Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
map - WIP - Aggressive Heights

Is the new version up in any servers? Iirc there was a conflict of name and version for example in wtwrp last time I checked. Would love to give this one a go and provide demos.

Hi Smilecythe, just for info; I have a new version almost ready now - I expect to be able to release it tomorrow evening.

Beta 4
Download: mvxdm03b4 (link removed)
As requested, the download (pk3) has the beta version tagged on.

Changes
+ Removed the small wall before the MH hole
+ More stone wall re-modelling (should be complete now)
+ Switched the Devastator + Electro
+ Worked on the lighting (possibly finished)
+ Added a small diagonal edge to the small wall near the Machinegun
+ Removed a medium armor in the lower section, replacing it with 5 shards

I'm still looking for comments on Weapon placement Smile

Work to be done.
- Fix environmental sounds - the wind sounds I've added are currently way to quiet for some reason...
- Add the items required for further gameplay modes

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/help

Spotted a bug at the wall near the shards (old 50a place). It wasn't there before, I know cuz I use that wall to get speed to mega health xD

Attached Files
.zip   bug_mvxdm03b4.zip (Size: 535.01 KB / Downloads: 6)

Hi Smilecythe, thanks for the info/demo. I have reviewed that section and I have no idea why that is happening. I have been able to fix that one wall by splitting the trim into 2 pieces, why that makes a difference I don't know.
I have now searched around the map and have found several walls with the same problem, like up at the Devastator - being able to walk on trim and not falling as long as you keep "pushing" against the wall.

Anyone know what might be causing this problem?

I have also tried different compile options - makes no difference.

Beta 5
Download: mvxdm03b5

Changes
+ Split some of the trim to "fix" a wall-walking bug (still have no idea why it happened)
+ Re-textured the trim
+ Added gameplay info for Domination (not tested)
+ Lowered the floor at the lower jumppad

And again ... I'm still looking for comments on Weapon placement Smile

Work to be done.
- Fix environmental sounds - the wind sounds I've added are currently way to quiet for some reason...
- more gameplay modes? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/help

Not sure if this map is really big enough for modes like CA and TDM, but here's a couple of teamless modes that would work well:

Keepaway - gametype ka
Last Man Standing - gametype lms
[Image: 230.png]

Just add the gamemodes that don't need special entities (DM, LMS, TDM, FT, KA, KH, CA), so people can play them if they wish to without editing the mapinfo afterwards.
[Image: 21.png]
IRC (QuakeNet): #bot.xonotic | #xonotic.pickup | #xonotic | #xonotic.cup
Steam | Twitch.tv | YouTube
Movies: Mirification #1 | #2 | Mirificaption #1 | #3 | #4 | [BOT] Clan #3 | #5 | #6 | #7 | [BOT] Clan #4 | #8 | #9

Release Candidate 1
Download: mvxdm03rc1

Changes
+ Added suggested game modes
+ Minor brush changes (trim walking still happens in some locations, and I still don't know why)

Since no one commented on the weapon placements, I'll assume everyone is okay with them...

Comments
- I'm not really happy with the volume of the ambient sounds, but I'm prepared to leave them as is.
- I'm also not quite sure the lighting is okay - I've tried the "Xonotic approved" builds, but some of the lighting/shadowing doesn't quite look right - again, I'm prepared to leave this if everyone is okay with the current look.

So, if no one finds anything really wrong with this build (or can't find a solution to the trim walking), I'll release this version in about a weeks time.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/help Smile

I'm hosting this map (mvxdm03rc1) on bfgpug server for testing.

Quick question;
What are the console commands to show/hide all the HUD items? I'd like to hide everything for the screenshot I'd like to make...

Thanks in advance

(01-10-2016, 07:09 AM)munyul Wrote: Quick question;
What are the console commands to show/hide all the HUD items? I'd like to hide everything for the screenshot I'd like to make...

Thanks in advance

Code:
viewsize 120
should hide your HUD.

Thanks SpiKe!

viewsize 120 hides all the status bars Smile

What hides the weapon? Wink

I recommend spectating with the following:

cl_hidewaypoints 1
r_letterbox -1
fov 90
[Image: 230.png]

r_drawviewmodel 0

Hides the weapon.
[Image: 249.png] Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out my Newbie Corner!
<ZeRoQL> i think i got 1 proper quad and that cunt halogen fuck me over with a laser

Thanks everyone Smile

@Mario, great tip, works a charm! Cool thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [RELEASE] Aggressive Heights [DM/Duel] munyul 21 15,339 02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: munyul