Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Textures don't load at other side of warpzone

I've been experimenting with warp zones in netradiant recently. The warpzones were two way and they were rotated. When i jumped in the first one and out the second one, i couldn't see the textures of the second room, which was right beside the first one and both rooms had thinnest walls possible. I could though see the first room just fine though, and saw it through invisible walls of the second room.
I gave both rooms textures, though the warp zones were rotated so that when i jump in i instantly gain speed (this is for a defrag map). I made sure the warp zones were big enough, there was no way a player could slip through, and the warp zones worked fine. The warp zones are right next to the walls with no space in between except the warpzone face.

Also, i sometimes fall out of the map when i try to go back using the warpzones.
What am i doing wrong?

Could you post the map file? I think that would be easier. Big Grin Can't wrap my head around this.

(06-10-2020, 05:10 AM)Mirio Wrote: Could you post the map file? I think that would be easier. Big Grin Can't wrap my head around this.

Sure, here it is. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
.pk3   neuclid1.pk3 (Size: 22.28 KB / Downloads: 1)

I could not figure out yet why the second room is invisible. I've tried a few things like thicker walls, move the second room a bit away, put a skybox around the map (actually not required in enclosed map like this).
I recall trying something like this myself and failed/gave up, but don't remember what exactly was not working. Tongue

The falling out thing might be due to the very thin walls. You are always on the safe side with a bit thicker walls and especially triggers.

Some general advices:
Surfaces that are not visible to the player should have the common/caulk texture (e.g. all the outside parts). So just caulk the whole map beforehand and only texture the visible parts for performance reasons.

(I'm not quite sure if this is required for cts maps, but) The mapinfo needs a "has weapons" line - for reasons I forgot. Big Grin

The pk3 structure was incorrect: rename the neuclid1 folder into "maps". Map file, bsp, lightmaps folder, mapinfo goes in there.
If you use custom textures you must ship them with your pk3 or other players can't see them. Just put them in a "textures" folder. Shaders go in "scripts".
[Image: unknown.png]

Also this might be interesting for you: http://dl.xonotic.fps.gratis/euclidean-f...7d0a3d.pk3

Code:
<brodog> i only get it working when both rooms are connected to skybox
<brodog> i dont know… it's fucked up
<brodog> oh maybe
<brodog> try to place an entity in second room
<brodog> like a second spawn
<brodog> Mirio, yes that fixes it
<brodog> basically its map optimization, second room has no entity, therefore it's not built
<brodog> you can also place a lonely target_position or whatever

So I guess just go on building the map. Big Grin

(06-11-2020, 10:23 AM)Mirio Wrote:
Code:
<brodog> i only get it working when both rooms are connected to skybox
<brodog> i dont know… it's fucked up
<brodog> oh maybe
<brodog> try to place an entity in second room
<brodog> like a second spawn
<brodog> Mirio, yes that fixes it
<brodog> basically its map optimization, second room has no entity, therefore it's not built
<brodog> you can also place a lonely target_position or whatever

So I guess just go on building the map. Big Grin
Thanks, this worked!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Menu Won't Load, Game Crashes EdwardHamHam 1 2,928 07-21-2022, 01:44 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Load my cfg file Rage_ATWM 1 1,124 05-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM
Question [NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved) Kotangens 4 2,892 08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SOLVED] No stats for the player Ubuntu 19.04 - just don't use the flathub version Fiorentino 2 3,061 04-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Fiorentino
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,444 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
  [NEED HELP] Buffs Don't Work 3agle427 0 1,510 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  [SOLVED] Menu fails to load after recent update Bloodthorn 2 2,726 09-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [NEEDS INFO] Game Crash On Load Castor 0 2,145 05-31-2018, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Castor
  [NEED HELP] Can see other players, but not map teratorn 5 3,023 02-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: teratorn
  [SOLVED] Servers list don't show any of servers Ketjow3 8 5,114 01-25-2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ketjow3