Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM] Atomforge

Indoor DM map using new exomorphx textures, not really ready yet (e.g. some textures are a bit chaotic in some areas) but it's ready for some in-game tests. I'm especially interested in how would it work for duels, as we have a tourney soon and maybe this map would be added for mappool (if there will be general agreement that it's good enough).

anyway, download it HERE

screenshots are HERE
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

nice map.

here are some suggestions
[Image: mu3vx8um5cgpwycue9o_thumb.jpg][Image: 314plj8uvtrks70gu6_thumb.jpg][Image: rwymkfipzwhwr8aw7kg_thumb.jpg][Image: ecu5q34cyrl4kpdwg_thumb.jpg]
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Excellent work! I didn´t saw a good map like that one long time ago.

Concerning duels: It might work but I think it´s a little bit too big, well we have to test it.

Please clip things so that players don´t stuck when moving around or want to use a jumppad. Wink

There are brushes which z-fight near the storeroom.

Pretty good. In a good way reminds me of old school Doom and some of the more cramped maps in Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark. The only issues I see with it are the ones that Cortez pointed out, the fourth screenshot in Cortez's post threw me off a bit as it looks like someone could walk in the room that's blocked off.

try breaking up the elevation a bit more, and also try breaking up the hallways a little bit as well.

other than that, looks great!
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Nice job, keep going its gona be a good map. Me too its remind me my old doom stuff.

Played this earlier on my server -- definitely is a promising map! Big Grin

I think there needs to be a bit more variety in the styling though, but not really sure how to do that.. For me it's just slightly too grayscale -- know what I mean? I wonder if morphed could make a colorized set of these textures, or something like that...

As for the gameplay itself, it's really pretty great already.. however haven't played in duel or such yet, so we'll see after that (especially about item placement) -- also, theShadow's suggestion is possibly a good idea too ^_^

you could maybe use some textures from other sets to break it up a bit
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Map is very playable. Great Duel map! I like these textures, imo u don't have to change them. (mabye they are a bit too gray but it doesn't matter)
Items placement is good.
Spacious areas and nice connection between rooms.
Kuniu! You make the best Xonotic maps!!!

tinted light can work wonders with this sort of texture work Wink

map layout seem quite interesting, tough i haven't had a chase to play it online yet.

Definitely needs a color theme.

Map size seems about right for small CA, maybe a bit large for duel.

That spot right under the rocket launcher where you can fall in and then get out of only by using laser is on purporse? If so it works.

Little update. I changed a layout a bit to get rid of those long corridors, also i mixed teleporters a bit and added crylink.

Download HERE
(also in first post)
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram