Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
public servers?

hey, played some hours of xonotic during our christmas-break in my company via lan. Unfortunately i had to do attendance service. But now im at home and cant find any public servers. Is this only meant to be played LAN only?
Or could you provide some public server IPs on which some action takes place?

Keep on the good work. Love the game.

Regards, Pep

Welcome to Xonotic, pepschmir!

There should be a bunch of server available, arenĀ“t they displayed in the list?

You definetely shuld be able to see servers, you don't need to do anything special for that.

Firewall problem i bet.

Welcome pepschmir. We indeed had some frags yesterday.
Fat.bot.Slim

Check if you have any kinds of filter used. You can see them on the top of the server list. You might have unchecked "empty" and "full" servers. By default it should be checked.

Anyway I think I saw you yesterday in-game so that means all problems were solved. Smile

To answer the OP question, there is a whole pile of public servers. So this issue is likely, as suggested above, some sort of firewall issue on your side. I cant say offhand what would create this issue for a client tough, it usually just work. Try getting rid of ~/.xonotic/data.config.cfg or my docs/my games/xonotic/data/config.cfg (rename/delete). If the prob presist, plz post in the help & ts section.

Oh and welcome to xonotic =)

Yes it is most likely your firewall. I had this same problem with some of the earlier Xonotic releases using Zone Alarm firewall. After I lowered the firewall security settings the public servers became visible. The current release of Xonotic seems to work ok now even at max security settings.

Another option is to go to one of the web pages listing xonotic servers, then copy and paste a server IP address in the game console, ie. in console type "connect xxxx" where xxxx is the IP you copied. That should allow you to connect manually.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow! Definitely going to setup servers! Kr3m 0 1,953 10-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kr3m
  [SOLVED] South African Servers? Tolgrath 5 5,183 11-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Gavin
  New to this game, looking for servers to play on and people to play with King_Dong 4 3,497 12-15-2015, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene