Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny and interesting Xonotic review (German)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZpPEDTYyA

Basically he gives a nice summary on how a new player experiences Xonotic.

Nice! Big Grin In fact it´s a really good review as it shows which things are good and which not.

Pros:
- cool weapons
- gameplay is basically easy, but there are still very difficult things to learn
- EXTREMELY friendly and helpful community
- solid arena shooter
- relatively good graphics

Cons:
- too few players online (<-- main problem)
- too much options you can adjust (which became a smaller problem imo since samual´s menu update)

thanks for that maddin. began watching the review about a week a ago but my german is nonexistent. Sad

ha, hehe I barely remember that situation. I really think that there should some ultra-simple quick movement tutorial for newbs. Ppl join server and they are totally confused.

hmm it took me a while to get the hang of it without help. It wouldn`t be too hard to make a new tutorial I guess.

I also watched the review, came out quite nicely Smile
I also left a comment there, clearing up the OK misconception.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Hahahah excellent, watched it with my rusty (but apparently good enough to get most of it!) german skills. Found it really funny and true. XD
Agreed that we need tutorials.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

My Video mentioned here? AWESEOME! Big Grin Well, I am the one behind this Video and I want to say thank you to everybody who watched it! I like this game pretty much! I will make another video of this game when it's finished^^

Welcome!

Yeah, do more videos. Wink

#xonotic.de - IRC QuakeNet

(03-11-2012, 03:38 PM)Klabautermann Wrote: My Video mentioned here? AWESEOME! Big Grin Well, I am the one behind this Video and I want to say thank you to everybody who watched it! I like this game pretty much! I will make another video of this game when it's finished^^

Haha welcome to the forums! If you need some tips and tricks on gameplay, I can do a little tutorial for you. Just ask me if you see me online or meet me on IRC (#xonotic on quakenet).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Love Free Software website wrote a review! Pendulla 2 3,496 06-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  I wrote a review for GameSpot LDDestroier 12 8,044 06-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Pendulla
  I wrote a review Caesar 4 5,434 05-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Xonotic Review Bolwind 14 14,799 04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Mepper
  Xonotic on Wikipedia: Translations (German) Halogene 3 4,174 10-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Maddin