Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Player Badges

Today I'm happy to release player badges into the wild. What's a player badge, you say? Welp, take a look at my sig! Yeah, that.

How do you get one? Check the following URL for your image:

http://stats.xonotic.org/static/badges/[YOUR PLAYER ID].png

You can find your player ID by going to your player page in XonStat and looking up at the URL (e.g. mine is stats.xonotic.org/player/6, so 6 is my player_id). Alternatively you can search for yourself using the search box in the upper right of XonStat.

Big thanks to zykure for generating these images using Python's cairo library and to all the feedback from the community. You all rock!

Things I'm still working on:

X MOAR FASTER. Generation is already pretty quick, but I think I can make it a bit faster.
X Xolonium. I need to configure the images to use the Xolonium font. It's using a default Sans at the moment.
X Find the right update frequency. Currently every 4 hours.

I hope you all enjoy!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Thanks zykure and Antibody!

Awesome as usual Anti and thanks also zykure.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

These are pretty sweet.
[Image: 2879.png]

I'm not too sure I like the design (colors and general bulkiness) enough to enjoy seeing this used as signature in every second post :X

@MrB - this is iteration 1, it will get better

Nice job, thanks! Big Grin
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Good job old chap! Very nice idea. Smile

EDIT: THE WIN RATIO ON MY BADGE IS WRONG!

(08-27-2012, 03:42 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I'm not too sure I like the design (colors and general bulkiness) enough to enjoy seeing this used as signature in every second post :X

Just looking at this thread now I totally agree with you! I've never liked images in signatures.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Thanks for the positive feedback people! Big Grin

Like Antibody said, the project is still considered to be work-in-progress; and especially the artwork is not finished yet. Also just now I managed to fix some issues with some really awkward playernicks (everyone who's using a "^" in his nick, I'm looking at you!).

(08-27-2012, 03:42 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I'm not too sure I like the design (colors and general bulkiness) enough to enjoy seeing this used as signature in every second post :X
Haha, every second? I'm aiming at something like eight in ten posts! Tongue
No seriously, we hopefully manage to have dynamically generated images sometime in the future, so that people can adjust the styling to what they like. Also, what's wrong with the colors? Wink
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Right - we could have several skins. Archer is already working on a different skin. I'd hope that someone could create a minimal one using this same information!

zykure, are you willing to accept new designs? People could provide a layered source (say, GIMP xcf) and you'd write the corresponding skin...if the design was accepted, that is! We could take, say, the top 4 designs to allow for some variation.

(08-27-2012, 04:54 PM)zykure Wrote:
Haha, every second? I'm aiming at something like eight in ten posts! Tongue
No seriously, we hopefully manage to have dynamically generated images sometime in the future, so that people can adjust the styling to what they like. Also, what's wrong with the colors? Wink

I mean the solid background color instead of mostly alpha. I personally wouldn't mind having regular text over 100% alpha with minimal formatting as an option Tongue

umm ... how do I figure out my player id?

Antibody, read my post. It's pretty urgent! My win ratio on my badge is way lower than what it is on xonstat.

(08-27-2012, 05:29 PM)hutty Wrote: umm ... how do I figure out my player id?

You search for yourself in stats and read it from the URL

(08-27-2012, 05:30 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Antibody, read my post. It's pretty urgent! My win ratio on my badge is way lower than what it is on xonstat.

You're not the only one complaining about this! But I have fixed that issue a few minutes ago, now be patient for Antibody to merge it into Xonstat and run the next update Smile

hooray!
[Image: 1991.png]

I updated the badges this morning using the new code. Let me know if you have any issues.

Also I'll be trying out the transparent background later today, so don't freak out when the background goes away Big Grin.

Update: Meh, looks like wins still aren't right.

My win ratio is good now!

(08-27-2012, 05:11 PM)Antibody Wrote: zykure, are you willing to accept new designs? People could provide a layered source (say, GIMP xcf) and you'd write the corresponding skin...if the design was accepted, that is! We could take, say, the top 4 designs to allow for some variation.

I don't know how this will work out in the end, but I'm open for new design ideas for sure! Smile

Basic skin support is now implemented in the badges generator, and I already set up a "minimal" skin as an example:
[Image: vZjl2YQ]

One of the bigger problems I ran into is support for alpha masking in Cairo: I can use an alpha-masked overlay (loaded from a PNG file) on top of the background texture. But what I can't do is use a fully transparent background and put the overlay on top of it (resulting in some semi-transparent image in the end). Using a alpha-masked background image directly doesn't work either, so I really don't know how to fix this. The example above therefore uses a plain background color which matches the bgcolor here in the forum (yes, workaround is the correct term Wink).

The minimal design is a real improvement, looks great!

Something different: How can I add text beside my stats picture? (like you did, zykure)

(08-28-2012, 03:33 PM)Maddin Wrote: Something different: How can I add text beside my stats picture? (like you did, zykure)

Haha, you're not the first to ask me that Big Grin

It is just a html-like table created with BBcode:
Code:
[table][tr]
[td][url=http://stats.xonotic.org/player/9216][img]http://stats.xonotic.org/static/badges/9216.png[/img][/url][/td]
[td] moar text [/td]
[/tr][/table]
You can of course use more than two columns in the table, or put your text on the left etc.

im not even posted in xonstat to check out my id :\

nvm i got it
[Image: 10253.png]

Cool Stuff guys Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing ulp (eventlog parser) dyin 7 10,144 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM