Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] Having some serious issues here

For whatever reason I'm having display issues (see pic) with a couple of maps. In particular Dark Zone and Xoylent do this. At first I thought it may have been my config file, so I scrubbed and still got it. Then I thought my video card may have been configured in some weird way, so I set that up to let the application do whatever it wants to. In addition to what's visible in the screenshot, I'm also having a problem with my reflections getting reset back to blurred every time I open the game and all the options for shadows being disabled.

btw I've toggled off all the gloss maps, hdr, bloom, etc. to try correct the problem and that still didn't work. My GPU is an AMD Radeon 7950, 384 bit with 3GB of VRAM. In addition to what I posted above, I've also had some weird crashes when zooming in or blowing up barrels during offline play. Speaking of zoom, my game stutters massively when I do that offline as well (I've yet to have it happen online).
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(01-19-2015, 09:18 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: For whatever reason I'm having display issues (see pic) with a couple of maps. In particular Dark Zone and Xoylent do this. At first I thought it may have been my config file, so I scrubbed and still got it. Then I thought my video card may have been configured in some weird way, so I set that up to let the application do whatever it wants to. In addition to what's visible in the screenshot, I'm also having a problem with my reflections getting reset back to blurred every time I open the game and all the options for shadows being disabled.

btw I've toggled off all the gloss maps, hdr, bloom, etc. to try correct the problem and that still didn't work. My GPU is an AMD Radeon 7950, 384 bit with 3GB of VRAM. In addition to what I posted above, I've also had some weird crashes when zooming in or blowing up barrels during offline play. Speaking of zoom, my game stutters massively when I do that offline as well (I've yet to have it happen online).

Not sure if It'll matter with those maps but try turning off Realtime world lighting.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

I did that and it gets rid of the glare, but that's a really shitty work-around to say the least as it means there's a ton of graphical fidelity I'm missing out on that I had no problem playing with in 0.7. 0.8 fixed the audio issue I was having (couldn't do anything higher than stereo), but introduced some serious stability and graphical problems.

Now that I've had time to play around more, here's the list of problems I have with my copy of the game:

-Realtime world lighting doesn't work for the most part and over-illuminates like mad when it does
-Anything and everything related to shadows doesn't work at all, unless realtime world lighting is also ticked
-Reflections keeps resetting to blurred
-Offset and Relief mapping are broken (though they always have been, so there's nothing new here)
-Stability issues with decals on models (again nothing new)
-Damage effects slider doesn't effect anything anymore
-Stuttering and stability issues when using zoom offline, online not effected
-Frame rate and stability issues with destructible objects offline (barrels in particular), online not effected

Oh wait.

I.ve the same problem ..
But seems it dosn.t depend on which gpu you use (here with nvidia)

Screen without Realime world lightning:
[Image: xonoti12.jpg]

Screen with Realime world lightning:
[Image: xonoti11.jpg]

Seems only activating Realime world lightning shows the issue.

GreetZ Su

[Image: 62638-breakfast-Club-deal-with-it-gi-MLuC.gif]

(01-22-2015, 08:47 AM)-maniac|Su- Wrote: Seems only activating Realime world lightning shows the issue.

GreetZ Su

What drivers and OS do you use? I have a nvidia graphics card and haven't noticed an issue. I run on low config, though.

If I can reproduce, I can attempt a git bisection to pinpoint the bug's origin.

EDIT: can you provide instructions to reproduce the issue based on the default configuration?

KDE: 4.14.3
NVIDIA Driver Version: 340.65

Issue always crop up when Realime world lightning enabled.

GreetZ Su

Specs here:
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938
CPU: AMD Vishera 4GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 7950, 3GB
RAM: 8 GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600

The over-illumination can be reproduced simply by turning on real time world lighting. It doesn't effect all maps though, only a couple that I know of, Dark Zone in particular is the most noticeable.

Oh wait.

This problem dates back to Nexuiz days, but it shouldn't be happening on the stock maps. Not sure what causes this, the Nexuiz maps I've seen with this issue don't even have a .rtlights file.
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,434 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
  [NEED HELP] cl_gunalign doesn't seem to work on some servers/maps Aguaumreal 2 2,483 09-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic reverts to Stereo sound after having set it to 5.1 STP_KITT 0 1,851 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Last Post: STP_KITT
Exclamation [SOLVED] Graphics issues on Intel Kaby Lake (HD630) hardware on Linux cefiar 9 9,443 04-19-2018, 02:42 AM
Last Post: cefiar
  [BUG] Command line typing issues teratorn 5 2,931 04-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Last Post: teratorn
  [SOLVED] How can I change my name here on the forum? wannawin 7 5,240 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Last Post: wannawin
  [SOLVED] Demo issues 0.8.1 Totally_Cool 2 3,188 06-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Totally_Cool
  [FIXED] How do I pause game while having the console open? Beagle 8 6,377 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SOLVED] Map has some black things(?) Brot 3 3,147 10-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Brot
  [SOLVED] Having problems with rsync-updater satuim 16 13,304 03-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Mirio