Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Realistic muzzle velocity

Muzzle velocity of M16 rifle is 948 metres per second.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_(rifle)
Muzzle velocity of most Xonotic weapons seems to be less than 30 metres per second which is unrealistic.
Xonotic weapons should have same speed as M16.

Okay.

Well, first of all, welcome to Xonotic!

Secondly, I think this is the craziest suggestion I've ever seen on these forums! Big Grin

If you want realistic velocity: Go to the range IN REAL LIFE
If you want xonotic velocity: Play xonotic.
Period.

(10-09-2012, 01:29 PM)js123 Wrote: which is unrealistic.

Welcome to the genre of arena shooters.

(10-09-2012, 02:02 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Secondly, I think this is the craziest suggestion I've ever seen on these forums! Big Grin

Didn't someone suggest ironsights a while ago?
Edit: also this:
(11-16-2010, 03:40 PM)Mirio Wrote: I thought about a "disarm" function (something similar to the Shotgun secondary) that you can slap an enemy and you get his weapon that hes using at the moment.

[Image: 2576136-obvious_troll_wedding.jpg]

Xonotic weapons are unrealistic? OH RLY?!

I find it strange that somebody would take time to play an obviously unrealistic futuristic game just to suggest to make it more realistic. Same thing for the other thread by somebody else who thinks that real weapon models are more fitting.

I mean seriously... Why play Xonotic in the first place & try to make it something else? There are (more or less) free software projects of semi-realistic shooters out there (Urban Terror and Assault Cube come to mind) - they also could use some suggestions/help/whatever and they are already what the OP tries to get out of Xonotic (except maybe for the graphics).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Quote:the other thread by somebody else
Or is it?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(10-09-2012, 01:29 PM)js123 Wrote: Muzzle velocity of M16 rifle is 948 metres per second.
Muzzle velocity of AK-47 is 715 meters per second.
_____

Are you kidding?

Imagine a Rocket launcher that launches rockets at a speed of a kilometer per second. Yeah, it looks overpowered. if xonotic weapons had such velocities, it would be a sniping-explosive-massacre.
Giving such... unimaginable muzzle velocities to Xonotic's weapons would totaly unbalance the weapon system, and God only knows what Samuel would do to balance it.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

There was a mutator in ut2k4 like this, it was called "Super Berserk" & all in all it was good for a few laughs ;-)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie