Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DUEL] Graphite (WIP)

This is a duel map I've been working on for a while. It's still a work in progress, so any feedback is welcome.

Current version: graphite_b2.pk3
Version b1: graphite_b1.pk3

Screenshots:
[Image: DLYOI.jpg]
[Image: 4Eke5.jpg]
[Image: sNz9z.jpg]
[Image: jvug9.jpg]

Nice work!
The map geometry is simple but looks effective.
It looks like there are enough items for the down player (2x50a + shards) to collect, but it needs playtesting to confirm Smile
A few suggestions:

- Maybe add some trickjump to get to the 100a here:

[Image: 1505574702.jpg]

- From here, you can view through all the map width on both the left and the right:

[Image: 1505574920.jpg]
It looks like a good spot to camp :<

The map is available for playtesting on PsyX duel servers.
Stats | Maps: CTF: disarray, vinegar, metro DM: labyrinth Duel: cucumber, quark.

So far i got nothing to complain about.
It just needs some texture so you can orientate better.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Thanks for the feedback guys.

(09-16-2017, 10:18 AM)SpiKe Wrote:  - Maybe add some trickjump to get to the 100a here:

You're not the only one that's suggested I add some sort of trickjump to get to the armor. I'm on the fence about adding one, since the idea was to force the use of the blaster to get there.

(09-16-2017, 10:18 AM)SpiKe Wrote:  - From here, you can view through all the map width on both the left and the right:

I hope this doesn't turn out to be an actual problem. I guess we'll find out once more games have been played on it.

Maybe add a couple angled walls at some of the corners? So you can do 90 degree ricochets with mortar.

EDIT: I agree with you on 100a, it's fine without a trickjump. The platform could be a bit higher though so it wouldn't be as easy to reach from the bottom level (25hp).

Download: graphite_b2.pk3

Changes:
  • Redid the lighting.
  • Added a teleporter in the 50a room above the Mega Health, making the lower teleporter in the Mega Health room a two-way.
  • Made one set of two-way teleporters glow red for easy identification.
  • Added angled walls at some corners for mortar bounces.
  • Added a small ramp jump to the Mega Armor.
  • Made the side path to the Mega Armor slightly bigger.
  • Changed the lower 50a to a 25a.
  • Added a small ramp jump to the 25a.

I would like to thank everyone that gave me feedback in-game and on IRC.

Hi t0uYK8Ne, Just had a quick run around the map - the layout seems to be a good size for deuling or small DM games. In general I liked what I saw, however I'm not a fan of the Mega Health location, I prefer placing all Mega items in challenging locations - if you like that location, keep it there, it's your map.

It'll be interesting to see what the map looks like after you've started to doing the final texturing...

Thanks for the feedback munyul.

I do really like the location for the Mega Health; before releasing b1 I never considered moving it. The only reason I started the map is because I had the idea for the room (the placement of the Mega Health was an important part of it) and wanted to see if I could make it look as good as I imagined. The rest of the map only exists because it felt incomplete.

As for texturing, I'm not really sure what I will do, but I hope I can come up with something nice.

Map walkthrough of graphite. Enjoy!

asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hi Antibody, as always nice walkthrough - one comment, that small trim at the Mega Armor can be used to ramp-jump to the MA, infact I made it the first time I tried and I'm not all that good at Xonotic movement, however I haven't made it a second time and I've tried a few time Wink

Thanks for taking the time to make the video Antibody.

I had the same concern about the distance between the two megas until I started looking at other duel maps. I found that most (if not all) maps with both megas have a similar situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Duel] Quark SpiKe 21 5,227 07-30-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [DUEL] Tuhma (FINAL) Smilecythe 22 4,171 07-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  xonotic-maps-extra.pk3 - Most Duel Cup maps and removed official maps in one pk3 northivanastan 1 494 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: northivanastan
  [Duel, 2v2] antares-dm1_b1 Antares* 7 1,840 05-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Last Post: _para
Rainbow [RELEASE] Aggressive Heights [DM/Duel] munyul 21 11,243 02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: munyul
  [Duel] bmn1_b2 (WIP) Beemann 7 1,696 01-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [DUEL]Phrantic - Final Cortez666 23 5,137 09-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Justin
  [WIP] mvxdm04 - Duel / FFA map munyul 18 6,538 09-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: munyul
  Boil - DM, duel, 2v2 kuniu the frogg 13 5,090 12-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [DUEL]lutz_v1 Cortez666 5 2,620 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Cortez666