Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Importing new maps to Xonotic. Errors exporting to .map on Blender

Hello,
I try to import new maps to Xonotic. Before importing them to netradriant I had first to export them from Blender as .map files but I got this error on blender "calc_tessface not defined "
Do anybody know how to fix this please?
Thanks

wait ... what? ....

importing from what ...

why do you need blender ...

why are you trying to export models as .map file ... why not import them into radiant as a md3 model?

ehm... yeah... ok... w00t? Don´t understand what you are trying to do. Tongue

Give us more information about your problem and what you are doing or we can´t really help you! Wink

Sounds like you are trying to use the blender .map exporter, afaik that think never really worked.

Blender MAP making
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

Exactly I tried to use blender *.map exporter. The thing is that i don't know much about graphism, there was another person who made the map in blender and I want to add it to the game. I saw that I need the .map .bsp .waypoints.. files to constitute the package to put on the data folder.

ok .......

do you realize that you dont need the blender exporter (which apparently doens't work anyways)

export the map as an md3 ... or obj ...
open up netradaint (the app most xonotic mappers use) then add the model strait into the map ...

save it and you have a .map

compile it and you have your .bsp as well

obviously ... you will have to add lights -- spawns -- weapons and make sure the mesh collision settings are right ...

waypoints are added while playing the map in xonotic

Thanks, but I don't know how to add the model straight into the map. Can you explain to me the steps please?

I tried with right-click->misc->misc_model then I got this error:
Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_window_type: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
Model load failed: "/home/soukaina/.../testcthulhu.obj"
entityCreate -class misc_model

I finally succeeded to export a map from blender and generate the .bsp with netradiant then when I launched the game with my map I got this error "Impossible to locate base/eB_base1".
Help please

Please, don´t take this route! It´s not leading you to your goal. Wink

I would suggest that you forget the idea about creating full maps without knowledge about NetRadiant (or any other Radiant). Learn the map editor first (NetRadiant) and then when you understood all the basics of mapping go on with making custom models for your map.

ok thanks for the advice I'll try even if I think it's a graphist job :p... The last error was due to the multiplayer mode, it is returned also for the other existing maps. I think I should try with the single player mode. Does anybody know how to unlock the maps in the single player mode?

Well sure, mapping is a mapper's job. What do you mean? Are you trying to convert existing maps or something?

I really don't understand what you are working with here. There are no "single player mode" maps, and no "multiplayer mode" maps. All maps are common to both.

Right. Realise something? Tongue

I know that they are common for both but in the multiplayer mode you can choose between the maps when in the single player mode you have only one map by default and you need to win a level to unlock the map of the next level. Do you understand now what I mean? or am I wrong :p ?

You just progress through the campaign, there's no unlocking mechanism in maps. The files are there, you don't have to complete the campaign to access them.

Ok thanks everybody

Hello ! It's me again .. Finally I imported my map from blender as an .obj then it successfully compiled but when I played it on xonotic I can walk through the walls so I tried to make it solid with spawnflag 2 in netradiant, it compiled, then I got this error running it in xonotic: "cannot find a spawn point - please fix the map". How can I fix it?
Thx for ur help

Add a spawn point in NetRadiant?

how? I applied the spawnflag 2 to the model.. where should I add a spawn point?
( :$ Sorry I m a newbie in mapping)

Here's a gif that should help you out: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SpawnRadiant.gif

I've already done that but it's when I tried to make the wall solid that I got the error

lol I think it's because a little part of my player is under the model (stairs).. I adjusted it, hope it will work this time

that was it sorry for disturbing

I'm glad you found the solution. Big Grin

Good morning,
I have a new problem Big Grin , I'm trying to texture some trees in my map I have some white borders around so I tried to use the alpha channels for transparency here I attach an example.. but I didn't work I still have my white borders and the grass became black when before I added the alpha jpgs it was green. Any help? or is there any other way to make them transparent.
Thanks a lot

Attached Files
.zip   grass.zip (Size: 918.95 KB / Downloads: 1)

Hummm nobody answering today

Patience my friend... Also, I can't help you with this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Netradiant, xonotic-mapping-support and maps dir? Gwlanbzh 1 1,633 02-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: AriosJentu
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,621 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SOLVED] Xonotic load downloaded maps Bla1 3 5,215 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [BUG] Grappling hook breaks if no new key is pressed while it is midair (new since 8.2) reth 2 3,161 05-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Last Post: reth
  [BUG] xonotic-maps ebuild does not compile ZyX 0 2,339 05-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: ZyX
  [SOLVED] Where do I put maps in Xonotic? greasem0nkey 12 27,283 02-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Exibar
  [NEEDS INFO] cant download map, black map area jaybates86 5 7,211 10-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SOLVED] how can i put the maps installed in xonotic? DagDigg 8 8,999 09-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg
  [SOLVED] Git clone errors end user 11 13,545 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Last Post: end user
  [NEEDS INFO] We need a FAQ item for the "black map" problem in maps with fog Mr. Bougo 6 7,091 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Last Post: edh