Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Community Fragmovie - Promo -

Video 
[Image: banermovie.jpg]

I am collecting frags for Xonotic Community Fragmovie.
If you have some really nice frags, quadruns, caps or funny scenes, send them to
zeroql23@gmail.com

Also if you have awsome name for a movie plz post it Smile

Sending demos:

Just rename your demo similar to this (no readme necessary)
Mirio_crylinkmidair_11min00sec.dem

and use hud_panel_timer_increment "1"

Player wich will be in movie, so far:

kojn^
fisume^
Mirio
asyyy
[BOT]kuniuthefrogg_
(dear)Mepper
ZeRoQL
Sless
srkdy
AprO
Debugger
Antibody
C.Brutali
halogene
Bolwind

Possible names for movie:

The Bananas
CitonoX Reactivation
Xonotic Unleashed
Rising from the Ashes: Xonotic
Asyyylium
Elemental
Nex of Tears
Rocket under ribs
Sharp Thought
Abyss
Wild Beginning
The Fire of the Game
Flames in the Megaerebus
Spirit of Xonotic
Wings
Killing Xone (5 votes)

... suggest more! then we gona do a vote Smile

DOWNLOAD THIS PROMO HERE(best quality / youtube sux Sad ):
http://www.mediafire.com/?x37rel0a3nov5he

Resolution: 1680x1050
FPS: 60 FPS
Size: 113mb

Music(from 4:45):
Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chill Mix)

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

That is some very nice video editing! Also the last part with the logo is great... you should make that available for official videos Wink

That was awesome! In the full video, make sure you don't get carried away with slow motion and overdo it though - fast paced action is the most fun. Slow motion is great when you don't really understand what happened and a replay would help.

Also yeah, the ending logo animation looked cool! How'd you make it?

(03-25-2012, 06:58 PM)nikki93 Wrote: That was awesome! In the full video, make sure you don't get carried away with slow motion and overdo it though - fast paced action is the most fun. Slow motion is great when you don't really understand what happened and a replay would help.

Also yeah, the ending logo animation looked cool! How'd you make it?

Hehe, well i needed to use slowmotion scenes, since i dont have much to work with.I have all planed how to do it, just need some epic stuff from you guys Smile

Logo animation was done in after effects Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Really awesome! Big Grin Can't wait for the hole thing!

I sent some stuff to your email Big Grin

GEMA!!! Aaaaahhhhaaaahahhhahahaah!

music sucks.
trololo.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Keep sending frags ppl, and also it would be nice to suggest some names for movie Smile

what about Bananas are good!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Why so sarcastic, cortez? What about CitonoX Reactivation? Wink Srsly, ZeroQL: you didn't fullfill me with your trailer, but I enjoyed watching it. Just expecting more from the guy with experience like you. I won't send you my frags cause I don't have a lot that could live up to your expectations, But I think Fisume, Kojn, PCLizard you and Mirio is already quite a lot. How long your video's gonna be>? Is there anything I can help you with? I can come up with some usefull ideas when it comes to editing but I can't make them by myself cause now I don't have much time. GOOD LUCK with your movie.

Looks great so far.
Haters make me Smile, or Sad, dunno

(03-27-2012, 07:46 AM)Justin Wrote: Why so sarcastic, cortez? What about CitonoX Reactivation? Wink

no im not sarcastic. im serious. it would be different title and much better then this generic titles for most of the frag videos
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(03-27-2012, 07:46 AM)Justin Wrote: ZeroQL: you didn't fullfill me with your trailer, but I enjoyed watching it. Just expecting more from the guy with experience like you.

I think he just made this very quickly Justin so thats why, so some of the CAMs are pretty good imo considering how quick he put it together. I am expecting a lot better final production value for the final video from him, color correction, music etc Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'll look for my demos too.

* CuBe0wL grumbles again... effin "pr0" weapon trails...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Trailer looks sweet. But it would be better, imo, without hakked effects.

* tZork joins C.Brutail's grumbling

I don't see how it's 'hakked' effects, it's just changing the nex colour and making the mortar trail easier to see. Also there's nothing to say it's cheating, because it really isn't. In normal video's it is really really hard to see at full-detail. I really don't see what's wrong with it, except obviously for it not being standard if people think Xonotic looks like that as Vanilla, but look at other FPS game movies out there like, QW,Q2,Q3 etc, and how often the effects are different from vanilla.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

It is "hakked" since it is using modified data - this is not something you can achieve by tweaking the games settings. It is as unfair advantage because, as you say kojn, its easier to see. As such is easily defined as cheating, if used in game (and i certainly do hope you don't). That's not my point tough, its rather that i would like see it recorded the way it looks in game - if those effects don't do on video its likely we need to change them in game too. As for how much other games fail, i could not care less Wink

Do not take this to serious, its just some random tough's on my part.

Anyways - zeroql, looking forward to watching this regardless of how you choose to render it, what i saw so far was enjoyable. Keep it up!

So that's what the rockets look like!

Title: "Trolled to frag"

Nice promo, nice idea.
Demos are to come.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

This is what I see above as a youtube preview:

[Image: axakkodj7lrmfoa3jo6.png]

And when I try to replay it I get a message that youtube cannot play it in my country due to licensing issues with the music. Sad

But apparently I make a splendid victim again, nice that I make it into the video. Must be because I'm good for decorations Big Grin

I'll try to find some interesting frags too myself, but I hardly do frags, and even if I do they're not spectacular and even if they are I forget about them and never find them again. So don't wait for me...

Edit: oh lol you posted a mediafire download too. Well never mind me, I'm just here for decorations.

Another edit: good ideas in the video, I like especially the last closeup through the shotgun scope - would be cool if you had an opponent behind the scope. But the idea of fading from scope closeup into the final logo screen is very nice.

I would also recommend to use vanilla projectile trails and in general vanilla effects IF you intend to make it a promotion video. Because if anyone sees this video and then enters into the game it would be a great surprise if the game looks different than its promotion. Also inclode the post-processing effects if you pick up strength, imho those look really badass.

For a similar reason I'd also recommend to use official maps only, there ARE quite nice official maps around, so for promotion we shouldn't promote stuff the user won't get unless downloading extra content that doesn't "ship" with the game.

Now if you could use music for the video that you got the license to use for this purpose (i.e. within a promotion video for Xonotic), that would be absolutely awesome, as then we could post it on our front page if it's done - which would be the best promotion effect ever. We already had an awesome trailer made by fisume with lots of very cool ideas and a great music, which couldn't be published on the Xonotic front page due to licensing issues, which personally makes me rather sad due to all the nice ideas and work put into it. Please don't let that happen to your promotion video, if you can avoid it. So the most important thing imho would be to use a music score that you can acquire the proper licenses for. It might be even worth just asking the artists directly, if it's a small label, maybe they give you a world-wide, irrevocable license to publish the video with the music score if you ask nicely and if you put their name into the vid as credits. COULD BE, I won't bet on it, but asking is for free Smile In case they handle their licensing through a collecting society like the German GEMA, chances are pretty low you will get a free license though.

For the name, some brain storming:
  • Xonotic Unleashed
  • Rising from the Ashes: Xonotic
  • Levelup (though this might require some scenes from Nexuiz)
  • WTF OMG AUSTOM (ok brainstorm is over here)

Ok I go through some demos tonight or this week, stay tuned and keep up the good work!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(03-28-2012, 03:46 AM)Halogene Wrote: And when I try to replay it I get a message that youtube cannot play it in my country due to licensing issues with the music. Sad

I also hope he will pick an youtube friendly soundtrack for the final release.Would suck if half of the interested people couldnt watch it without using proxys Big Grin

Guys, zeroql is working on a community frag movie, not an official trailer for the game. I'd agree about using youtube friendly music so it's not blocked in most countries, but otherwise it's a bit pointless to suggest things like using official maps and such, that's not why he posted this promo video here. It's a sample of what he can do, the point is to motivate players to send him frags so he has enough content to make the real video.

I think it is safe to say that no one wants to unnecessarily limit anything that ZeroQL is doing. At the same time, if we didn't mention the constraints for getting it on our own website I feel like we'd be missing an opportunity. It's better to be completely transparent from the get-go so that no one's expectations differ from what we can do in reality. In other words if he WANTS it to be on the main website then there are certain hard limits (music) and soft limits (effects/fonts) that we should talk about. If not, carry on! We'll all enjoy the video regardless of which path he takes.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Agree to Antibody's post to full extent. I was possibly mistaken by the term "promo video", assumed it was intended as some official promotion.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video DODGER | A Xonotic Fragmovie (2022) zeroql 0 1,132 03-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: zeroql
Video XONOTIC SUMMER BASH FRAGMOVIE (2021) zeroql 0 984 06-22-2021, 07:38 PM
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,580 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,618 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
  "New fragmovie" Wolf-Snipe 1 2,267 01-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: benchfrooser
  'Mediocrity' Xonotic Fragmovie thimo 10 6,237 11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,829 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
  Rush - A Xonotic Fragmovie Islinn 4 5,284 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Video Demo timestamps for Xonotic World Cup 2016 Fragmovie zeroql 31 23,807 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Xonotic Fragmovie - thearcoN fragshow 1 thearcoN 3 3,698 07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Ch4mp