Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

woa ... a little lighting can do wonders

[Image: ise1whgsmy1t805xvf97_thumb.jpg]
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice Cortez, but what's up with the rock and its shadow on the ceiling?

(10-27-2012, 06:28 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: what's up with the rock and its shadow on the ceiling?

i changed the rocks last night a bit http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/47rl...jeby1b.jpg they look better now.

i havent touched the lighting yet, thats why there are some artifacts
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(10-20-2012, 06:06 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: bbut535qokkx6t20hvt2_thumb.jpg]

looks great Cortez, keep this up.

(10-24-2012, 10:17 PM)Mirio Wrote: With help of teh Catgroove

I also listen to Parov Stelar when working on stuff.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I like how you are so determined to not let any color into that map ... and achieve everything with light painting .... (the exact opposite of what I am doing ... Tongue )

(11-01-2012, 06:25 PM)hutty Wrote: I like how you are so determined to not let any color into that map ... and achieve everything with light painting .... (the exact opposite of what I am doing ... Tongue )

Yeah, it doesn't really need that much colour, I like the style.

Looking brilliant Justin!

http://ubuntuone.com/2Z5XXC4YDjJf0MybVYtbwu

grass ... so fluffy

:3

not a fur shader
its 7 layers of patchmesh terrain ...
maddin is going to kill me

how is player hoverig on top of grass?

(11-01-2012, 09:50 PM)hutty Wrote: http://ubuntuone.com/2Z5XXC4YDjJf0MybVYtbwu

grass ... so fluffy

not a fur shader

Image not found. You have the most reliable hosts, hutty Tongue

EDIT: Nvm, their https does not seem to work. Awesome.

(11-01-2012, 09:50 PM)hutty Wrote: http://ubuntuone.com/2Z5XXC4YDjJf0MybVYtbwu

grass ... so fluffy

not a fur shader

* Maddin is killing hutty

Seriously, I got a headache when looking at this... also, never heard of something called consistence? I think Cortez mentioned that somewhere too...

Suggestion... use a heightmap for that grass with an extremely high contrast and you´ll get the same result when enabling relief mapping...

(dots for you, hutty Wink )

the only issue with height mapping is it doesn't happen if one has heightmapping off ... which I always do ... I like the fluffy grass ...
... if I cant resolve the current framerate issues I am having with the grass ... I'll switch it to a hieghtmap ...

it looks better when viewed from a normal angle ... but I couldn't show a screenshot of that because the rest of the map is a huge mess right now ...

.. what do you mean by consistence ? ... if you are meaning matching the rest of xonotic style ... i'm working on it ...

I think he means consistency, and it works on a smaller scale too (consistency across a map) (not saying this isn't consistent, I have no idea).

Yeah whatever, I think you got it. Tongue Ask Cortez666 about it he can help you for sure on that, I´m too lazy at the moment. Tongue

That Hutty-grass reminds me a lot of the rally environment in Trackmania. It does look more or less nice on screenshots, but when moving it's incredibly fake there. I hope the Hutty-grass does this better :-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

dang ... i never played rally environment (only island - coast - city -statum and canyon) ... but actually ... the grass looks better while moving than it does in screenshots ...

[Image: cZaoh.jpg]

[Image: HA8Rw.png]

go home stormkeep
you are drunk

(11-04-2012, 11:21 AM)hutty Wrote: go home stormkeep
you are drunk

Nice Hutty, nice!

Is this a remake of final rage? Stormkeep upside down? Damn, It looks better then orginal.

stormkeep upside down ...

dont play with it flipped sideways ,,, it will make you sick

[Image: 67mpt8altezrd3st670_thumb.jpg][Image: omk8cuvodi7a6kgiar_thumb.jpg][Image: uw40mgi4xoqskkj06i3g_thumb.jpg]

[Image: qmw3.png]

Doing some useful stuff for you, the community, lately. This is a map compiler GUI which (will) support a lot of handy features which makes compiling and testing maps easier than it was before. I´m currently struggling around with the fancy Windows Commandline... oh did I mentioned that it will be available for Linux (mainly tbh) too? Wink Stay tuned, there will be a release some time soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,103 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,625 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe