Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New, and confused.

Im new here. Kinda lost haha
I started playing Xonotic like 4 hours ago, played like 23 campaigns missions and wanted to play some multiplayer
But, the game seems dead. I mean, there are like 500 servers online, but only 3 or 4 have like 2 people on it.
Is there something im doing wrong or what?

This game shows promise. I've been playing Quake Live for a while but there are lots of limitations that are pissing me off, so Xonotic looks like a VERY viable alternative, but as i said, game looks dead, at least on the servers that the multiplayer browser shows.

Any help would be nice. Cheers.

Welcome.
The majority of players is from EU, so this might be a reason. Usually we get 300-400 players per day - http://stats.xonotic.org/

Try joining some of the Xonotic irc channels: #Xonotic.pickup #Xonotic #pac.xon for either pickup matches or to setup a quick game.

EU or NA player? Either way, Welcome Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

Hi and welcome! You might want to have a look at the Newbie Corner, too, even though you have solid FPS experience :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome to Xonotic!

Another reason why there is nobody playing right now is simply because it's Monday and the majority has to work/study/whatever. :oP Most games are played at the weekends. As SPLAT suggested you might want to join #xonotic.pickup on irc.quakenet.org to easily set up a game.

Good fun and have luck!

Welcome!
[Image: 65153.png]

Eh. I'd say we have about as many players as QW. And most of our players aren't always off playing TF custom servers. No, they're all of playing insta+hook. :-D

Hi!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Im new and you can pm me to 1v1 Infradragon 2 1,620 07-17-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  New to xonotic, not new to Canada! Snollygoster 10 5,876 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  new user and old mapper Kamakazi 4 3,810 03-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  New to this game, looking for servers to play on and people to play with King_Dong 4 3,488 12-15-2015, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  New player (and maybe developer?) vizhu 2 3,821 12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  New (and possibly un-active) Member commodore256 6 4,887 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237