Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CTF Mapping Contest (by GlobalGamers)

^^
This.

It's an awesome map. When I was playing it, I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of routes you can take to the flag. Although some people might dislike this, I think this it's a good thing as it makes gameplay more interesting.

I like the flow, but it could do with more amour and health shards and moodier lighting would be welcome (the lighting looks a little dull atm).

Message me in IRC. Tongue

everybody, message Mirio on irc!
he just asked for it Tongue
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I have posted an early alpha layout here.

I am looking for feedback on item placement and layout.

[Image: lorn9zxtntljienheluu_thumb.jpg]

models are (of course) made by Soelen !
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Wow, I love the chairs Cortez! There could be a little more variety on the surfaces imo. Maybe add some items on the top of the tables. Also, are the walls going to have flashing lights and stuff? That would look awesome!

I think rocknroll237 meant the textures on the surfaces, not on the chairs.

Also, is the floor and made of chocolate? (Sorry, could not resist)

oh lol, your map is going to be awesome, guys.

With some fries, hamburgers etc on some of those tables and some Pyrias hanging around this scene would look even better!
Wink
Frogg on Instagram

chairs?! ... dang ... I was just modeling some chairs for my map ... ... ... looks like everyone is a couple steps ahead of me on this one ...

Very nice work everyone! VERY nice!

my submission:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3193
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Man u serious? I thought it only took you 1 day?

kuniu the frogg`s map looks epic, it really fits into Xonotic's art style and it looks fun too!

Another piece of junk for the pubs:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...6#pid44426

I guess I should probably plop my (unfinished) map here too

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3232

Say hello to SPIDEREX

[Image: Spiderex-progress.jpg]

It only looks so flat Big Grin In fact it has 4 levels

When can we vote? Smile

i guess that option will be avaliable after deadline for submissions, which is July 26th.
Frogg on Instagram

1 more week ... ... my map has gotten so large its almost burdensome to work on ... muh ...

Hope you can finish it hutty, it got so good visuals, and with some tweaks of the weapon and item placement it gonna get awesome gameplay too! Big Grin

(07-17-2012, 09:52 AM)machine! Wrote: When can we vote? Smile

why is that relevant? at the end its only up to Samual to declare the winner

I guess that's why:

(04-26-2012, 06:58 PM)Samual Wrote: Further Information
  • Winners will be decided by a Google Poll which will be open for everyone to vote on the maps provided.

(07-17-2012, 12:47 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: why is that relevant? at the end its only up to Samual to declare the winner

Because I don't want to miss the voting, and he never said any exact date for the poll.

(07-17-2012, 02:31 PM)machine! Wrote: Because I don't want to miss the voting, and he never said any exact date for the poll.

i guess he opens a poll when the contest ended, but why are you so anxious to vote?
All maps which are submitted so far are nothing special. Pretty generic and seen already a thousand times in other games but also in xonotic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Invasion mapping contest Kotangens 2 5,529 12-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: end user
Lightbulb [Easy Community Contest]- Rank Yourself Ridgebeam 18 9,380 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ridgebeam
  Mapping contest for duel maps (idea) RazorDodger 10 4,097 05-30-2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Xonotie Mapping Contest 2021 (winner: SirRanjid - vmmm) Antares* 28 13,586 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: _para
  Mapping contests participation Justin 17 20,804 12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 Mirio 81 75,166 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: shogun_assassin
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 - Brainstorming SPLAT 15 16,430 06-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Duel Mapping Contest (sponsored by Sapphire) asyyy 57 80,640 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Justin
  GlobalGamers CTF Mapping Contest Voting Samual 58 66,367 12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Speedmapping Contest Cortez666 12 14,932 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot