Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I agree with Maddin: looks beatiful and detailed.
I disagree with Maddin: I like the colors!

I'm working on a new track (a big one):

Right now the track is 23 minutes long. I'm working on a nice loop. It won't get much longer than that.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Which program is that? Looks like FL Studio^^

To the maps posted above:
I like the map, many details, a open but not too wide area, harmony of green and orange as colors (it should stay this way^^). The map will work quite nice as a arena map Smile

To Maddins Slimepit: Looks very-- green Big Grin - No, it looks like fantastic work!

Looks great Maddin! The texturing job is incredibly clean!

My only suggestion would be more color aside from the green. The green makes a nice accent but the rest of the texturing is completely monochromatic.

Less is more.

Mepper is right there, trust me! Nevertheless thanks Revenant!

This? Looks like flstudio? Oh wow.
Although I wonder as well what piece of tool this is.

No, it´s LMMS; Linux Multimedia Studio. Wink

You can alter the style of FLStudio :/ Thats the reason why my FL-Studio looks a bit like his program^^

(09-24-2011, 03:52 PM)Drakons Wrote: Which program is that? Looks like FL Studio^^

It's a free (and open source) alternative to FL Studio Big Grin

LMMS http://lmms.sf.net
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Already tried it. Import from FL is wonderful - every piece of playlist is lost. Basically, what gets imported is instruments and notes. The point of this?..

(09-26-2011, 12:56 PM)unfa Wrote: It's a free (and open source) alternative to FL Studio Big Grin

If only cross-platform, for us Windows users too. Looks nice though... been interested in something like that which is also open source.

[Image: pzwt73qxk86t6quh62_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Oh my, some more quality mapping from Kuniu! Kudos to kuniu! Everybody brush his/her teeth now!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(09-26-2011, 03:43 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 12:56 PM)unfa Wrote: It's a free (and open source) alternative to FL Studio Big Grin

If only cross-platform, for us Windows users too. Looks nice though... been interested in something like that which is also open source.

Ironically there is a Windows version of Linux MultiMedia Studio.

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/download.php

(09-27-2011, 12:55 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: [Image: pzwt73qxk86t6quh62_thumb.jpg]

Awesome, haven't seen multi-tiered maps done like that in Nexuiz or Xonotic.

(09-27-2011, 12:55 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: [Image: pzwt73qxk86t6quh62_thumb.jpg]

I love Big Grin Looks similar to Afterslime I think, layout wise.

I think we need some more texture packs because if these textures are used in every second map it gets a bit boring.

You´ve got a very good point there [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC]! The map looks great kuniu the frogg and I´m scared whether the new slimepit (also this texturepack) will get accepted when it always looks the same.

well, we don't have much of a choice if we don't have many people able to make textures. I'm reading quite a lot about it recently and maybe someday... But not now. And we must do our best with what we have Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Yes, but later you will have to retexture the map or it will look like 10 others.

Hmm, theoretically you´re right but you also have to keep in mind that the maps are created with and for these textures. You can´t change them easily so that they will "fit".

I retextured the red/blue base now.

Now I just need to find a better skybox.

PS: I'm in holidays for two weeks now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think that's too colored now. I'd suggest leaving the pavement a normal texture, and coloring the borders and everything else by team.

What I hate about patches can be seen clearly in this screenshot. It's so damn hard to make a real circle with them. What you usually get is fugly shapes looking like rectangle with heavily rounded corners.

A wood texture which I created with GIMP out of scratch:
[Image: woodm.th.png]
What do you think?

Some bough spots won't hurt…

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,095 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,310 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe