Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on my Music?

I've been composing music for quite a while. I wouldn't call my work THAT great, but other people do. I've been browsing the music that you guys are liking and it is very sci-fi themed. I'm not sure if I can do that, however, I'm more than willing to try!

http://soundcloud.com/visiiri/tracks

Tell me what you think! I'll keep composing and add them all there. When I make more, I'll be sure to post in this thread again. (Unless I make something REALLY great. I might make a new thread for that.)

Listening to your tracks now. Some of it (Demolition Deprivation especially) sounds like it would suit some serious deathmatch play. Overall pretty good, I like it, though only some of it seems like it would fit Xonotic style gameplay.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Personal opinion:

- Theremin MIDI test: not fitting
- Demolition deprivation: too "hard", would distract from the game, but nice as background music for recorded videos Tongue
- [untitled orchestra] is too hard on bass, but sounds like it could be great for a space map (ideally one using the polluted_earth skybox)
- Up, Up, Up: no, no 8bit please Wink reminds me a bit of Kraftwerk
- Diamond Bite: MIGHT work for ingame music, but I think it's still a bit too hard. I like the track, but I may be biased as its theme at 0.30 sounds like something I once composed Tongue
- Feigning Death: possibly good for ingame music

So, I would suggest we may put [untitled orchestra] and Feigning Death into a music repository we still need to create Tongue
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

sorry, i think that rock/metal and orchestral tracks dont fit at all. the tracks are great, but they dont fit.

the track which would fit best is up, up, up! imo. we just need a map which is... well, a bit freaky like up, up, up! Smile
edit: i cant stop listening to up, up, up!....

Well, yes, I haven't finished composing anything specifically for this game, but I figured I would get the ball rolling on my music and see where it leads.

I've actually got about 1:50 of a track done, and I would finish it now but I have to go and get a sports physical for my swimming league. Sad

(08-17-2010, 01:18 AM)divVerent Wrote: - Up, Up, Up: no, no 8bit please Wink reminds me a bit of Kraftwerk

Whhaaattt? No fake bit or 8 bit allowed?

Oh wait.

Feigning death: Not bad, with a few changes it could be ingame. It sometimes feels like there are too many instruments playing and what happens is white noise+some other instrument barely distinct.
Theremin: Too passive for game.
Demolition: Not bad, but suffers from some of feigning death's problems, I think.
Orchestral: Too passive, I think
Up*3: more like 8bp than kraftwerk. Why limit ourselves to non-8 bit music?
Diamond bite: As div said, a bit too hard.

Good to have another audio artist.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Alrighty, I have a new song here. I didn't go very electro at all because it's hard to compose, however, if this is STILL not fitting, that's OK.

I've got as extreme battlezone kill people as I can here, and I want to know what you think. Smile

http://soundcloud.com/visiiri/sets/xonotic

EDIT: I also included a full on electro track at the above link, tell me what you think Smile

First one, definitely doesn't suit the game (at least I don't think it does). The second one (generator) kicks a lot of ass and sounds like it may suit the game, though it would kinda stand out since their aren't any other tracks that have too many similarities to this one like all the others.

Oh wait.

(08-17-2010, 11:51 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: First one, definitely doesn't suit the game (at least I don't think it does). The second one (generator) kicks a lot of ass and sounds like it may suit the game, though it would kinda stand out since their aren't any other tracks that have too many similarities to this one like all the others.

that is exactly my opinion.

Wow! o.O you created something that I could call "Music"! Smile
not only some beat! MUSIC!!!

What program are you working with?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(08-18-2010, 11:11 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: Wow! o.O you created something that I could call "Music"! Smile
not only some beat! MUSIC!!!

What program are you working with?

Oh my.. I use Edirol Orchestral VST with Acid Pro 7 for my orchestral stuff and FruityLoops for most of my percussion stuff with a few different VSTs.

For the electronic stuffs, I used some sounds from a sample/loop set I just got. I've got several VSTs for the metal stuff and I use an MIDI keyboard too.

Nice tracks! Orchestra doesnt fit Xonotic well, but some of the other songs are great, I think for map music, the game needs a more subtle feel to the music. Lol, I'm cheap so I use LMMS, a borrowed MIDI keyboard, and a 10 dollar MIDI adapter. Zynaddsubfx is amazing though, sounds better than z3ta+ in a direct comparison. I'm gonna check out that Orchestral VST though, I need one.
Keep knockin' it out, for me, music creation is time consuming...is that universal? I think chooksta is the only person I know of who is able to produce great songs at an insane rate. O_o I don't think a theme has been settled on though. Even songs that don't get used now may get used later in future maps...even non official maps.

Thank you, master[mind]. Music for me takes a lot of time. Depending on how hard I want to work, it can take from two hours to two days. I've got ~$500 in loops and samples that can make some sick tracks in short time, but that's not nearly as fun as creating some stuff with VSTIs.

Anyways, I've updated my Xonotic set with a sort of metal/techno combo. Take a listen.

http://soundcloud.com/visiiri/meteor-shower

Sounds good, but I don't hear a whole lot of electronica in it. Though strangely it DOES sound like it would fit this game really well MOAR!!!1!1! plz Big Grin

Oh wait.

Just started listening (still am) and I am already impressed. Nice work, regardless whether this will fit to Xonotic or not.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,322 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,193 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,806 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,154 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,107 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,612 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,051 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,717 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,973 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy