Create an account

Poll: Do we need a new logo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
5.80%
4 5.80%
No
88.41%
61 88.41%
Yes, but there are more important things to focus on right now.
5.80%
4 5.80%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Xonotic Needs A New Logo

Could use a little bit more flair. Perhaps a font change too. Also, wings look kinda weak.

Thoughts?

Mutually inexclusive poll!

But really, no.
Mutually inexclusive polls are:
A: stupid
B: brilliant
C: I like cheese
D: brilliant but I really could do with a cheese sandwich first!!

Seriously though I don't think it's needed. The current artwork is good and the phoenix is very symbolic!
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Current Xonotic's logo is the best that Xonotic could ever have!

==> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think the logo is cool and fine as it is. Also changing a logo has an impact on the recognition effect, something we don't/shouldn't want to happen too often especially when player count is still an issue for the game.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

nope.avi Tongue
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

nope.jpg

NOPE.png
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-21-2012, 04:18 AM)Loafers Wrote: Also, wings look kinda weak.
Thoughts?

I tried to give the whole logo a more manly look

[Image: iISHs.jpg]

I also wanted to gave Xonoman a fedora hat, but it appears bird heads are not designed to wear silly hats [Image: heul.gif]
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

(03-21-2012, 08:06 AM)Soelen Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 04:18 AM)Loafers Wrote: Also, wings look kinda weak.
Thoughts?

I tried to give the whole logo a more manly look

[Image: iISHs.jpg]

I also wanted to gave Xonoman a fedora hat, but it appears bird heads are not designed to wear silly hats [Image: heul.gif]

As crazy and absurd as this sounds, I actually wouldn't mind having that as the Xonotic logo.

edit: he should carry a rocket launcher with his left arm!

Without looking at the name, I could identify the poster ASAP...

BTW... I got an idea...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

You can make it a secret player in game, unlockable after finishing SP campaign.

(03-21-2012, 08:12 AM)rafallus Wrote: You can make it a secret player in game, unlockable after finishing SP campaign.
That'd be a great easter egg Big Grin!

nope.mmpz
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

There's clearly a bandwagon effect going on, but I picked the reasonable "no".

Making a new logo seems like an extreme solution to the issues you have with the current one. Especially if you just seem to want this one gone without proposing anything better.

Lol so many nopes, I'm amazed nobody used this meme:

[Image: 8vw1g.jpg?1316138165]

I'll give an emphatic and unreasonable no.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Soelen, is that Xonoman playing the piano with his toes? WTF is he doin?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(03-21-2012, 04:18 AM)Loafers Wrote: Could use a little bit more flair. Perhaps a font change too. Also, wings look kinda weak.

Thoughts?
Excellent idea, Xonotic does need a new identity and it needs it today. The management needs to organise a competition to find Xonotic's next identity - logo, colours, font, sounds etc and offer a good cash prize as an incentive.

A new look for a new month, a total makeover.

PS the new logo needs a moon or two (but no wolves).

(03-21-2012, 09:00 AM)Halogene Wrote: Soelen, is that Xonoman playing the piano with his toes? WTF is he doin?

Yeah, there's quite a bit of toe action going on, I noticed that.

Also, Spaceman, I love you.

The shape is fine, it's just the presentation of it (the muted colours with bright outlines) that i'm not satisfied with.

I've seen a lot of organizations try to "jazz up" their logo, and fail. Look at the incarnations of the MS logo, and ask yourself when they started changing it for the sake of change.

I dont think so, the existing logo is looking so cool.
If you still want to change your logo than you can contact me , i can also do it for you.

I still dislike the current Xonotic logo. Mostly because I find it too simple and somewhat plastic looking... the overall design isn't to my taste as much. The idea of a phoenix was also based on the Illfonic - Nexuiz incident, which IMO isn't something that should permanently represent Xonotic.

Back when the logo was chosen, I suggested a different design which I think looked better... but most people went with this one so that was the choice. Completely changing it now would probably do more harm than good however, since Xonotic has been around for years and this is its brand. Still, I'm up for re-shaping it a bit and making it look somewhat more modern and better. My choice in the pool was "Yes, but there are more important things to focus on right now".

I bet that the guy who proposed it is A. Medvedev (ex mappet-presednt of Russin Federation) in diguise. He have renamed russian militia into police.

nope.sh.bat.deb.exe.tar.gz.iso.ak47.rar.zip.dat.pk3
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DISCUSSION] Xonotic and QuakeC: How painful could it be rewrite Xonotic in a new language? derrant 2 2,361 07-14-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,230 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic needs a clearer website displaying mods satuim 13 17,918 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Clan Logo Graffiti / Tag spray button Sarge999 3 7,797 11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  [SUGGESTION] A little thing teamplay really needs. _para 8 7,133 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Last Post: VNilla