and dime DLC. Battlefield 3 will have some serious urban warfare settings, with destructible buildings that can be fully explored, and various other things that no other shooter does right now.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(05-14-2011, 04:35 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I hope this wasn't a serious question. MW3 will not only be the sequal to a really bad game, but will be the latest installment in what can simply be referred to as Madden FPS, be developed by a skeleton crew with almost no members having been involved in the previous two MW games, and will likely not have mod support and a shit ton of nickel and dime DLC. Battlefield 3 will have some serious urban warfare settings, with destructible buildings that can be fully explored, and various other things that no other shooter does right now.

I made this poll, because BF3 and MW3 are both titled as "the best and awaited game of 2011". Which one is going to win? And MW3 is now developed by Infinity Ward (or the remains of it), Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. Of course MW3 has no roots from the original CoD title, but it still shares the same brand and people are willing to buy it. Therefore your sentence "I hope this wasn't a serious question" is somehow irrelevant.

Edit: If you don't care about this poll or which game is going to win, please, don't post those "I'll vote for Xonotic" because they are completely offtopic.

The only real thing MW3 has going for it in my opinion is involvement from Raven (which is NEEDED, Infinity Ward has been gutted and most of their staff moved to Respawn), however I don't think they'll be able to make sense of that cluster%@#* they passed off as a story in the previous game and we already know the multiplayer is going to be sub-par.

Also here's a fun fact about MW2:
MW2 and MW2 (there are two MW2's here for a reason) were both published by Activision. During the development of both of those games, Activision rode the teams behind each of those games so hard that their members left in large numbers. Both of those games also have the same initials. Think it will happen again 13 years from now? As in another high-profile game with the initials MW2 will be in development and Activision will get another team to rage quit? Also bonus points to whoever can guess what game the first MW2 is.

Oh wait.

(05-15-2011, 02:48 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: The only real thing MW3 has going for it in my opinion is involvement from Raven (which is NEEDED, Infinity Ward has been gutted and most of their staff moved to Respawn), however I don't think they'll be able to make sense of that cluster%@#* they passed off as a story in the previous game and we already know the multiplayer is going to be sub-par.

Also here's a fun fact about MW2:
MW2 and MW2 (there are two MW2's here for a reason) were both published by Activision. During the development of both of those games, Activision rode the teams behind each of those games so hard that their members left in large numbers. Both of those games also have the same initials. Think it will happen again 13 years from now? As in another high-profile game with the initials MW2 will be in development and Activision will get another team to rage quit? Also bonus points to whoever can guess what game the first MW2 is.

Yes. I know. But I'm trying to be objective, not subjective.

mass effect 2?

Imgur Gallery

(05-15-2011, 10:27 AM)theShadow Wrote: mass effect 2?

MechWarrior 2

Oh wait.

If you're talking about sales and media focus Modern Warfare 3 will definitely come out ahead, too many CoD-babies for it not to. Harsh, but there it is.

As far as single-player goes, both games still use the same tired premise that hasn't changed since Battlefield 2, so it all boils down to the multiplayer; Battlefield series trump Call of Duty, all those gimmicks of unlocks and leveling up that MW throws into the mix is just plastic gloss to distract you from the fact their multiplayer isn't all its cracked up to be. Oh, and battlefield series has had vehicles in its multiplayer. A shame about the directx 10 requirement, though (DICE don't seem to realize that not everyone cares about world effects that have no impact on the gameplay whatsoever).
How long is a piece of string?

I don't care but I always prefered the old BFs. Smile

I'll pick up MW3 for sure. I really enjoyed the story in CoD 4 and MW2, so I look forward to MW3.

(05-15-2011, 02:22 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(05-15-2011, 10:27 AM)theShadow Wrote: mass effect 2?

MechWarrior 2

Which points out the fact that this is standard operating procedure for Activision. Heck, even their packaging suffered - when I bought MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries, it had MechWarrior 2's manual stuffed inside the box (which was unopened).

In any case, I don't really care. 'Realistic' FPS games aren't my cup of tea.
Sporkman: Making people wonder "WTF does his name mean?" since 2008.

Boycotting Battlefield 3 here and dodging Modern Warfare 3 as well. Do some google searches and you'll probably find out why I'm not going to have anything to do with Battlefield 3. At least there's Red Orchestra 2 to look forward to.

(07-19-2011, 12:05 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Boycotting Battlefield 3 here and dodging Modern Warfare 3 as well. Do some google searches and you'll probably find out why I'm not going to have anything to do with Battlefield 3. At least there's Red Orchestra 2 to look forward to.

Mod support, or what?

Why can´t I vote for Xonotic? Tongue Never mind. I don´t really care about those CoD and Battelfield games but from what I saw is MW3 very impressive! There are very nice animations, realism is what they want to achieve, I think.

Well, I'll go with neither.

CoD is just CoD, another one... I played a few of them already, what's the point...

BF3 seems to got a hype of next coming of jesus, but I don't see why. 2 trailers with some ridiculous, scripted, slow-motion, uber-unrealistic SP action. MP is actually dumbed down version of BF2 (which I didn't like). And people are happy becasue they promised to give one DLC for free (first of 12). wtf...
The only actual improvement is total destructible environment (read: a little bit destructive environment)

To me, the gaming industry is brainless, there are like 2-3 good (Good) games a year, almost no innovation or originality. That's why I play old games/mods/ and games like Nexuiz/Xonotic, because you get the impression that someone actually cares about gameplay.

(07-19-2011, 05:42 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: To me, the gaming industry is brainless, there are like 2-3 good (Good) games a year, almost no innovation or originality. That's why I play old games/mods/ and games like Nexuiz/Xonotic, because you get the impression that someone actually cares about gameplay.
+1 You´ve got a very good point there!

I can't stand realism at all if it is to visualize killing of other people. I find it plain disgusting the more realistic it gets.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!