Create an account

Poll: Which is the best map submitted to the contest in your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
bluez_vs_redz (link) by Cortez666
14.29%
5 14.29%
Forts 'n' tower (link) by forseti
17.14%
6 17.14%
Abyss (link) by kuniu the frogg
25.71%
9 25.71%
Fickle CTF (link) by nowego
11.43%
4 11.43%
idecay (link) by nowego
0%
0 0%
SpiderCtf (link) by Justin
25.71%
9 25.71%
wink (link) by hutty
5.71%
2 5.71%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GlobalGamers CTF Mapping Contest Voting

Voting has officially begun for the GlobalGamers CTF mapping contest! You will have 2 weeks to cast your votes, at which point the winners will be given credit to spend at online retailers such as Steam, ThinkGeek, Google Play, Razer, etc as listed below:
  • 1st place: $100
  • 2nd place: $50
  • 3rd place: $25
Thanks to everyone who submitted their maps! Can't wait to play these fantastic maps.

To clarify some things, the mappers are not allowed to vote for themselves... If you choose to vote for another mapper, that's up to you, but it does harm your chances Tongue so I wouldn't Tongue Additionally, we'll be confirming every account that votes, to ensure no cheating (i.e. with multiple accounts). Finally, each author can only win once. If multiple maps from the same author rank, we will bump down to the next highest winner for the next placement.

I voted for Kuniu's map. Simple, smart layout plus some eye candy stuff, that can be adjusted in future updates. The the soul of level is beautiful.

Just want to say I voed only to see what the current ratio of votes was. I haven't seen all the maps and haven't downloaded any as I don't know how to incorporate them into my xonotic 0.6 file.

Please discount my vote as null as I don't want to Abyss as NULL as I don't want to unbalance the proceedings in anyway way.

Thank you.

Seeing the results is bad because people tend to follow what the majority says

That aside i'd like to say again good luck to everyone

i voted for Forts 'n' tower. I played it with many people on the vehicle server. It is real fun to do so. Very tactic/decision based.
Good luck forseti!

(08-28-2012, 11:18 PM)forseti Wrote: Seeing the results is bad because people tend to follow what the majority says

I agree, but unfortunately we have no choice-- there is no option for this on our forums, and Google Docs didn't work out like I thought it could.

Forseti's map has my vote also. Very original design that's simple to navigate on with wide open areas. I also like how he's incorporated the vehicles into his map as well. On top of it all, his map also has turrets and plenty of places to explore that can equal countless hours of fun. Keep up the good work Forseti! ^_^

Good luck to the rest of the competition as well!
[Image: 1222.png]

(08-29-2012, 12:22 AM)Samual Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 11:18 PM)forseti Wrote: Seeing the results is bad because people tend to follow what the majority says

I agree, but unfortunately we have no choice-- there is no option for this on our forums, and Google Docs didn't work out like I thought it could.

Hey! Sure we have choice, I showed it to you a couple of days ago. You didn't acknowledge it though. Please talk to me on IRC.

EDIT2: Removed edit1 which was wrong.

To avoid such missunderstandings I would suggest:
  • Trying all maps before you vote
  • Not posting what map have you voted on.
  • Posting advantages and disadvantages of each map
  • Do not persuade (OH, This map is incredible! And that one is so baaad Smile)

Good luck to every participanant!

Exactly! You got a great point there Justin! Just test out every map, make a prudential choice which one you like the most and keep your decision secret!

Just to let people know, we have put all the contest maps in rotation on our server: xonotic.globalgamers.net:26000

(08-29-2012, 09:53 AM)crimsaq Wrote: Just to let people know, we have put all the contest maps in rotation on our server: xonotic.globalgamers.net:26000

PERFECT! Rolleyes

(08-29-2012, 04:48 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 12:22 AM)Samual Wrote:

Hey! Sure we have choice, I showed it to you a couple of days ago. You didn't acknowledge it though. Please talk to me on IRC.

EDIT2: Removed edit1 which was wrong.
Oh I acknowledged it, it's a plugin though which I have no idea how to install... Perhaps talk with merlijn/Antibody.

either way, it's too late for this poll probably... Sad

Hmm, speaking of maps... the choice is dificult, I have my favourites... BUT I WON'T SAY WHICH ONES! Is it going to be a CTF tournament? On new maps? It would be awesome.

That..... is a brilliant idea.

Problem would be that most of the maps are big (except bluez_vs_redz), teams would have to be like 5vs5 or bigger, maybe something like only one big red team and a blue team and play all the maps to see which team wins? Like those football soccer games "friends of ronaldo vs friends of zidane" Tongue

(08-29-2012, 11:25 PM)forseti Wrote: Problem would be that most of the maps are big (except bluez_vs_redz), teams would have to be like 5vs5 or bigger, maybe something like only one big red team and a blue team and play all the maps to see which team wins?

guess why this map was made? there are not many good medium sized ctf maps.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

no need to prevent mentioning the map you voted for. you can always hit view results in lower left.
Not even needed to login.

Whoa, already 21 votes.

This thread is nearly 2 days old, and 21guys have played all the maps already?
You have no offline life, do you? ;-P

On which "normal" (meant: no MOD) server are these? Havent found most of the maps.
(Because, playing against Bots is like *argharf* and not at all a good basis for comparison for the "best map" vote.)
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

DCC CTF has few of them for sure

Sless:

(08-29-2012, 09:53 AM)crimsaq Wrote: Just to let people know, we have put all the contest maps in rotation on our server: xonotic.globalgamers.net:26000

the sever is located in NA i think
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Justin: I know, but not all. I think I'll add them on Transmutable later. =)

Kuniu: thanks, didnt know that. Because while summarizing the amount of votes + playing time + amount of maps which got to be played to compare left me a little curious ^-^ .
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

There are all worth to be on Laid Back.. Transmutable is pretty empty usually. Tongue

(08-31-2012, 12:17 PM)Mirio Wrote: There are all worth to be on Laid Back.. Transmutable is pretty empty usually. Tongue

they are on laidback
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Invasion mapping contest Kotangens 2 5,527 12-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: end user
Lightbulb [Easy Community Contest]- Rank Yourself Ridgebeam 18 9,379 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ridgebeam
  Mapping contest for duel maps (idea) RazorDodger 10 4,097 05-30-2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Xonotie Mapping Contest 2021 (winner: SirRanjid - vmmm) Antares* 28 13,585 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: _para
  Mapping contests participation Justin 17 20,800 12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 Mirio 81 75,165 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: shogun_assassin
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 - Brainstorming SPLAT 15 16,430 06-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  FOTM December/January VOTING! Mirio 7 10,474 12-31-2012, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Duel Mapping Contest (sponsored by Sapphire) asyyy 57 80,637 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Justin
  CTF Mapping Contest (by GlobalGamers) Samual 110 126,089 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Samual