Create an account

Poll: Which track can I take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The laws of physics
7.34%
13 7.34%
Experial May
3.39%
6 3.39%
23 (v. 8)
3.39%
6 3.39%
indivverent
5.65%
10 5.65%
three point fourteen
3.95%
7 3.95%
Waves
3.95%
7 3.95%
Draswa
3.39%
6 3.39%
kojinsmokin
8.47%
15 8.47%
Loopy-Schwoopy Tune
1.13%
2 1.13%
also t
7.34%
13 7.34%
prideroar
3.95%
7 3.95%
35 (v. 5)
1.69%
3 1.69%
nospeek
2.82%
5 2.82%
Analogish
3.95%
7 3.95%
29 (v. 04)
3.39%
6 3.39%
Mummy
2.26%
4 2.26%
NonBeast
4.52%
8 4.52%
No more
2.82%
5 2.82%
Afterlife
3.95%
7 3.95%
36 (v. 1)
2.26%
4 2.26%
Hamster
1.13%
2 1.13%
Heavy Metal
8.47%
15 8.47%
Stone Hard (Xonotic)
4.52%
8 4.52%
The wall
6.21%
11 6.21%
Total 177 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Music Poll The Third

Please vote for the tracks you would like to hear IN GAME (not in the menu, but during actual playing).

Click the tracks to play/download before deciding. You can select any number of tracks you like in this poll.

NOTE: You are not supposed to vote here if you turn off music anyway

As before, a number of the top voted tracks will get accepted, a number of the bottom ones will get rejected, and the remaining ones will be left for the next poll.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

And BTW: Thanks to Mirio for collecting them from the forum. Was a great help.

I collected 60 songs but a lot of them were lacking sources, so if you want to have them in the next poll include the source in the topic where you posted the song! They are not rejected.

See the list of songs with missing source here: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/561#note-2

kojnismokin is well SMOKIN! good Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Hm... well, I'm really picky about music. =p I listened to all of the tracks, and here's my thoughts on the ones that stood out to me:

Waves: It's a little too minimalistic for my taste, but it has a really nice atmosphere to it that might fit a particularly more gritty/dark map, so this one gets a vote.

Draswa: Mentioning this one because I really like the structure, it's just completely lacking in sound. =[ Would get my vote if this was drum n bass.

Kojnsmokin: This song seems to indicate we should avoid Kojn at all costs when he's been smoking. xP Anyway, similiar to waves, this has a nice gritty and sinister atmosphere to it. Gives me a ruined/mystical forest kind of vibe.

also t: This is more like it! Lay those beats down. =]

Nonbeast: I really like this one! This would be great for a cathedral type map or something.

Afterlife:[/b] A little on the fence on this one... but it's interesting so I will vote for it nontheless. Perhaps fitting for an alien-tech themed map?

Pretty much all the other tracks for me really lacked a vibe that suits a highly fast paced, competitive frag fest environment. Generally faaar to minimalistic and don't have a flow that pumps you up. Need more songs like that 'Malfunction' one imho. =p

i suggest playing a good night of gaming with all of these over the top , use some decent speakers too , then make ya decisions , crappy speakers will not show the true colours of the tunes (but you knew that anyway)

t

:^

..and then vote for Draswa. Tongue

t chooksta! You´ve got a point there!

Beyond that I really like "Stone Hard", it is definitely a candidate for one of my next maps!

I'm genuinely surprised people like Experial May with Xonotic.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Bump Wink we need more votes...

You might get more votes if there was an easier way to listen, ie soundcloud or other streaming, most people will not go to the trouble of downloading each song.

Also, people that have their music turned off might have it turned off for a reason...

What, an easier way? If I click on the link, firefox opens a tab and starts playback... how could it possibly be easier? Listening to all of them as a playlist? But then do you really sit down and listen to each track individually in order to be able to evaluate it properly?

Huh
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

All of this is really, really bad Sad

(08-15-2011, 11:12 AM)waterlaz Wrote: All of this is really, really bad Sad

Well if you don't like it, maybe tell us why?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I dare to think you might have missed something... Wink
(08-14-2011, 10:45 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Also, people that have their music turned off might have it turned off for a reason...

Do you mean that the music presented here is too good to be used just as a background and needs to be fully enjoyed by listening to it exclusively in a dark room and perfect silence?

No? Oh... Hmm. Well... Yeah.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(08-14-2011, 10:45 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Also, people that have their music turned off might have it turned off for a reason...

indeed

(08-15-2011, 02:49 PM)unfa Wrote: Do you mean that the music presented here is too good to be used just as a background and needs to be fully enjoyed by listening to it exclusively in a dark room and perfect silence?

now you exaggerate.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Well, some like electronic music and some don´t. You can´t change that. Simple but true.

I think you're right, Maddin. It would be easier to understand if men wrote "I don't like it" instead of "it's bad". Everyone has his own point of view.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

ya just cant please all the nerds , all of the time.

fair enough :p

t

:^

(08-15-2011, 07:25 PM)chooksta Wrote: ya just cant please all the nerds , all of the time.

Haha! Well said! Big Grin

Chooksta, master of summing it up the chicken way.

Note: tomorrow, poll's closed. Last votes please... Tongue

This is brutal and definitive ... but I have to admit that I also have some mitigated feeling, tbh.
I hesitated quite a long time before posting this. I did too some electro music quite a long time ago, and I do know that proposing your own creations to others ears requires courage. And I do respect that a lot.

The "problem" I have with 90% of proposed tracks is twofold:

- the inspiration of a lot of tracks is most often interesting, but all those sound like they have been made with synthetizers I had 20 years ago or with cheap MIDI waveform preset. This applies both on melodic and percussive sounds. Also, some sonorities are used in a "raw" manner, without any effect at all. Imho, more effort should be spent to include musics which sound more like "professional" productions.

- a lot of composition sound like anarchic and/or amelodic. I'm far to be against this form of freedom. Art is Art. Future Sound of London is a great example of electro bizarre music I love. I'm just not sure that this is optimal to support a game. Or It could be, but then, the form has to be much more mastered (which is then related to concern #1).
Fat.bot.Slim

(08-17-2011, 08:38 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: all those sound like they have been made with synthetizers I had 20 years ago or with cheap MIDI waveform set. This applies both on melodic and percussive sounds. Also, some sonorities are used in a "raw" manner, without any effect at all. Imho, more effort should be spent to include musics which sound like more "professional" productions.

Yay. I heard some tracks here and there that sound "raw" and I encourage people to use subtle reverbs, distorions, filters, equalizers, play with modulators...

When I look on LMMS Sharing Platform I see majority of tracks made with factory presets and without use of mixer and effects. That's what people do when they are just starting up, later they find out that there are a lot of things they can do to make their tracks sound better and original. But I don't think a lot of people go this far.

It's a lot of work to make a good track that has some structure, not trival synths, interesting beats, isn't chaotic and so on... But I think we have at least 3~4 people here on this forum who has some solid knowledge on making electronic music and they make good use of all these tools.

There's nothing wrong with using presets (especially when trying to reproduce sounds of well-known instruments), but you can't just slap them on everything and force yourself into believing it's good (Hint: It rarely is).

Back when I was dabbling in an obscure program called House eJay, I learned that if you try, you may as well be prepared for a lot of headhurt. All presets that aren't immediately recognized as fitting should be only used as approximations of what should the instrument sound like.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lightspeed map poll Mario 8 18,079 07-27-2016, 08:13 AM
Last Post: aa
Question Official CTF maps poll #2 Mirio 7 11,655 09-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Official CTF maps poll FruitieX 9 18,406 11-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Last Post: -z-
  Second music poll divVerent 2 7,176 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Last Post: divVerent
  INGAME Music for Xonotic divVerent 13 17,387 08-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Last Post: divVerent