Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aneurysm [ DM | TDM | CA | LMS ]

Hello,

This is aneurysm retextured with replaced railgun to nex.
Perfect map for 1v1 and 2v2 games.

[Image: aneurysm-01.jpg]

Map is available on shirkhan.dynds.org:26510 and shirkhan.dynds.org:26520

TODO:
- nice textures for lights
- adjust the lights, because the original seemed darker <- partially done

Releases:
- aneurysm_b2.pk3 (latest)
- aneurysm_b0.pk3

Looks really nice!
Moved to Mepper

Nice, but missing textures in a file You attached

[Image: mqvekbazknocvfvhh93z_thumb.jpg]

no comment
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

You can't put a facepalm and then say no comment. That's effectively just like a comment.

Missing textures is a problem of Xonotic 0.1preview, it was released 2 months ago and since then, lots of new textures were added to Xonotic.
So either get development git version, or wait for Xonotic 0.2 Tongue

(02-06-2011, 07:18 AM)atheros Wrote: Missing textures is a problem of Xonotic 0.1preview, it was released 2 months ago and since then, lots of new textures were added to Xonotic.

Why dont you included them? you way is just extreme lazy.
I also think you dont spend much time on this retextured version
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

what do you mean?

(02-06-2011, 07:18 AM)atheros Wrote: Missing textures is a problem of Xonotic 0.1preview, it was released 2 months ago and since then, lots of new textures were added to Xonotic.
just awaiting that everyone uses the git version or waitis till the release of the next xonotic version doesnt work. Always take the last public release as a base. so included the missing trak5 and the trak 6 and 7 textures.

(02-06-2011, 07:25 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: I also think you dont spend much time on this retextured version
There many many unaligned textures. It would take a pretty long to align them all.

atheros Wrote:- adjust the lights, because the original seemed darker
I assume you didnt changed the lights. Its mainly because you used many trak5 textures, which have brighter color then the original rusty textures

Lights are on the TODO list, texture alignment isn't bad IMO.

Missing textures shouldn't be a problem anymore when 0.2 is released, which will happen soon (at least it's what I've heard), so wasting hours of including all the shaders/textures would be stupid. Also, isn't there a script that does it automatically?

(02-06-2011, 10:10 AM)atheros Wrote: Lights are on the TODO list, texture alignment isn't bad IMO.
the lights are the same as in the nexuiz version. the thing is you use brighter textures thats way the map is brighter.

[Image: ugwd8qxbyrtqzyxscbw_thumb.jpg][Image: z1n3f2rn4atq7ulsfw1n_thumb.jpg][Image: 18tjybq6frej0cqfxlr_thumb.jpg][Image: m1ayw4bnymmrrhtzl2la_thumb.jpg]
[Image: gc26wreu6gwyr6pp7od_thumb.jpg][Image: 9qdh9hjmar055h47d_thumb.jpg][Image: wtpfycr2r3vyztzvyft_thumb.jpg][Image: 7d9mpxj708px17nr77n_thumb.jpg]

at every red circle is either the texture scaling is wrong (the textures are way to small) or the the textures are not good aligned (the textures are cut at a corner)

(02-06-2011, 10:10 AM)atheros Wrote: Missing textures shouldn't be a problem anymore when 0.2 is released, which will happen soon (at least it's what I've heard), so wasting hours of including all the shaders/textures would be stupid. Also, isn't there a script that does it automatically?

there are 12 textures which arent included, from 3 different texture sets.
That means 15 files at a maximum for you to included,xonotic also gives you detailed informations which textures are missing, so it will take at a maximum of 15 min for you to include the missing files. Do you think thats too much to ask for?

In addition please change the item layout back to the nexuiz version

Once bugs/issues are resolved, this will be a good remake. Frankly, we're quite low on TDM maps (with bot waypoints).

I never liked the really dark maps, I think it looks just about right now. Also be sure you don't abuse the bloom, it can ruin a nice map (visually).

Cortez, seriously, texture bugs like the right circle on the last screen is something that can't be solve other than using only rectangular brushes.

On the second screen, I only get what you're showing me with the top right circle, but then try to adjust a texture to be aligned to all the trims/holes in that surface, it's impossible. Same goes for the tiles, if I align & scale them perfectly on one wall, I'll have to break the X/Y scaling on an other wall to align it too.

I like the effect of some of those textures if they are scalled down, so showing the time 3x horizontally is not a problem there.

A darker version I did few hours ago will be up in few minutes.

I just looked at all of the pictures cortez posted with the red circles and I don't see any problems with any of them. What am I missing?

textures badly aligned on brush border and textures scaled to 10% of the original, which Cortez doesn't approve.

(02-07-2011, 04:11 AM)atheros Wrote: textures badly aligned on brush border and textures scaled to 10% of the original, which Cortez doesn't approve.

scaled to 10% is way too low. the texture replicates way too often. maybe you could use a different texture, which is not a square and fits better at the corner (last picture, btw this is NOT a bug)

Quote:texture bugs like the right circle on the last screen is something that can't be solve other than using only rectangular brushes.
It can be solved with trims, extruding brushes relatively to each other, and so forth. And rectangular brushes don't necessarily mean poor looks. They can suitable in a place like this.

Ofc, but I only did retexturing and I lowered the lights most of the places have some sort of trims. Also look at the quality of the original.

How come it has two shotguns? There's bullet ammo around but no bullet weapons. Were they supposed to be MGs?

I think it's still unfinished and it's meant to be MG..atleast they should be MGs and not shotgun.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

As a (some time ago) fellow mapper who once took a stab at making a mirrored version of this map for CTF purposes, I can tell you that even getting this far with the map deserves a medal. :p

I do think cortez has a point, some surfaces do not have an appropriate texture. But cortez, seriously, there would not have been anything wrong with making the serious point in your first reply instead of playing the Captain Picardcard :p

As you were gentlemen!
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I doubt atheros will develop this map. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DUEL, DM, TDM] Canal ballerburg9005 3 606 02-20-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Baker
  [DUEL, TDM] Mid air remix Kotangens 3 1,589 10-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [DM/TDM/CA] Stone Sea _para 1 1,631 03-18-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Winsalot
  [DM/TDM] Spacebash derrant 2 1,744 08-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [DM/TDM/CA] C-Pit R4 _para 6 2,904 06-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: _para
  [TDM] Space Men! Mario 3 3,841 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: thearcoN
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,144 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [TDM]Voll aufs Maul FINAL Cortez666 37 44,083 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: zykure
  [TDM] Grudge Debugger 2 4,730 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [TDM] Minigrudge Debugger 3 4,705 07-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo