Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

(03-14-2017, 07:25 AM)Ch4mp Wrote: for me crylink model is pretty solid.

Actually the Crylink is the oldest and ugliest model still in Xonotic... alongside the Hook gun, and I might be missing a few more. It hasn't been updated for about a decade since the earliest days of Nexuiz, back when polygon count and texture resolution standards were way lower. So yeah, I would appreciate finally seeing an update for it as well please!

I'm happy with and grateful for whatever is coming of this quality. In consideration of the professionality of Morphed's work and knowing he does it for a living I feel a bit uneasy with "requesting" more. But I sure do hope he enjoys making these models enough to keep at it ;o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(03-12-2017, 05:02 PM)Morphed Wrote: [Image: FIqYuQf.jpg]
Next gun, again it's only highpoly version. Any suggestions are welcome Smile
Holyshit! Morphed does it again!
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Morphed da real mvp
[Image: 38443.png]

Spoiler for a potential content pack someday soon:

[Image: QnZeivKl.jpg]
[Image: 230.png]

(03-16-2017, 11:06 PM)Mario Wrote: Spoiler for a potential content pack someday soon:

[Image: QnZeivKl.jpg]

Interesting and very nice! We could definitely use more static model props: Xonotic maps heavily lack the environmental detail in modern engines, even if it has high quality content.

(03-16-2017, 11:06 PM)Mario Wrote: Spoiler for a potential content pack someday soon
Good old Yughues, his CC0 work is amazing Big Grin

Hey, I just finished texturing grenade launcher, I hope you will like it Smile
[Image: bRExyqj.jpg]

(03-30-2017, 04:27 PM)Morphed Wrote: Hey, I just finished texturing grenade launcher, I hope you will like it Smile
[Image: bRExyqj.jpg]

I have no words, it is simply incredible. Your modeling and texturing skills are truly one of the biggest blessings of this project!

Hey you found my Grenade Launcher! I gave it to some Newbie a couple of weeks ago in a tutorial and somehow I forgot to ask him to give it back so it probably remained in the map. I can tell it's mine because it's so heavily used, mine looked just like this.

Awesome work, loving it!
My Xonstats Profile

[Image: TE4orQC.jpg]
I promised Jeff to finish off explosive weapon set remake with a new ammo crate Smile

Very nice! Those explosive weapons really look sophisticated now. Thank you for your contributions!
My Xonstats Profile

[Image: XAdPjyP.jpg]
here it is, finished with textures, ready to be picked up

Once again, truly marvelous work Morphed. Also an admin should seriously bring back the ability to like posts, which was disabled since the forum update!

I thought I could put the textures in the pk3 and it'd be okay but apparently not. The geometry is at least nice.

Maps ported from Q3/etc usually needs to be scaled bigger by about 10% for it to feel natural size in Xonotic. Catalyst might in general be bit too small, because you can blaster jump up quite high in Xonotic.

[Image: 62r4a7o9cgto8nh31yj_thumb.jpg]
[Image: a531z8bkderrz93g8e5_thumb.jpg]
[Image: euqg48qwefukawm78tzn_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ar2nzf6wmk8vx7yyy9jl_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 0yvkof39olo98ptb2zz_thumb.jpg]
WIP
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(04-28-2017, 02:16 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: 62r4a7o9cgto8nh31yj_thumb.jpg]

That long ass corridor though  Blush

EDIT: on a more serious note, if it's doable with your geometry I'd aim for something like this:

[Image: KBCbCg7.png]

(04-29-2017, 07:04 PM)Smilecythe Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 02:16 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: 62r4a7o9cgto8nh31yj_thumb.jpg]

That long ass corridor though  Blush

EDIT: on a more serious note, if it's doable with your geometry I'd aim for something like this:

[Image: KBCbCg7.png]

Why dont you grab the Mosseppo or the zeroql and join the psxy server? You can play test it there, since today
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Sky Temples and Static Discharge.

(04-20-2017, 04:41 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Maps ported from Q3/etc usually needs to be scaled bigger by about 10% for it to feel natural size in Xonotic. Catalyst might in general be bit too small, because you can blaster jump up quite high in Xonotic.

Likely, I will just hand the geometry off to a real mapper once some bugs are fixed.
These are just outputs from a tool that converts Reflex's map format to id Tech's.

Might just share this here as well: Xonotic characters ported to The Dark Mod! See the original post here.
[Image: 6H0KBvb.jpg]
[Image: PSO4VaT.jpg]
[Image: giOdinf.jpg]
[Image: D6UpY7U.jpg]
[Image: b9yUgEC.jpg]
[Image: ZShiOmn.jpg]
[Image: 7HEosPK.jpg]
[Image: eVbFVvi.jpg]
[Image: 8orAai4.jpg]
[Image: bBKN7iB.jpg]
[Image: 6SXKJKU.jpg]
[Image: uF39ozs.jpg]

A quick snippet of the map I'm working on.
That would be the first floor. It's gonna be a high tower, with jump pads, teleporters and four other towers around. I wanted to make large spaces for arena fights, but with pillars and a lot of cool corners to be able to hide around too.

Well doesn't look like anything at the moment, but I started yesterday evening. Took me some time to be sure about the proportions, to be able to take advantage of symmetry (copy/paste/rotate/flip etc).
[Image: 1498675448-map.png]

Well, I didn't decided on the theme right now. I would like to save this for later. i was thinking about that futuristic style Xonotic does so well ahah.

Day 4. The brushwork is going great. Tried to compile, no leak incoming.
I tried some lighting, this is gonna be a real pain to make it consistent. Well, anyway, there are two more floors and the inside is done.
Tried to put some bumpers, works well. The concept is getting more and more precise, so I know what to do. That's cool.
Anyway, I'll try to get you a "playable" version ASAP, and I'll modify this considering the feedback (which I will make great use of).

[Image: 2017-26-5-1498853085-screenshot-from-201...-04-28.png]

Day -more or less- 8.
The whole thing is still going great. Now I completely know where to go. I just hope it will be actually playable (or at least that you can enjoy it).
Still heavily working on the brushwork. Should be done next week, and, after some aesthetic tweakings (like borders etc) to make the final texturing easier, I'm gonna work on lights.

[Image: 1499542028-screenshot-from-2017-07-08-21-25-52.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,760 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe