Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vehicles thread

A problem with vehicles (or maybe only with raptor, i hadnt tested the other ones yet):
If a vehicle has a color (team) assigned it works only for "first copy". Say, i go and take my blue raptor, i'm flying in spaaaace and then another raptor is spawned after some time... and it has no color, anyone from any team can take it.

Two Questions:
Why does a new vehicle spawns if the original one is still alive? If this happens we'd have 100 vehicles all around the map and they'd keep spawning and spawning.
Why does the spawned vehicle doesn't take a color?

And again, i beg for turrets that can be controlled by players, they'd be much better and more fun. A model would be needed and set it as immovable vehicle or something. Please, i'm begging for them

(08-29-2012, 11:43 PM)forseti Wrote: A problem with vehicles (or maybe only with raptor, i hadnt tested the other ones yet):
If a vehicle has a color (team) assigned it works only for "first copy". Say, i go and take my blue raptor, i'm flying in spaaaace and then another raptor is spawned after some time... and it has no color, anyone from any team can take it.

Two Questions:
Why does a new vehicle spawns if the original one is still alive? If this happens we'd have 100 vehicles all around the map and they'd keep spawning and spawning.
Why does the spawned vehicle doesn't take a color?

Err... what map/version of Xonotic are you playing? There is none of those problems in 0.6...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Couldn't find a thread regarding new map suggestions, so I'm putting this here.
Please move if there's a dedicated thread for this: )

I'd like to see a map on the surface of the Moon, a bit like the old Battlezone map.

Maybe an underwater sunken city map too. This might help with CPU load too, as there would be less need to draw distant objects, or am I wrong here?

A racing map similar to Wipeout, Rollcage or the Starwars Pod Racer would also go down well with me: )

I'm pretty happy with the general gameplay in the Vehicle maps, apart from the occasional getting stuck next to objects now and then, and the odd tank blowing up with no apparent cause, but I usually put these things down to my own lack of ability: )

Thanks to all who take the time and trouble to do all this work on my favourite game.

There is a map that is sort of like the moon surface.
Blasted Lands is the name iirc.

Sunken city sounds good though.. Might add it to my ever growing list of maps I'm working on...

As for racing map? Do you explicitly mean a "vehicle" racing map or just a standard DeFrag style map?
I don't think I could do any of these sort of maps however...
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

(02-04-2013, 11:34 PM)kammy Wrote: There is a map that is sort of like the moon surface.

Sunken city sounds good though.. Might add it to my ever growing list of maps I'm working on...

As for racing map? Do you explicitly mean a "vehicle" racing map or just a standard DeFrag style map?

Hi, and thanks for the reply: )

I'll have to try and find the Blasted lands map again. I do remember seeing it somewhere.

Ye, I did mean a vehicle map, but Programming has always seemed way way over my head, so all I can do is imagine and suggest thingsSmile)

All my suggestions were for vehicle maps really, using vehs as subs and stuff, but I did think of sunken temples and pyramids which players could travel to underwater, and normal DM or CTF scenerios could be played out, but I am aware that this would be an epic programming headache: ))

Hacent tested it yet but found tthis Blastedlands.pk3
http://nexuiz-maps.wikispaces.com/file/v...dlands.pk3

(02-05-2013, 01:00 PM)ZosKiaKultus Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 11:34 PM)kammy Wrote: There is a map that is sort of like the moon surface.

Hi, and thanks for the reply: )

I'll have to try and find the Blasted lands map again. I do remember seeing it somewhere.

Ye, I did mean a vehicle map, but Programming has always seemed way way over my head, so all I can do is imagine and suggest thingsSmile)

All my suggestions were for vehicle maps really, using vehs as subs and stuff, but I did think of sunken temples and pyramids which players could travel to underwater, and normal DM or CTF scenerios could be played out, but I am aware that this would be an epic programming headache: ))
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Star 
Well, I've been trying to rebalance things so that they'll work with vehicles, although I've been aiming toward a Tribes 2 type system. Unfortunately, I was trying for too much and things didn't pan out at all, and probably few Xonotic players would even like a Tribes 2 type game change. So I got as far as I could and then hit a wall, and stopped.

Well anyway, here's what I managed to do. First of all, due to the increased range and mobility that vehicles permit, weapons and players need equivalent boosts. I made the weapons much more accurate and longer range (might have missed some of the range variables), and thus much more effective against vehicles from long range. It's hard enough to aim as it is without your weapon missing from even a short distance. Besides, vehicle weapons are much longer range and effective than player weapons. They shouldn't be equal, but they should still be closer (vehicle weapons do as much damage as they should, not less to make them equal). Damage was increased accordingly, but from some tests so far, they might need tweaking. The grapple and jet pack were intended for use in this mod, fully like in Tribes 2, but I haven't tweaked the limited energy usages.

Some specifics: the grenade launcher has been turned into a wide-area mortar, but secondary fire is an implosion mortar that can be used against enemies (pull them off the edge of a map or slam them into a wall) or can be used to zoom yourself across the map (might need less damage, but get on higher ground, like the top of a ramp, and fire lower nearby). The hook has been turned into a spider-man hook, and works very much the same if you try Top of the World or similar maps. It should run out though, like it does for spidey, but only after a while of extensive use.

I haven't finished all the weapons and I don't think I'll try much anymore, so if you find any of it useful please go ahead and use it and change it for anything you want. Please try it out in a live vehicle game plenty before saying it's crap ... it's a different game entirely, as it should be and has to be with vehicles, and hopefully NOT at all a spam arena like non-vehicle Xonotic is.

Code:
g_balance_hagar_primary_spread 0.01
g_balance_hagar_primary_speed 4200
g_balance_hagar_secondary_spread 0.01
g_balance_hagar_secondary_speed 4200

g_balance_crylink_primary_spread 0.09
g_balance_crylink_primary_refire 1.7
g_balance_crylink_primary_bounces 5
g_balance_crylink_secondary_spread 0.01
g_balance_crylink_secondary_speed 3200
g_balance_crylink_secondary_refire 0.4
g_balance_crylink_secondary_bounces 10

g_balance_hlac_primary_spread_crouchmod 0.01
g_balance_hlac_secondary_shots 5
g_balance_hlac_secondary_ammo 5
g_balance_hlac_secondary_spread 0.1
g_balance_hlac_secondary_spread_crouchmod 0.2

g_balance_laser_primary_refire 0.1
g_balance_laser_primary_damage 10

g_balance_shotgun_primary_damage 20
g_balance_shotgun_secondary_force 500

g_balance_uzi_spread_min 0.01
g_balance_uzi_spread_max 0.02
g_balance_uzi_spread_add 0.001
g_balance_uzi_burst_spread 0.01

g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_ammo 1
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_force 550
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_radius 500
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_refire 2.3
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_animtime 2
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_speed 2500
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_type 0
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_edgedamage 25
g_balance_grenadelauncher_primary_lifetime 10
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_ammo 1
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_damage 50
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_force -1000
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_radius 500
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_refire 2.3
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_animtime 2
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_speed 2500
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_type 0
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_edgedamage 25
g_balance_grenadelauncher_secondary_lifetime 10

g_jetpack 1
g_jetpack_fuel 0

g_grappling_hook 1
g_grappling_hook_tarzan 1
g_balance_grapplehook_speed_fly 5000
g_balance_grapplehook_stretch 1
g_balance_grapplehook_length_min 1
g_balance_grapplehook_airfriction 0.2
g_balance_grapplehook_speed_pull 1000
g_balance_hook_primary_hooked_fuel 0
g_balance_hook_secondary_ammo 5
g_balance_hook_secondary_damage 25
g_balance_hook_secondary_force 1000

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine: thread handling kingtiger01 0 3,218 11-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Last Post: kingtiger01
  Lightning Gun / Machine Gun thread _Subzero_ 56 56,979 08-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Exclamation Map incubator thread: Vociferous CuBe0wL 25 34,163 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hutty
  The Overkill thread tZork 30 37,449 06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Some hook/vehicles oddities freefang 4 5,821 05-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Question media source files of vehicles? poVoq 13 10,495 02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
  Newtonian Nightmare - Playtest and suggestions thread CuBe0wL 35 42,818 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Last Post: FraNcoTirAdoR