Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new "strange fork" project from Nexuiz

I found on the web some days ago using Youtube another strange fork coming to Nexuiz :

https://trinity.gtxstudios.com

From some video on youtube looks very closely similar to Nexuiz
I dont know if you know about it but i post here only for info.
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Looks nice, I'll keep an eye on the project, thx for sharing it Smile
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Book marked. Weird, it looks like this project was conceived shortly after Xonotic was.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Very weird indeed. I wonder why the "developer" hasn't advertised it here or on the nexuiz forum? What's all this then?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(11-28-2010, 05:34 PM)Halogene Wrote: Very weird indeed. I wonder why the "developer" hasn't advertised it here or on the nexuiz forum? What's all this then?

Just posted on the forums, hopefully I'll soon find out. Gameplay wise it seems to have similarities judging by the video, though no weapons except the laser were shown. The art seems to be a different sci fi style though.
GOT A RESPONSE:

"Hi Lee, Welcome to the forums!

At the moment it *looks* like a fork of Nexuiz, but by the time it is finished, it is going to be radically different smile The main reason of not grabbing any attention, is that at the moment we don't really want to. We're still in a pre-alpha stage, and want to test things thoroughly before we go ahead and start promotion.

Nice to hear from you, and thanks very much for the comments!

Davey"

Thread here
https://trinity.gtxstudios.com/forum/topic?id=39#p155

Oh wait.

Good to see /\/\042 good stuff about Open Source FPS games Smile I h0pe they VV177 be successfull.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Lee_Stricklin Wrote:At the moment it *looks* like a fork of Nexuiz, but by the time it is finished, it is going to be radically different

So they are going to make it "not a fork of Nexuiz"? And have they forked Darkplaces, as well? This entire thing sounds a bit off, but I guess I'm just being overly suspicious Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

From what I've read he got interested in the engine that powers Nexuiz and used Nexuiz content because he didn't have a whole lot of stuff built at the moment.

"Just reading back here and missed one of your questions. What's the project about.

Well basically, myself and Nik had been creating maps for another free FPS. We'd contributed them, and also contributed some game code and applications. We had a discussion and decided to set about creating a new open source game as a challenge.

After some deliberation, we settled on the DarkPlaces engine, and dropped in the nexuiz game data so we could get to creating content, and testing. It's so much more structured to replace content, than it is to anticipate what is needed. Hence, the Nexuiz models at the moment.

The game itself is going to have a futuristic feel, and will include standard game modes such as CTF, Deathmatch, etc. but will also include a "ship" mode. In this mode, you take command of a ship and battle against the other team in dogfights etc. Can't say too much about that at the moment.

Hope that answers your questions.

Davey"

More on this link:
https://trinity.gtxstudios.com/forum/topic?id=39#p155

Oh wait.

(11-28-2010, 04:44 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: Looks nice, I'll keep an eye on the project, thx for sharing it Smile

Ty C.brutail ... glad to be usefull Big Grin

Talking about this project, i mean trinity, it looks like a sort of pure continuance of Nexuiz instead Xonotic because Xonotic is a sort of "remake" of Nexuiz with more powerfull stuffs and features. Two different way to see the Nexuiz's fork i suppose ...

Lee_Stricklin Wrote:From what I've read he got interested in the engine that powers Nexuiz and used Nexuiz content because he didn't have a whole lot of stuff built at the moment.

Imho the most interesting thing is the total style of this new project.
I looks like very very similar to Nexuiz not only for models but also for the weapon balance and physic
We know this two things will be very different in Xonotic ... weapon balance, models, textures, physic and others.
So this project can be very intresting to follow.

Lee_Stricklin Wrote:it looks like this project was conceived shortly after Xonotic was.

Maybe they realized Xonotic would be very different from Nexuiz .. so they decide to make a sort of fac-simile of the original one.
I suppose this reading this piece :

trinity dev Wrote:The game itself is going to have a futuristic feel, and will include standard game modes such as CTF, Deathmatch, etc. but will also include a "ship" mode. In this mode, you take command of a ship and battle against the other team in dogfights etc. Can't say too much about that at the moment.

Ship mode ??? It look very similar to the walker/spiderbot idea in Nexuiz or not ???
I mean this idea : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28gpcc_CH...re=related
Using some robot/ship fighting inside a map Smile
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

I just hope they get where they want to with that project, the plans sound nice. But I am a bit sceptical whether the available human resources are sufficient for accomplishing that. I do wish they are.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Trinity Wrote:We had a discussion and decided to set about creating a new open source game as a challenge.

After some deliberation, we settled on the DarkPlaces engine, and dropped in the nexuiz game data so we could get to creating content, and testing. It's so much more structured to replace content, than it is to anticipate what is needed. Hence, the Nexuiz models at the moment.

I guess that is why it looks like Nexuiz at the moment.

Trinity Wrote:At the moment it *looks* like a fork of Nexuiz, but by the time it is finished, it is going to be radically different

Its interesting.

Quote:Newest User:
theShadow

xD
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How popular was Nexuiz? Gwlanbzh 11 10,208 08-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Vore Tournament (game forked from Nexuiz) MirceaKitsune 140 242,280 10-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  Nexuiz (Steam) Back from the dead? Totally_Cool 15 14,015 04-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: tZork
Video Project X-RAY! zeroql 5 6,295 10-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Last Post: aa
  Project Nex kojn^ 71 71,081 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Q3 and Nexuiz for Xonotic. grigorii 13 17,613 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: grigorii
  How do i play Nexuiz servers with Xonotic? MarkJonez 6 17,963 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Tesseract Initial Release (Sauerbraten-Fork) Loafers 42 48,614 06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Last Post: end user
  Nostalgic Nexuiz unfa 0 8,050 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: unfa
  PROJECT: Dota 2 for Linux Exitium 7 12,523 07-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Loafers