Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome video editor for GNU/Linux! :D

Look what I found google'ing! Smile

http://code.google.com/p/flowblade/

Now I don't have to use Kdenlive anymore! (i don't like to have QT on my box, kdenlive itself is quite good Tongue )

What do you have against Qt? It's an awesome framework IMO, loads of features and it's light & fast at the same time.

(note: Qt is not the same as KDElibs)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

PiTiVi?

Thanks for the information machine! (heh lol, self completing sentence Big Grin)

(07-06-2012, 01:32 AM)Loafers Wrote: PiTiVi?
PiTiVi is nice but tends to crash a lot...

(07-05-2012, 11:24 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: What do you have against Qt? It's an awesome framework IMO, loads of features and it's light & fast at the same time.

It's yet another huge (92 megabytes) graphic toolkit dependency that I only use for a couple of apps. That's why I'm not too fond of Qt.

@Cyber Killer
Exact same reason as Mr.Bougo told. I got nothing against QT I just prefer to have only 1 toolkit on my box, which in my case is GTK2. Smile

(07-06-2012, 03:36 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 11:24 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: What do you have against Qt? It's an awesome framework IMO, loads of features and it's light & fast at the same time.

It's yet another huge (92 megabytes) graphic toolkit dependency that I only use for a couple of apps. That's why I'm not too fond of Qt.
And yet Xonotic takes up well over a gigabyte decompressed. It's probably even larger when not compiled.

Also, AFAIK GTK has no GUI tools for creating GUIs and is considerably harder for programmers to work with, because they need to visualise everything in their heads.

Hypocrisy everywhere. Tongue

(07-06-2012, 06:27 AM)Evropi Wrote: And yet Xonotic takes up well over a gigabyte decompressed. It's probably even larger when not compiled.
I know, it's a game, games are pretty large. In my opinion toolkits should be small and useful, not large and slow.

(07-06-2012, 06:27 AM)Evropi Wrote: Also, AFAIK GTK has no GUI tools for creating GUIs and is considerably harder for programmers to work with, because they need to visualise everything in their heads.
LOL! Look at this Wink = http://glade.gnome.org/

(07-06-2012, 06:27 AM)Evropi Wrote: And yet Xonotic takes up well over a gigabyte decompressed. It's probably even larger when not compiled.

Also, AFAIK GTK has no GUI tools for creating GUIs and is considerably harder for programmers to work with, because they need to visualise everything in their heads.

Hypocrisy everywhere. Tongue

I'd rather not install another 96 megabytes of GUI libs. Where's the hypocrisy about that? I didn't say I refuse to install Qt (I have it installed already), it's just that it seems very redundant (unlike Xonotic, which is not redundant with anything and is completely irrelevant to this topic). No need to get angry!

Also, if Qt is better than GTK as you say and if it could shrink a little in size, I would have no problem with everything GTK moving to it. I'm not a GTK fanboy.

(07-06-2012, 06:32 AM)machine! Wrote: LOL! Look at this Wink = http://glade.gnome.org/
I hope this isn't what FrontPage is to webpages. How much clutter code does it generate?

Mr. Bougo! Wrote:I hope this isn't what FrontPage is to webpages. How much clutter code does it generate?

It's quite nice, it generates a XML file and that's pretty much it! Smile

(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote:
Mr. Bougo! Wrote:I hope this isn't what FrontPage is to webpages. How much clutter code does it generate?

It's quite nice, it generates a XML file and that's pretty much it! Smile

(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote: it generates a XML file

(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote: XML

*shudders*

It's quite nice program actually! Tongue

@Mr. Bougo - GTK can't be compared with Qt. It's a different kind of library, GTK is like wxwidgets - gui only. Qt on the other hand is a complete application framework, which has gui widgets in addition to a load of other stuff. Qt is the same category as e.g. .NET (here's a general list of all the stuff that's in Qt - when you take that into account, the 100MB disk space it takes is really little).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

i am on the other side of this where most apps I use are qt ... only the few important ones like gimp -- inkscape -- chrome -- filezilla -- vlc are gtk ... otherwise I would prefer to use a qt based system ...

anyways ... nice find ... I love new software finds

Actually VLC is written in Qt ;-).

(07-07-2012, 04:42 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote: It's quite nice, it generates a XML file and that's pretty much it! Smile

(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote: it generates a XML file

(07-06-2012, 04:17 PM)machine! Wrote: XML

*shudders*

It's not that bad. Except, if you're using anything other than C, you'd subclass your windows, and Glade has little support for that. Fortunately, you can add containers without toplevel, so there's that.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

@Cyber Killer: oh okay. Still doesn't change that I'm not too fond of dependencies shared by a couple of programs Tongue But I see your point. Fair enough.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need recommendatons for best wireless PC gaming mice and keyboards for Linux CyberGhost 5 1,041 01-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Rendering with one graphics card, outputting video with another. Can it be done? Lee_Stricklin 0 3,217 08-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Made a Quake Champions frag video check it out zeroql 4 4,822 08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
  8 Craziest Guns In Video Games zeroql 5 5,809 12-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Sick Quake2 Frag Video SPLAT 8 8,637 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Surround Headset for Linux - experiences? Halogene 2 9,413 05-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Linux/FOSS game awards voting open now poVoq 3 6,597 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: poVoq
Video unfa goin' crazy: "Split Scat" (a really short music video) unfa 3 6,997 11-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: unfa
Video I'm a crazy drummer (video) unfa 6 8,918 09-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Linux Mint to overtake Ubuntu? satuim 21 24,008 09-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: edh