Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

Crylink is my favorite weapon, so thank you for making it look awesome!
I do agree that some times it's hard to tell the weapons apart in fast passing. It's been this case for me for a while.

Ok, I've played on Jeff's server to see it in action. It's even worse in the game. It lost all personality such as its convex shape, a display and became yet another gray blob. I don't like Xonotic becoming a gray/brown military shooter.

(09-18-2017, 05:26 PM)Morphed Wrote: [Image: LHycN4D.jpg]
Progress on Crylink

I like the model detail. I prefer the preview version without the textures applied however, there seems to be more contrast between sections in that version. For example, the red crylink in the screenie appears all black where as the preview-crylink there's definite white area and grey area. It might only be the lighting though.

Slightly looks like those handheld vacuum cleaners.
Xonotic exists for a long time and low player count is the proof that nobody wants to play Xonotic since it is a bad game by default.
- Lyberta, 2017

It looks fine in hand:
 [Image: R2Ck7tm.jpg]
[Image: 230.png]

Umm.. i am afraid it became a little bit too generic looking. It simple does not have the slick alien blob character it used to have.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(09-24-2017, 09:56 AM)aa Wrote: Umm.. i am afraid it became a little bit too generic looking. It simple does not have the slick alien blob character it used to have.

Exactly.

I like the model but I prefer the color scheme from the first concept. Something with a negative explosion force has to be pretty high-tech so a shinier and lighter look would fit it better IMO.
[Image: 30381.png]

Idk if I'm the only one to notice, but the new mortar and crylink model have a siluette that resemble the old models a lot. With a quick glance, I don't always realize/notice the difference. I also play with r_showsurfaces 3 which disables textures, which further enhances this delusion. I think it's a good thing, still wishing for LODs though Tongue

As for the texturing on the new model, I kind of half agree with some of the critics here. The dark gritty parts don't look very good, but on the other hand I like the lighter gray parts. It however looks better on morphed's screenshot and significantly worse on Mario's. Is it the fov or the lightning? I don't know. I still prefer this one over the old overly glossed model though. Gloss and low resolution texturing just doesn't mix together well.