Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
in/cm per 360?

I come from playing a lot of Counter Strike, where all the pro players have really high in/cm per 360degrees, so I'm just wondering what everyone uses for Xonotic. I have mine set to 10.25 inches per 360 right now.

What is that? How do I set it? Tongue

It's your mouse sensitivity. You set it using the mouse sensitivity setting in the menu. Then you measure how many centimeters you need to do a 360.

The menu doesn't ask you to set cm/360, because that wouldn't be practical from a coding point of view due to variations in hardware and polling rate.

Hmm, i play at 1.4 cm / 360° Big Grin
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

My sensitivity: 4.1 (400 DPI) = 25.4 cm (10") / 360°.

Whatever works.

If you really think, that this will help to improve your skill, search for topics like this one:
http://www.esreality.com/post/1907380/es...pi-thread/

For cm/in/360° calculations you can use http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm
[Image: 12684.png]

Thanks for the links!
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

I play at 4,9cm/360°, but sometimes I forget to select the right dpi setting on my mouse and then I play with 2,9cm/360° and wonder about my awesome nex shot miss rate.

I don't bother about calculating, I just measured this :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Mine - around 60 mm, as measured from my hand moving without a mouse, following a mental order "turnaround"(twice)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I play with ~9cm/360°, though at the very beginning I used to play with 3cm/360° (I remember that Diomedes didn't think it was possible Big Grin ).

I was reluctant to lower my sensitivity, but I don't regret it because my nex accuracy improved, and I feel more comfortable now :p

Currently adjusting to a new setup of ~6.5 in / 360 (16.5 cm)

wow... insane sens all of you

45cm/360°
17.7in/360°
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

You must have a large desk, Kammy!
We have grown up in tight comunal flats, where every cm counts!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

UPDATE:

after recieving my new artisan mouse pad, sensitivity felt a bit high at my current settings...

so after a bit of dpi adjusting i'm up to 51cm/360 (20in/360)... lol

not that it actually makes my aim any better though
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

Y'all got me curious.

I just measured mine: 8cm/360 (6.1875in/360)

4cm/360

32cm/360, which used to be the exact width of my mousepad, Steelseries QcK medium. Nowadays I have the larger version but the sensitivity remains.

2.0 sensitivity in-game (800 DPI)
25cm/360
10in/360
I use a Steelseries Rival on a Razer Goliathus Control Mousepad (The biggest one).
[Image: 237.png]

resurrection:

~50cm/360, no mousepad - 800 DPI

i currently use some old razer starcraft mouse that was lent to me by a friend, until i buy a new one for myself, probably something from steelseries as their mice are light, simple, functional Big Grin 50cm might seem like a bit much but i move my arm a lot and since i dont use mousepad + my keyboard on lap, it's all good

I was at 30cm/360° but then started playing CS and changed to 36cm/360°.
At least I think my aim got better Big Grin

also this is the best* website on the internet
http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

*exeptions apply
How to Englich?

apparently, my way of putting the keyboard is "russian style" Big Grin

also, lol, looking up at what i quoted as being my previous sensitivity (16.5), i must have made a miscalculation somewhere! i never had such a drastic jump Tongue i was likely closer to 50 than i measured

Around 9.5cm/360° (3.8in)

I don't move my arm a lot and play more with wrist. I used to have a bit less like SpiKe! (though not 3cm Big Grin ) and got a little accuracy increase after reducing a bit the sensivity. And I hit the corner of the keyboard with the mouse a bit less often…

By the way I didn't know about this way to measure sensivity independently of hardware and software. It will be usefull when going to a game center.

(04-26-2014, 09:46 AM)Karamel Wrote: Around 9.5cm/360° (3.8in)

I don't move my arm a lot and play more with wrist. I used to have a bit less like SpiKe! (though not 3cm Big Grin ) and got a little accuracy increase after reducing a bit the sensivity. And I hit the corner of the keyboard with the mouse a bit less often…

By the way I didn't know about this way to measure sensivity independently of hardware and software. It will be usefull when going to a game center.

if you use wrist at a certain angle with the desk it can lead to RSI! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury) it's always better to use the load-bearing part, your arm - and on the excellent website cvcxc mentioned, there is a page explaining why it is objectively better to have a lower sensitivity: http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?page_id=1139

32cm/360, 1000hz pollrate, 400DPI. has worked fine Smile i used to play with way faster sens, like 20cm/360, but my shit aim made me slow it down. (ah well, aim still sucks like 25% so no biggie). Interestingly fast sens ppl are having, i once tried to play with Skiddzies 2cm/360 during one game and when i tried to turn around once, i think i did like 4time turnaround-spin in the air Big Grin

I already have a bépo keyboard layout (French Dvorak), so let's get crazy and reduce sensivity by half Big Grin

I cleaned my desk to have some space to move and it was very odd at first to move and aim with large arm movement. But it's impressive how things get clearer at long range or while jumping and so.

I lost a bit of reactivity in close combat but I think it will come back quickly. Adopted Smile I'm now at around 22.5cm/360 instead of 9.5 (9in instead of 3.8), I may reduce it a bit for those tricky turn-around jump and close combat.

I still have to buy an ergonomic mouse and a biiig mat

(04-27-2014, 04:09 PM)Karamel Wrote: I already have a bépo keyboard layout (French Dvorak), so let's get crazy and reduce sensivity by half Big Grin

I cleaned my desk to have some space to move and it was very odd at first to move and aim with large arm movement. But it's impressive how things get clearer at long range or while jumping and so.

I lost a bit of reactivity in close combat but I think it will come back quickly. Adopted Smile I'm now at around 22.5cm/360 instead of 9.5 (9in instead of 3.8), I may reduce it a bit for those tricky turn-around jump and close combat.

I still have to buy an ergonomic mouse and a biiig mat

hell yeah man, you are getting there! Smile it's much easier, i think, to measure the distance of big turns (180 degrees and more) with your arm than with your flimsy wrist, no? and you also have finer control over close combat, once you get used to that. So i wouldn't reduce, at least not permanently, but that's me of course Smile

well, i see you put your weapon on the left side of the screen - does this mean you use the mouse on the left side on your desk? if so, there are very few mice designed for left hands (I am left-handed in everything else but computer mouse), so you should probably look at ambidextrous products. i can help you out more with choice if you like

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frames/Per/Second Linux 2022 Joff 3 1,385 01-16-2024, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Annata23
  Alter sound settings per game mode W4RP1G 22 26,410 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237