Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

A simple question for now: How do i start playing the game. I haven't installed anything yet and need the most recent download (confused about .5 and git).

Thanks

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1863

- download the autobuilder^ and extract the package
- execute the bat file (Windows) or sh file (Linux) and wait for the download to be finished
- in a subfolder there is the complete game
- play and have fun
- to update your game just run the bat/sh file again

Wink

Star 
Where I can download all Xonotic Custom Maps? Please give link or if you have all maps already, please make attachment.

take a look

here: http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?n

or here: http://mapdl.xonotic.eu/samual/

also we have a mapping section on this forums, but i don't know about all custom maps uploaded anywhere in one package
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Just wondering, how do I update to the newer version(s) without losing all my settings?
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

What OS? If you're on Linux then your settings are in ~/.xonotic rather than in the game directory itself. Otherwise, you need to copy Xonotic/data/config.cfg across when you upgrade.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Oh, Mac OSX.
I don't see a config.cfg file
Don't see any xonotic folders in my Library folder... hm...
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

edh, wrong. On Linux or Mac OS, the user data dir is in ~/.xonotic, and on Windows it's in My Documents\My Games or somewhere else in your user dir. It's only in the install dir when the user dirs fail AFAIK, or when the -nohome commandline option is used.

Space Ace, just extract the new Xonotic in a new directory, launch it, and see if your settings are fine. If they are, feel free to remove the old Xonotic directory. Your settings are probably in your home directory, in /home/spaceace/.xonotic/, which is a hidden directory so you can't see it in the finder if you haven't configured it to show hidden files.

Thanks!
I finally found the config.cfg file.
Home > Library > Xonotic > data > config.cfg
I was looking in the HD > Library folder.

Yeah, last time I updated it, my setting did disappear, and I previously spent a hour fiddling around with settings to get things working nice and smoothly with enough detail etc.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

If the old settings appear when you launch the new version, you can safely delete the old version Smile

I haven't had time to download the new version or play it and am curious if username registration is required to track stats?

cl_allow_uid2name 1+cl_allow_uidtracking 1 is everything u got to have to track your stats with your name.

(03-10-2012, 11:29 PM)Apr0ph1z Wrote: cl_allow_uid2name 1+cl_allow_uidtracking 1 is everything u got to have to track your stats with your name.

I see, but what if someone uses the same name as you?

Dont worry,someone who steals your name cant ruin the stats unless he plays from your pc.Imagine it like that:your client generates some kind of userid just for you.If u reinstall the game u also get an new userid.People with the same name are possible but would be tracked separately since they have different user ids.Thats how i understood it.

(03-10-2012, 11:39 PM)Apr0ph1z Wrote: Dont worry,someone who steals your name cant ruin the stats unless he plays from your pc.Imagine it like that:your client generates some kind of userid just for you.If u reinstall the game u also get an new userid.People with the same name are possible but would be tracked separately since they have different user ids.Thats how i understood it.

Ahh I see, kinda like Steam where you can change your name infinitely, but everyone has a uniqu number.

Cool!

Hey, new to this game although I was a big fan of Nexuiz. Here are my questions:

1. How do you turn off auto weapon switch? And why is it not on the options menu?
2. I figured out how to adjust my FOV myself through the console, but why isn't THAT on the options menu?
3. Is there a way to adjust your zoom FOV and zoom sensitivity? Having my sensitivity slowed to nothing when I use the zoom is really annoying, and I use a high FOV and would like my zoom FOV to be lower.
4. Why does the single player mode get stopped at the relic mutator level? No bots spawn and I'm running around the map all alone
5. Why isn't it more clear that you have to go into multiplayer if you want to play vs bots? It's not exactly self explanatory, and Instant Action has no customizability. I was really confused about how to start a custom bot game until I figured it out.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: OK, I figured out autoswitch and zoom FOV and sensitivity, although why they were under multiplayer instead of settings is beyond me. Is there a fix for the bots getting stuck on walls, especially in levels with water? Also, is there a way to turn on variable hitsounds (like the kind that decrease in pitch the more damage you deal)?

I don't think hitsounds vary, but that's a cool idea actually.

It kind of makes sense to make gameplay-related client settings in the Player Setup, and it kind of makes sense to have Player Setup in the multiplayer window, but altogether it's indeed a bit confusing... Perhaps Input could be moved to Player Setup somehow and then we can rename "Settings" to "System Settings". But there are some menu changes underway anyway I think?

There is no "custom bot game" per se, the "create" tab is mostly for LAN games as far as I know. I don't know why it doesn't get much attention from the devs. That tab used to spawn a public server (i.e. visible in the server list over the internet) but now it's strictly private, so it makes much less sense to call it "create" and put it just next to the server list.

I think the two points above deserve a topic of their own, would you mind copying that into the suggestion box forum?

As for your fourth question, I'm not aware of a runematch level in the campaign?! Which level is that?

All the stuff 1.-3. are handled in the Player Setup.

You could move "Input" and call it "Controls" I guess.

5. should be clear for you if you come from Nexuiz. Tongue Can't think of better solution right now - Maybe moving it in the window where the campaign is.

Yes, the Runematch level is broken - that is known.
The problem is that the map had Runematch support when it got added to the campaign, but that support got removed later.
At least it's at the end of the campaign so not a huge problem, there are 3 levels after it.
It should be fixed soon.

I forgot the command how to skip a level right now, maybe someone else can post it.

@MrBougo: I think it's Level 19 or 20.
Also the menu changes are in 0.6 already (i.e. new "User" tab; "Network" gone -> Misc; Player Setup clean up [thus he could not find the options at first]; etc.).

Obvious tip: you can cheat campaign by editing \data\data\campaign.cfg So you can skip that faulty level (and race levels too if you have problems).

Quote:Line 25 "rune","darkzone","5","10","50",,,"Runematch: Darkzone","In a Runematch you can pick up relics and they will give you some extra powers - some are good, some not."

Actually it's Level 21, and yes, there are only 3 maps after that one to be played.
Also, it's a known bug which will be fixed 'soon (*)' as Mirio said already.

*could also mean in the next release Wink
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

I do wonder if Runematch is indeed to be removed though.

(03-15-2012, 05:27 AM)Mirio Wrote: @MrBougo: I think it's Level 19 or 20.
Also the menu changes are in 0.6 already (i.e. new "User" tab; "Network" gone -> Misc; Player Setup clean up [thus he could not find the options at first]; etc.).

Well, I guess the menu still needs some more improvements then.

Had to delete and redownload Xonotic 0.6.

I unzipped the folder but now what do I do with it? It's extracted to my desktop. There's xonotic, xonotic-sdl, xonotic-dedicated, etc etc etc. Which am I supposed to use?

I run a 64 bit computer, quad i7 Toshiba Satellite 9755, no mods or changes to the laptop from when I got it (other than small CCleaner things and the like). My OS is Windows 7.
Angel Dum dum dum~ Angel

(03-15-2012, 03:47 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't think hitsounds vary, but that's a cool idea actually.

I think the two points above deserve a topic of their own, would you mind copying that into the suggestion box forum?

As for your fourth question, I'm not aware of a runematch level in the campaign?! Which level is that?

Yeah, variable hitsounds are a feature I got used to in Quake Live and TF2, although actually turning it on is a hidden feature which you can really only access through the console. in QL, Hitsounds 0 means no hitsound, hitsound 1 means nonvarrying hitsounds, 2 means more damage = lower pitch, 4 means more damage = higher pitch. So it's easy to tell if that shotgun you just fired was a direct hit or just barely grazed your target. In TF2, you set each pitch individually, again through the console, but by default both the max and min are the same pitch, so you have to change it for variable hitsounds

I get stuck on level 21, and on the menu, it says it's a runematch.

(03-15-2012, 08:24 PM)MCG Wrote: Had to delete and redownload Xonotic 0.6.

I unzipped the folder but now what do I do with it? It's extracted to my desktop. There's xonotic, xonotic-sdl, xonotic-dedicated, etc etc etc. Which am I supposed to use?

I run a 64 bit computer, quad i7 Toshiba Satellite 9755, no mods or changes to the laptop from when I got it (other than small CCleaner things and the like). My OS is Windows 7.

ALSO, what sounds and graphics do I need to turn off? I have music and ambient off, graphics at lowest.. I'd like to see the game pick ups in 2D (3d is honestly an eyesore for me Sad Especially with my cold) How do I do that?
Angel Dum dum dum~ Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,626 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,176 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,390 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,999 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,821 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,090 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,127 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,686 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,671 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin