Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonos,a Xolar/Nexus modification

Xonos ia tha modified Xolar/Nexus version for xonotic made by Morhped.

You can ask me questions about it.

This model was thoroughly tested and checked after Morphed created it so no updates but i might add an odd skin if Morhped agrees and if i find the time Big Grin
[Image: steam.gif]

Ta da.

Attached Files
.png   xonos.dpm_0.png (Size: 198.52 KB / Downloads: 357)

*sees screenshot*
HOLYSHIT

Shock Trooper and I love you. Tongue

At the first sight, I thought that he has vagina in his face. Or maybe problem is with me...

OI DONT JOKE BOUT MY MODEL!!!

Very nice my dear Droid. They called Erebus a heavyweight soldier, well, if Erebus is heavyweight, this one has obesity Big Grin

But his face a vagina? Nah....

That looks different Tongue

Looks awesome! What I really like is that the ratio between the weapon and the person is right. Look at he other player models; they are too small for those heavy-mega-über guns.

Yay! That's how I see playermodels for Xonotic! This is HEAVY!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(09-06-2011, 09:14 AM)Droid Wrote: Xonos ia tha modified Xolar/Nexus version for xonotic.

You can ask me questions about it.

This model was thoroughly tested and checked after its creation so no updates but i might add an odd skin if i find the time Big Grin

Droid, the model you just posted was created by Morphed. Is this a mistake? If not please edit your original post and remove all links unless you have explicit permissions by him.

(I really hope you didn't do this intentionally, otherwise you might be facing a ban from this forum)

Does it support the shotgun secondary animation (slapping)?

If not, I wouldn't call it a working Xonotic model.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

tcorse i didnt do it i just ported from nexuiz

since nex is kaput and its a cool model for xonotic i put it in

Attached Files
.pk3   xonotic-xonos.pk3 (Size: 7.62 MB / Downloads: 13)

just that i add skins Tongue

ubj qb v vaireg eto?

guvf ybbxf fubccrq
v pna gryy sebz gur cvkryf naq sebz frrvat dhvgr n srj fubcf va zl gvzr

I didnt give any permissions to droid also this model is not ported in any way, nexuiz models just work in xonotic, they are missing shotgun melee animation and play death animation instead. All he did is he renamed files to xolos from xolar and call it its own.This model was not added to xonotic because 1/3 of his head extends over bbox. This new skin is just a masterpiece, droid is so pro he needs to press only 1 button to create new skin, why we didnt think about using invert colors on all our textures to add more skins for everything. I see what you did there and i dont like it Tongue

But seriously: original Xolar was not released under GPL.

Had you asked Morphed in advance, he might have given you permission, but he has not been asked. Artists like being asked for permission to use their stuff Tongue

But as it is now, you have to either find an agreement with Morphed now, or remove the pk3s from the forum and possibly other public places you put it on (this includes it being downloadable on a server). However, you still can distribute it to friends/clan members, as copyright law does not restrict that, but putting it on a public Xonotic server, or a public web site, would clearly be illegal.

EDIT: even if you do pick the personal-use option (i.e. not distribute it in any public way, only to people you actually know), you STILL are required to not claim authorship, i.e. you STILL are required to properly credit the author!

Morphed: apart from the skin issue, do you generally give permission to repack the unmodified model with original name and credits (modified are only the txt files, as Droid did - which also looks mostly right, didn't check closely though) for Xonotic? His first pk3 may actually be a good version of that, even though it does lack the shotgun slap anim. If not, that's fine too.

Which models in Nexuiz are GPL and which are not?

I didnt know it was our morphed thought it was other and in future i will do more skins instead of invert Tongue

ps:any 1 got this model in .blend form only?

EDITBig Grinoes engine support md2,md5,or any other formats?

(09-07-2011, 07:12 AM)Mirio Wrote: Which models in Nexuiz are GPL and which are not?

All in Nexuiz.

My mistake, this Xolar model was released with Nexuiz in the svn repository, but not in any official release.

However, even then, you have to fully follow the GPL, which means retaining credit, including the license file, and source data as required by the GPL.

A .blend sure does not exist, Morphed does not use Blender.

wat does morphed use then?

AFAIK, quite a bunch of different tools, one being 3DS Max.

(09-07-2011, 08:42 AM)divVerent Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 07:12 AM)Mirio Wrote: Which models in Nexuiz are GPL and which are not?

All in Nexuiz.

My mistake, this Xolar model was released with Nexuiz in the svn repository, but not in any official release.

Thanks.
But Xolar was already in 2.0. Huh

(The pic in the data.pk3)
[Image: ue6gh6zpx7nl8w04nuv.jpg]

(09-07-2011, 10:54 AM)Mirio Wrote:

All in Nexuiz.

Thanks.

and in 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc. Download one of the zip files from source forge and you'll see for yourself, the model was in there when I first started playing about 4 years ago.

(09-07-2011, 11:50 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 10:54 AM)Mirio Wrote:

All in Nexuiz.

Thanks.

and in 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc. Download one of the zip files from source forge and you'll see for yourself, the model was in there when I first started playing about 4 years ago.

Nope, these Xolars were another Xolar Tongue

This model pack is based on the "unreleased" (svn only) "new xolar".

gn qn (jub hfrf ebg guvegrra bhgfvqr bs aagc?)

Attached Files
.png   nexuiz_svn_xolar.png (Size: 241.1 KB / Downloads: 132)