Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM]Bleach b2

[Image: uhye9mtp1huy6tw1asr8_thumb.jpg][Image: 1c3y211k4uchf21os19_thumb.jpg][Image: l19zo3p07qtvbt62ecb_thumb.jpg]

Download: http://ompldr.org/vYnNoeg/bleach-b1_fix.pk3
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Great work, I really like the new texturing here and I can see you did some tweaks/gameplay fixes... On the other hand, there are 2 major problems. Firstly: The ambient sounds are WAYYYYYYYYYY too loud here, i'm guessing there were from the old map -- either way, they should be much softer.

And secondly...

PROVIDE THE GODDAMN MAP SOURCE WHEN YOU PACKAGE YOUR MAPS!!!!

This is actually in violation of GPL, because this map was originally released under the GPLv2 and you have edited it but not provided adequate source of the changes. Regardless of that, you make it impossible to improve the maps in the future.. and it's against the spirit of opensource development and gaming.

I really wouldn't care so much if this was the first time you did it, but consistently you always fail to package your maps with source -- at least in the past you provided it when asked (SOME TIMES) -- now when I asked on IRC, you refuse. I think i'll contact Strahlemann and let him know about this GPL violation to his work Tongue

It surely looks amazing! Great job.

I really think this could be an official map.

But then, of course, you need to include the source.

oh yeah, good job cortez. Good map is good. And this one is even better now. But those ambient sounds are annoying indeed.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

+1 for Samual

Despite some needed texture-fixes this map looks great! Oh wait, Strahlemann made it? Tongue

(12-16-2011, 04:42 PM)Mepper Wrote: I really think this could be an official map.

hahaha good one!
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

5 mega armors and 1 mega health is a way too much! Smile But I love this remake.

(12-16-2011, 08:37 PM)Justin Wrote: 5 mega armors and 1 mega health is a way too much! Smile

This is what original map had. In public FFA it was workng pretty well in my opinion.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I see it mostly as tdm or duel map and 5 mega armors for duiel is too many. Anyway: there is a bug on the stairs: When u re under them u can see through.
Also: 2 small health on the top floor are joined together.

Indeed, 5 mega-armours is just way too many. This could potentially be used for TDM for comp play, imo if you want to make some TDM/ffa maps, unless it's going to be purely for FFA, don't put any more then 1x MegaArmour on it, put in max 2x50a and then 25a's or shards.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Looks pretty cool, will have to give it a run. Also, what Samual said.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

i added the additional textures which are missing in the 0.5 version. i hope it works fine now

http://ompldr.org/vYnNoeg/bleach-b1_fix.pk3

enjoy

... and still no source.

i don't understand you problem, cortez. and just ignoring those who mention "source" is surely not the right way to go.

you're not only not releasing the source (which is debatable, but fine with me although i don't understand it) but now you are violating the original license of the map, which is... well, illegal.

as harsh as it sounds, i don't think there is a place for you in an open-source-community, as long as you're not changing your mind.

edit: it says "source" in my post, but i did want to get an answer to it! crap...

That is very harsh, and unfair. Cortez is among the most active community contributors, so don't bash him like that way!
I'm pretty sure he has his reasons not to include the sources YET, and I'm also sure he WILL do so in the future.
Those, who are not convinced: he didn't include sources of Darkzone either, and oh look, what's on git?
http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/xonoti...kzone;js=1
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

dont get me wrong, he definitely is a win for xonotic, he's maybe even the most skilled mapper around here and i DO like his maps, but his way of not COMMUNIcating in this COMMUNIty is annoying. whats so hard about writing "will release the source when its final/i've time for that/whatever?

regardless of any reasons he may have or whatever he's planning, he HAS TO make the source available, because of the license of the original map. period. i mostly dont care for licenses, but violating the GPL without dropping any word about it and ignoring everyone who asks for the source..... no, sorry.

Here is a bug on the stairs: When u re under them u can see through.
Also: 2 small health on the top floor are joined together.Anyway i like this thread it's really so informative thank you everyone for sharing this great informative stuff..

What the hell? That's a crazy spambot, because it accurately stated that there indeed is a bug on the stairs when your under them. These things are getting intelligent guys, pretty scary when you think about it.

Oh wait.

Maybe his account got hacked? :o

(12-17-2011, 08:07 AM)Justin Wrote: there is a bug on the stairs: When u re under them u can see through.

(12-19-2011, 03:06 AM)PeTeRFraNkLin Wrote: Here is a bug on the stairs: When u re under them u can see through.

he copied a post from justin.

Sorry, thats too much pointless work. I'm not going to finish this map.

40-50% of the map needs to be rebuild. mostly because some parts are scaled in a weird factor

Nooooo! Confused

NNNOOOOO!!!!1!!

Oh wait.

... but ... but ... bleach has been around since pre nexuiz 1.5 .. if it dies the only surviving map will be storm keep.... ... maybe I will pick up this map ... ill take a look at its state tonight.

Quote:Nooooo! Confused

Quote:Nooooo!

I think what you meant was this: Noooooo!