a medium ctf with fast gameplay.
designed by the ideas of the CON-Clan.
should work for 3vs3 pickups.

If you want it do it yourself !!!

DOWNLOAD: http://ompldr.org/vZjg5aA/bluez_vs_redz.pk3

EDIT:
Its on overkill and the DCC ctf server.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice addition to the quake arena style map very classical. Would you mind if I have a go putting some sounds together for this before you add one of the default tracks on it? I would very much like to at least try to have a go a one of the heart pumping phat beats.

pretty good layout and stuff like windows etc
the version on DCC did not have shadows I think.

nice layout, but the corridor leading to the main room (on the button) is too straight. I would diversify its shape:

[Image: corridor_shape.png]

First is the way it is now, second and third are two options you should think about. It will delay players, because currently I m making capture in 9 secs.
I will give more feedback soon.

(08-25-2012, 09:40 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: the version on DCC did not have shadows I think.

the version from this thread is identically with the version on the dcc servers

(08-24-2012, 11:43 PM).Danny. Wrote: Would you mind if I have a go putting some sounds together for this before you add one of the default tracks on it? I would very much like to at least try to have a go a one of the heart pumping phat beats.

feel free to do it.

(08-25-2012, 11:09 AM)Justin Wrote: nice layout, but the corridor leading to the main room (on the button) is too straight. I would diversify its shape:
First is the way it is now, second and third are two options you should think about. It will delay players, because currently I m making capture in 9 secs.

i wont change anything there.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Seriously I was going to make a huge post about layout...
However I have some feedback about item placement and few 'issues', will you hear me?

The lightning issue: It's extremly strong (have you tried your map with bloom? It kills your eyes) And on high settings the map lags (probably because of lightning, but I can't put a reson on that... mabye extremly complcated lightmaps?)

The flag is placed on invisible box which might cause some difficulties (being an obstacle or bouncing granades of it) It can have a negative impact on gameplay, but mabye not. Its very small problem to be honest.

Could you please make clipping on these arow details showing the way to base? Players can bump into them and stop immeditaly.

Middle area: What about placing mega armor instead of rocket launcher there?

Map is easy to move around in circles.... circles, circles, CIRCLES! hey! Just kidding. Very good design of the room behind the flag (the one with mortar). I love it.

Visuals: Nothing to say there.

believe it or not i have thought about the layout! If you want to make a huge post about the layout feel free to do it.

bloom is broken in 0.6. Its way too extreme.

if you want to do any changes, feel free to do so. The map source is included (haha Samual, what do you say now!).

Cortez, I'd encourage you to add a disclaimer saying "I don't want feedback, if you have some, keep it to yourself" to your map release threads, in order to avoid misunderstandings.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

No offense, but I have the same feeling as Halogene. :/ I used autobuild to test your map, btw. Although including the map code is a compulsory, right? Its GPL.

You only have to include source IN CASE you release it under GPL. But if you do, releasing the source is mandatory, yes.
My Xonstats Profile

No, you don't even have to. You have to provide sure means to get to the source. It could be just contact info.

(08-27-2012, 05:24 AM)Halogene Wrote: Cortez, I'd encourage you to add a disclaimer saying "I don't want feedback, if you have some, keep it to yourself" to your map release threads, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

take a look at the first post. "if you want it do it yourself". I got the feedback i needed. Im done with the map, but if somebody wants to do something. he can do it. i wont stop anybody from doing it.

Regarding the source:
I added for the reason i posted before. Yes its GPL.
You can do what you want. feel free to do it. I wont stop you and i cant stop you.

"If you want it do it yourself" - I thought you were referencing Samual's line there, stating that you wanted something and did it. Not that it means that you're not willing to consider any suggestions and that you're entirely done with the map. But ok, I know what you mean by that now, however, maybe my line is less ambiguous Cool
My Xonstats Profile

This map plays really well on both normal and overkill CTF. Good job Cortez! Big Grin

The only thing which annoys me (and others), is that flags can fall into the lava in front of the flagpoints, and are then almost impossible to retrieve. The obvious fix would be to return flags after some time.
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

If I remember correctly that can be done by simply placing a trigger_hurt brush (be sure to set dmg to something really low) in the exact same position as the lava. Should fix that flag problem then.

the flags should auto return after some time anyways ...

Maddins way works, and yes after quite some time flags to auto-return, but the most straight forward way is to put a common/nodrop brush in places things should not drop Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,635 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,126 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,380 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario