Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Crosshair Set

If we went the route of doing crosshair "packs" then they need not be of the same style. I think of them as being like regular mouse cursors on your desktop - some like the flash of animations and whatnot, while others prefer a regular ole dot.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Indeed, think of them as cursors - each cursor in the set (waiting, hand, clicking, normal, etc.) stylistically matches the others. One does not look like this while the others look like this.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Yup, agreed there. Each pack should be the same stylistically. What I'm saying is that both sets presented are great, and it would be a shame if one couldn't be included (thus the "packs" feature you mentioned is a good one).
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Yes, that's what I meant - packs don't have to share a style, but crosshairs within a pack should share a style (and each pack should include generic and per-weapon xhairs).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Still, we need new defaults. Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

You can change the viewing angle with snapang, you can use to restore snapang at 0 degrees.I fully support adding the ability to set a different crosshair for every weapon, it would indeed help very much. I hope a way to add such a thing can be found in the end, it would be very nice and useful if possible.

om nom nom spam

still, anyone has a pk3 with gpl sources?

(10-02-2010, 05:06 PM)FruitieX Wrote: om nom nom spam

still, anyone has a pk3 with gpl sources?

Sources for our current crosshairs?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Well, a pk3 with the crosshairs would already do. Can't add them to the game if there's nothing provided to add.
If there are svg sources or such, then it's a good idea to include those as well.

A try at crosshair making. Unfortunately, the replace already existing crosshairs. Is it possible to avoid that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pk3   aa.pk3 (Size: 97.04 KB / Downloads: 5)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

This looks very stylish, aa. Good job! The upper right one might be too distracting but rest is brilliant!

Maybe it might not be a real problem, if they could be used as replacements for "worse" crosshairs. Smile

I get a RPG feeling with those. Smile Get flashbacks to Oblivion...

(11-12-2013, 03:10 PM)machine! Wrote: I get a RPG feeling with those. Smile Get flashbacks to Oblivion...
This is the first step in making singleplayer.
I guess it is the high qualitySmile

t I agree that the top right one is way to distracting, gotta try to make some more.

New Crosshairs!
[Image: 0_cd858_5e9077f4_orig]

Attached Files
.pk3   crosshairsbyaa.pk3 (Size: 97.04 KB / Downloads: 7)

You´ve done a nice job creating these crosshair, no doubt! Smile But to be honest using such crosshairs in the game is not only distracting but also you won´t even have that much detail at the normal crosshair-size.

aa, nice desingn! These shapes look gothic to me.
Only watch out for cropped blur - that's no good Big Grin

I'd suggest a name for your pack:
Blades
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

How do i actually use these crosshairs? WHen putting the pk3 to xonotic/user/data it wont show up in options?!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manually set frusta (stereo vision) Crash_Override 1 3,417 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  *NEW* EASY-TO-USE physics set from experimentation by frutiex and kojn (please read) kojn^ 39 39,010 05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Last Post: kojn^