Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonorbiter, Music for xonotic

Hey guys,
I just come to make this music especially for Xonotic.
Hope you like it, i didn't finished it yet but here is the preview.

Feed back Please ! Big Grin

PS: If any staff of the team needs it , pm me and i will give it to the disaired Extention.

i dont like it. sounds too much like a techno disco instead of a game soundtrack.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Not bad but in my opinion it sounds too much like party music.

EDIT: Oh! Cortez666 was too fast.

okay i will see how to make it like a game track

I do like it Smile

This kind of music makes you feel totally awesome while playing Big Grin

Agree with Cortez.

C´mon, Xonotic´s origin is Quake which used metal/electronic/industrial music and techno would ruin the game! Quake 3 used more electronic music but still keeping the guitars for some nice metal flair. Unreal Tournament (/2004) didn´t used such extreme techno either. Still a mixture of metal and electronic. Also the people how play arena shooters seem to prefer this style of music, so it would be a pity if Xonotic hasn´t such nice music too.

It´s just so much more awesome too frag people with a nice up-pushing sound than some boring and monotonous techno.

I´m really disappointed that no one of the music artists here makes some tracks with guitars. You can´t rock with techno you know?

Sounds awesome by itself but I agree it doesn't quite fit with the game.

Nice track. I think it might work actually...looking forward to hearing more from you. Might test this track out with xonotic tomorrow.

I think that it depends on your personal preference. If you don´t like techno by itself then you probably won´t like it in a game. On the other side, if you like techno then you´ll like to hear it also in a game. Wink

I think its cool but maybe too fast for xonotic. Try playing it with 2/3 speed, that's a lot better(for xonotic purposes).

It may be funny but I can't distinguish electronic music genres. What chooksta's work called Big Grin ?

idk about the techno thing ... the issue I'm having is that it is a constant loud blast of sound ... remember that player have to be able to hear what is going on ... as well as the music

If you´re playing competitive then you will disable music completely. Every music is distracting, doesn´t matter whether it´s techno, rock or pop. Only when playing some FFA it´s nice to have some good tunes playing in the background.

(04-20-2012, 10:56 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: I think its cool but maybe too fast for xonotic. Try playing it with 2/3 speed, that's a lot better(for xonotic purposes).

It may be funny but I can't distinguish electronic music genres. What chooksta's work called Big Grin ?

i just put most of mine under the electronic style, that way it covers everything i think :p

http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/nifrek-ch...nd-resting

^^^ so what would ya call that tune?

anyway max , i like it mate , but maybe ya could add a bit more , then get some polish over it.

gimmie the track and if you want ill chooksterize it and post it on here if you want

also soundcloud.com ftw

t

:^

oh and this was my game sounding track :p

http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/battle-is-over-bass

(where did chooky get them sounds from)

hehehe

t

:^

(04-21-2012, 09:12 AM)chooksta Wrote: http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/nifrek-ch...nd-resting

Eh, it sounds more definable than most of your stuff. But I still can't define it Big Grin

(04-21-2012, 09:44 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 09:12 AM)chooksta Wrote: http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/nifrek-ch...nd-resting

Eh, it sounds more definable than most of your stuff. But I still can't define it Big Grin
sounds like straight up hip hop to me...good though

This aint that bad, the overall quality is good, but maybe you should checkout some more of the Quake 2 or UT99/2004 soundtracks, those are fine examples of excellent game tracks Smile

Also, if you work with drumkits, don't use the same sound too often after each other (like the snare in the beginning), or it'll make it sound like a midi track from 1995 Tongue Instead, take the sound and adjust it for a bit, use filters, pitch, delay effects, I really recommend Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for editing sounds
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,230 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,805 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,148 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,106 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,605 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,044 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,716 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,971 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy