Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Laggy while connect to servers

Sad 
HI there! I'm from Malaysia and I got a problem with connecting to Xonotic servers.

There are 3 servers with some players in the list and are over 300++ ping. I can't join it with high latency!

I tried to connect several VPNs but the ping get higher than before!

How can I lower my ping connect to the Xonotic's servers? Or any good VPN suggest to me?

Sad

Note: My broadband package is 1MBps downstream and 384kbps upstream

VPN will only increase your latency! It adds delays because the link is encrypted and you're making your packets travel even more.

I think you get a low ping because there aren't many servers around Malaysia. Where are the servers with the best ping for you? I guess in Australia.

The lowest one is in Japan! 150+ ping but its 'empty' server. There's no server in Malaysia because there are few people will know this game in Malaysia.

I searched Google for Xonotic Malaysia server and there's no result. Sad

While the game is in a development phase the popularity is low so there are not so many servers with the main concentrations being in Europe and North America.

To get a server running in Malaysia maybe you should start by showing the game to your friends? Perhaps you can get enough interest that other people would also want to play the game online. There are game server hosting companies around so maybe you can then work with your friends on setting up one yourselves.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

(08-26-2012, 01:50 AM)tingxyu Wrote: HI there! I'm from Malaysia and I got a problem with connecting to Xonotic servers.

There are 3 servers with some players in the list and are over 300++ ping. I can't join it with high latency!

How can I lower my ping connect to the Xonotic's servers? Or any good VPN suggest to me?

Sad

I have the same problem as yours. I'm from Indonesia, the lowest ping I've encountered is 170+, but it's empty.

I might be building a 12 players server soon after I find a way to build dedicated serv Wink
Technically [ID]Ruffneck Big Grin
Teknomw3 name : [CC]PotSmoKer
4d1 IW4M name : |Bz|GeraldLiu

Nice idea. My motto: If one's ping is low, one should strive to increase one's player base.

(08-30-2012, 07:13 AM)gepra_ds Wrote: I have the same problem as yours. I'm from Indonesia, the lowest ping I've encountered is 170+, but it's empty.

I might be building a 12 players server soon after I find a way to build dedicated serv Wink

If you got Xonotic from the Xonotic website, read the readme.txt file in the "server" directory from your install directory. If you got it from somewhere else, it depends on who packaged it, but it is possible that the file was removed in that case.

(08-30-2012, 07:13 AM)gepra_ds Wrote:
(08-26-2012, 01:50 AM)tingxyu Wrote: HI there! I'm from Malaysia and I got a problem with connecting to Xonotic servers.

Sad

I have the same problem as yours. I'm from Indonesia, the lowest ping I've encountered is 170+, but it's empty.

After you finished creating a server p.m me,hehehe~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to connect to the Xonotic 0.8.2 server NoBrain 3 2,218 06-16-2021, 02:23 AM
Last Post: nj
  [NEED HELP] cl_gunalign doesn't seem to work on some servers/maps Aguaumreal 2 2,485 09-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [BUG] Graphics become really choppy and laggy on Level 18 Daklota 1 2,355 11-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SOLVED] Can't connect to a server adem 2 3,060 02-23-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: adem
  [SOLVED] Servers list don't show any of servers Ketjow3 8 5,092 01-25-2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ketjow3
  [BUG] Play randomly restarts while playing Space Ace 10 4,237 10-07-2017, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [BUG] Grappling hook breaks if no new key is pressed while it is midair (new since 8.2) reth 2 2,764 05-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Last Post: reth
  [FIXED] How do I pause game while having the console open? Beagle 8 6,377 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [NEEDS INFO] Game crashes while loading - could not load texture "overkillbullet" |OSiRiS| 5 5,365 10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Can I disable "while in the midair press jump and jetpack is activated" zwz 2 3,762 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy